Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Was going to mention Badiashile yesterday but couldn't remember his name. Or his club. In fact I don't even know why I was going to mention him, I know absolutely nothing about him.

Cheers Merse [emoji38]

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I’m not too bothered about not getting him, I think he’s a little slow for the PL and takes too many chances. 

I like him but (much like Nunez) he seems to be a little overhyped currently. 

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

VVD is a better athlete, so is Dias. I could be totally wrong Obvs, just from watching him, he made a few errors that would get highly punished in the PL. 

He's only 22 though he's probably 6 years off peak. Just needs the coaching but has the foundations. At least he will be playing alongside burn and Schar and not jamal and Clark so there is hope there

Count me as one who'd be ever so slightly disappointed if we didn't sign him, especially after chasing him all of January and AS claiming he still wanted to join in that later interview. Young, powerful, strong CB who could grow brilliantly with us.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I just think he lacks some fundamentals to transition to the PL. He is lax on the ball a lot, and doesn’t have the physical traits of recovery from bad decisions imo. 

When I've watched he seems a bit to fond of an obvious shove in the back.

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Agree. Love his proactive way of defending as well. He’s aggressive but not too much, reads the game very well and has great mobility and general athleticism. Would love him here 

You can see here that Ndicka (12.37) got better pressure stats than Botman (7.39): https://fbref.com/en/players/441197b8/Obite-NDicka vs https://fbref.com/en/players/ccce7025/Sven-Botman

I’d like this player but this talk is clearly coming from his agent. I’m 100% confident in the clubs plan, if we don’t move for him it’ll be for right reason, they’ve been spot on about everything else so far.

You can criticise the Wood signing but he was brought in to bring the team higher up the pitch more so than score goals, objective achieved. There’s a reason for everything when it comes to our manager.

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’d like this player but this talk is clearly coming from his agent. I’m 100% confident in the clubs plan, if we don’t move for him it’ll be for right reason, they’ve been spot on about everything else so far.

You can criticise the Wood signing but he was brought in to bring the team higher up the pitch more so than score goals, objective achieved. There’s a reason for everything when it comes to our manager.

Staveley was literally quoted as saying “Sven said yes in January”. Theres clearly genuine interest. As long as we bring in another quality CB then mint. Probs need two if Lascelles goes 

Edited by ExiledGeordie