Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

On 29/05/2022 at 00:52, Mansour said:

Physically not as exciting as Evan Ndicka, but I think he has a better character. I prefer Ndicka, personally.

Never say that out loud 

Latest from Di Marzio:

Milan transfer market: the point on defense

Starting from the defense, Milan want to buy a central defender (also due to the increasingly probable departure of Romagnoli, who is about to expire his contract). To Botman - which remains a concrete goal but with which contacts are now a little less fluid than in recent months - there is an alternative: it is Bremer,whose price tag, after the renewal with Turin, could around 20 to 25 million euros, but Inter also likes it (which also has a virtual handshake with the player but who cannot close the deal at the moment). 

Just now, Scoot said:

Hopefully this turns out in our favour!

Get the feeling Milan have other irons in the fire now, really hoping this one pulls through. If not, I can see Ake coming in.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Get the feeling Milan have other irons in the fire now, really hoping this one pulls through. If not, I can see Ake coming in.

I'd be quite happy with Ake but would definitely prefer Botman. 

No idea why as I haven't really seen Botman play but I think it's more the fact that he's obviously our first choice centre back transfer target.

Aye I'm the same... I want him because the gaffas clearly do so willing to bow to their choices, for the first time in years! 

Also something about nabbing a central defender from under the nose of Maldini and AC Milan feels like a statement, kind of announcing us as serious players. :aww:

Edited by Wilson

I’d prefer Bremer, Ake or N’Dicka personally, but the fact that we’re out here financially bullying a Serie A winner to (hopefully) snag our priority target feels lush.

Edited by McCormick

My only worry with Botman is his slight lack of recovery pace and his appetite to go to ground for tackles.

Other than that, he's a beast, dominating defender & future captain who could be the base of our backline for 10 years. Ala Kompany.

I trust our scouts and AC Milan / Maldini tend to be decent at defending :) I'm in.

Aye that's how I see it. Badiashile is quicker, looks like he carries the ball better, and beyond that they look to have similar stats. Obviously I trust the judgement of Howe like, it's a shame they're both left footed [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

41 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

My only worry with Botman is his slight lack of recovery pace and his appetite to go to ground for tackles.

Other than that, he's a beast, dominating defender & future captain who could be the base of our backline for 10 years. Ala Kompany.

I trust our scouts and AC Milan / Maldini tend to be decent at defending :) I'm in.

Yeah, unfortunately players of his build will always look a bit sluggish; his strength and size are obviously major asset for aerial duels etc. so you have to take the good with the bad.

After keeping a closer eye on him since we’ve been linked, my only real worry with him is when he’s covering for an out of position full-back. It usually ends up massively highlighting his lack of acceleration. If Howe is looking at a more attacking left-back ala Lodi, it does concern me a bit.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, unfortunately players of his build will always look a bit sluggish; his strength and size are obviously major asset for aerial duels etc. so you have to take the good with the bad.

After keeping a closer eye on him since we’ve been linked, my only real worry with him is when he’s covering for an out of position full-back. It usually ends up massively highlighting his lack of acceleration. If Howe is looking at a more attacking left-back ala Lodi, it does concern me a bit.

Aye, you feel if we played a back three, he'd player central, rather than left side.

Hello fellow toon army!

My opinion on botman and the whole sluggish conversation. Just think back to John Terry, just able to read the game extremely well. Sven has years on his side, and Howe and Co to develop his game.

He's going to be an improvement to the squad for sure if we get him so fingers crossed.

36 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Lol so no surprises or developments from what we already knew. It was clear they would be his first choice. It's down to whether they can afford him and if not whether we become a better alternative. If they look elsewhere he will probably end up here.

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Lol so no surprises or developments from what we already knew. It was clear they would be his first choice. It's down to whether they can afford him and if not whether we become a better alternative. If they look elsewhere he will probably end up here.

If it's true (and to be honest I don't take much notice of reporters under the 'clickbait' days of today), then we need to just move onto the next target. Plenty of good quality defenders out there.