Sven Botman

The Prophet

Guest HTT II

I’m loving our AC Milan fans here in peace, again when I was a kid, Serie A was great and opened my eyes up to European football and footballers not from here. My weekends were full of Serie A and motorsport, then MOTD. 

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We've got off on the wrong foot but it was just a little too long winded for me. I hope you're keeping well, though.

I didn't realize we were on the wrong foot to begin with, but glad to know that we're past that. Thank you for your well wishes, I hope you and your family are in the best of health.

25 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Howay man we have a rival fan on here of a historic club given great insight and analysis, it’s much better than some of that Mexican and Friday 3.00pm shite that gets trotted out on here…

:tino:

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

People do know that they can just scroll past long posts if they don't want to read them don't they? It's not against the forum rules or out.

Just shows you how society has changed, back in the day this wouldn’t have happened with my long posts, people read the shit out of them and I’m told a lot of them were printed off and ended up on the book shelves (before they become famous as Zoom backdrops during covid) of coffee shops all over the world for people to read while enjoying their lattes, even Mexico!

Edited by HTT II

You guys have all been so nice to me, and have flattered my club, to which I thank you all for being so hospitable.

I don't think the size of the club is what makes Milan appealing right now though, it's that we have a proven track record of promoting young players, developing them, and trusting them if they stumble.

Maldini makes direct pitches to players. He was the one who personally recruited Theo Hernandez to come to Milan, telling him that he believed Theo could become the best LB in the world.

This is what Maldini said to Kalulu, our CB wonderboy, who had yet to make a single professional appearance: "For the first six months I want you to watch and learn. You’re in the country where defending is king. Memorise all you can. Sooner or later, your chance will come."

Maldini is obviously going to have some pull with defenders, as these kids, who probably never watched Maldini play, all admire him. Milan fans are widely of the belief that Maldini is like Billy Beane (from the movie Moneyball) and is a shadow coach for our defenders. Now, that doesn't seem to actually be the case, and Pioli (our manager) seems to be the real deal, but that's the perception of Maldini and that has to play into Botman's choice.

I think Newcastle is still in the early stages of your build, but I think you guys need need need to have Shearer as part of your executive team. The fact that Roma didn't keep Totti around is absolute insanity to me. There is a huge value to having players be part of your recruitment. There are players who are going to go for money, and they should, they are playing a game where their careers can end in an instant. But, I also think with the massive competition for players, you need to be selling more than "hey, we're a big club, we will pay you good money, come here." The sorts of personalities that you're going for are strong ones.

Paqueta did not shy away from go against our former manager when he insulted Brazil. Paqueta has backbone. You want players who think more than one step ahead, and there's no doubt that Maldini is crucial to our recruitment. He sold Tomori on leaving Chelsea, when right now, he'd be their starting CB, without question. Tomori has learned Italian and has impressed Italy with how fast it took him to give an interview in Italian. They love him here.

So, for me, Shearer has to be there. Our players have talked about how getting a call from Maldini makes things really different. Shearer can be that for you, and why he isn't, I'm unsure, but, I think that selling players onto the goal, the framework, that you're playing for a club, not just some sports franchise, is what makes the difference. Newcastle represents more than just the stripes on the shirt, St. James is more than a stadium, the fans are people who will fight for you as long as you fight for them, even if you lose. It's an easy sell. It's easier when it's Shearer, and for us, we have Maldini and Baresi making those pitches. That's the difference, I think.

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

You guys have all been so nice to me, and have flattered my club, to which I thank you all for being so hospitable.

I don't think the size of the club is what makes Milan appealing right now though, it's that we have a proven track record of promoting young players, developing them, and trusting them if they stumble.

Maldini makes direct pitches to players. He was the one who personally recruited Theo Hernandez to come to Milan, telling him that he believed Theo could become the best LB in the world.

This is what Maldini said to Kalulu, our CB wonderboy, who had yet to make a single professional appearance: "For the first six months I want you to watch and learn. You’re in the country where defending is king. Memorise all you can. Sooner or later, your chance will come."

Maldini is obviously going to have some pull with defenders, as these kids, who probably never watched Maldini play, all admire him. Milan fans are widely of the belief that Maldini is like Billy Beane (from the movie Moneyball) and is a shadow coach for our defenders. Now, that doesn't seem to actually be the case, and Pioli (our manager) seems to be the real deal, but that's the perception of Maldini and that has to play into Botman's choice.

I think Newcastle is still in the early stages of your build, but I think you guys need need need to have Shearer as part of your executive team. The fact that Roma didn't keep Totti around is absolute insanity to me. There is a huge value to having players be part of your recruitment. There are players who are going to go for money, and they should, they are playing a game where their careers can end in an instant. But, I also think with the massive competition for players, you need to be selling more than "hey, we're a big club, we will pay you good money, come here." The sorts of personalities that you're going for are strong ones.

Paqueta did not shy away from go against our former manager when he insulted Brazil. Paqueta has backbone. You want players who think more than one step ahead, and there's no doubt that Maldini is crucial to our recruitment. He sold Tomori on leaving Chelsea, when right now, he'd be their starting CB, without question. Tomori has learned Italian and has impressed Italy with how fast it took him to give an interview in Italian. They love him here.

So, for me, Shearer has to be there. Our players have talked about how getting a call from Maldini makes things really different. Shearer can be that for you, and why he isn't, I'm unsure, but, I think that selling players onto the goal, the framework, that you're playing for a club, not just some sports franchise, is what makes the difference. Newcastle represents more than just the stripes on the shirt, St. James is more than a stadium, the fans are people who will fight for you as long as you fight for them, even if you lose. It's an easy sell. It's easier when it's Shearer, and for us, we have Maldini and Baresi making those pitches. That's the difference, I think.

It’s a great point on Shearer, would be interesting to know if the owners have considered this.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

It seems Italy has been developing young players from all over the world in recent years and for a club of Milan’s size to give younger players a chance is really good, because in England it’s still hard for young players to play for the bigger sides. Your young English CB for example. 

Guest HTT II

Shearer would be massive to guarantee our academy prospects don’t go anywhere else or to keep signing on. I’d like him involved at the club in some capacity other than coaching, maybe an ambassador role?

Edited by HTT II

Please please alleviate my boredom! Write things that interest me! Don’t write things that I find bland and uninteresting - I demand entertainment! I must have satisfaction!