Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

2 goals conceded, 1 of which was arguably his man in an aerial dual he didn't get into.

He was man marking someone else for the first goal. Played well I thought apart from Havertz turning him. Maybe a tad lacking in pace possibly.

30 minutes ago, Outremont said:

He’s wank and didn’t come when we needed him. No thanks. 

When it gets to the stage where it's clear the move is only going to happen if the player kicks off/downs tools, I'd rather they didn't come. If they do it at one club they will do it at another. 

The fact that he seemed to be open to it, but remained professional (same with Carlos) actually put him up higher in my estimation. 

In a twist of fate I was actually at the Chelsea v Lille game last night (the Chelsea fans sat in front turned round and gave me daggers when I cheered Ben Arfa skinning 2 of their players at near the end) but I thought he looked absolute quality. I'd love us to sign him. Proper unit and great with the ball at his feet as well. To tell the truth I'd never heard of him till last month!

Edited by Wallsendmag

Amanda Staveley confirms Sven Botman is keen on Newcastle United move and talks transfers

The co-owner has broken her silence after the transfer window

nechronicle

Amanda Staveley says that £50million-rated defender Sven Botman is still keen to join the club in the summer from Lille.

Chronicle Live reported on February 17 that the Ripon financier was still eager to bring the talented Dutch star to Tyneside despite being rejected in the January window.

Speaking to the Athletic , Staveley said: "We were 19th going into the window.

"So we had that, an illiquid market, and the complexity of COVID-19, which meant clubs didn’t want to sell because they didn’t know where their squads would end up.

"We had to encourage players – ‘we’ll be a safe place for you, we’ll deliver and grow’.

"Some desperately wanted to come to us, like Sven (Botman), who still does very much and has talked very openly about that.

"Coming through all that showed us we can do it, that we can stick to our plan and if we get criticised on the last day for ‘oh, you’re going after Jesse (Lingard)’, well, Jesse wanted to come to us.

"We did everything. We never stopped. From the start to the finish, we did not stop working."