Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

9 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Gazetta reckons he wants to join Milan 

Don't blame him, he's guaranteed games there whilst here he would be back up to Big Dan Burn

Tbf, Dan Burn's success has made our need for a new CB far less desperate. I don't think we'll be back in for Carlos now for example, that ship has sailed IMO. Fantastic defender, but we aren't going to pay £30m for a 30 yr old. I think we might go for younger prospects like Badiashile. While Botman is clearly our top target, we are still a few years from Milan's status, so can't blame him if he chooses them at this stage. A couple of seasons down the line and I think we'll be in a position to blow even the likes of Milan out of the water for the best players.

11 hours ago, Thiago said:

Fair fucks. 

He seemed keen to join us when we looked like the only team able to do a deal in January. If waiting to the summer throws Milan into the mix I think it gets harder for us to convince him especially with Maldini on a charm offensive. Our only advantage is more money but I'd not want to go down that route as our sole motivator towards players. 

Don't get me wrong, going against Milan for a CB is going to be hard, but I think you're selling us way short there.  Come the summer if we're still in the prem I think we'll have a fairly massive pull given the project.  Players will want to be on the ground floor imo. 

if I was a centre back (i am... was!) I think I would pick the chance to go with arguably one of the world´s best ever defenders as a manager, and a not bad club to go along with it.

Still will be in with a shout tho´, the money and project may be a pull for those with vision.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

if I was a centre back (i am... was!) I think I would pick the chance to go with arguably one of the world´s best ever defenders as a manager, and a not bad club to go along with it.

Still will be in with a shout tho´, the money and project may be a pull for those with vision.

Maldini isn't the manager

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

He’s technical director, the same as Ashworth is likely to be.

7 hours ago, Wilson said:

Don't get me wrong, going against Milan for a CB is going to be hard, but I think you're selling us way short there.  Come the summer if we're still in the prem I think we'll have a fairly massive pull given the project.  Players will want to be on the ground floor imo. 

I mean - it's Maldini and they're top of the league right now. You'd be on for another go at that, Champions League football. I'd pick Newcastle, but I'm bias ha. We're offering promise, they're offering genuine opportunity. 

9 hours ago, LRD said:

Seems like Sporting is also in financial distress. Any Portuguese wunderkinds we can raid them for before Mendes and Wolves get their hands on them?

Inácio is a highly rated up and coming CB. I’m sure they have a highly rated young LB as well, but could have already sold him.

Edited by Stifler

24 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I mean - it's Maldini and they're top of the league right now. You'd be on for another go at that, Champions League football. I'd pick Newcastle, but I'm bias ha. We're offering promise, they're offering genuine opportunity. 

Aye...but the point i was making was if we're still here in the summer, we have a lot more to offer than just money. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Inácio is a highly rated up and coming CB. I’m sure they have a highly rated young LB as well, but could have already sold him.

There were claims we actually bid for Inacio in January.

He's another young left footed centre back, and so would have been a possible alternative to Botman and Badiashile.