Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Guys, we literally have a thread for sports washing can we keep this one on topic and move this talk to the relevant thread?

Now you’re just thread washing.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If you’re referring to me, how have I or am I sportswashed?

Just having a laugh- should have added I wasn’t  serious, my genuine apologies 

Edited by Gawalls

Every time I see ‘sports washing doesn’t exist’ or something similar I think of ‘advertising doesn’t work, who sees an advert for a washing machine and immediately goes to buy a washing machine!?’ 

It’s more or less the same argument.

There's another factor to Lille's current stance: they are (or rather: were) under investigation by the DNCG, which regulates the finances in French football. Lille's accounts were under investigation and they just got cleared, so they are now able to actually makes moves in the transfer market. This is probably the most likely reason there hasn't been movement by Lille.

The article, in Italian, is here.

This is no small issue, as the DNCG just relegated Bordeaux, an important club in France, from the 2nd division to the 3rd division as a result of their finances.

This was an under-reported element in both Italian and English press with their various theories (including my own) as to why there wasn't more movement on the part of Lille.

Edited by Milanista

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Every time I see ‘sports washing doesn’t exist’ or something similar I think of ‘advertising doesn’t work, who sees an advert for a washing machine and immediately goes to buy a washing machine!?’ 

But I do know they live longer with calgon

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

It does exist, but it’s mostly by others and not the so called sportswashing states. Again I very very highly doubt PIF bought us to make some random people forget about their human rights abuses knowing that it won’t effect their ability to trade with the US and U.K. or buy into major industries, companies and promote themselves as successful people.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I do hope them owning NUFC and the whole golf thing will keep being questioned RE their human rights abuses. My issue is that the people who question them do so using us fans and our club as an excuse to do so, based on personal agendas. It’s the mackem faux outrage I can’t stand.

If you want to make a stand don’t just use NUFC or Golf, target your own government who deal with them, and go after all abuses of human rights which our own country is as bad as any, but it gets dressed up because gay people can get married despite underneath the cloth are persecuted massively. Or we welcome foreigners yet underneath the veil we send them to Africa or that we provide free heath care yet our taxes to pay for that go towards Boris’ wallpaper and paying off a victim of a nonce Prince and so on and so on.

Ouch, Van Gaal has just namechecked Botman as a player he doesn't think is ready for the (main) national team, although he did clarify he thinks there are too many options he considers to be better. I think Botman will need to move to a bigger league and prove his worth, or hope that Koeman sees things differently.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Ouch, Van Gaal has just namechecked Botman as a player he doesn't think is ready for the (main) national team, although he did clarify he thinks there are too many options he considers to be better. I think Botman will need to move to a bigger league and prove his worth, or hope that Koeman sees things differently.

Slightly worrying that a 30 year old Bruno Martins Indi is considered as a better option :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

A bit of coaching from Eddie and the team, he'll be laughing.

Engage bullshit radar (especially given source)…

“Sven Botman has once again rejected the advances of Newcastle United as he has his heart set on a move to AC Milan, a report claims.

This morning’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (via MilanNews) makes the stance of the parties very clear. Both Milan and Newcastle strongly want Botman but they player only wants the Rossoneri, while Lille are instead pushing to make him accept the proposal of the Premier League club.”

https://sempremilan.com/botman-rejects-newcastle-united-lille-milan

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not just us at least. La Gazzetta dello Sport claim that Charles De Ketelaere is absolutely gagging to join Milan and the thought of joining Leicester makes him violently ill.

Genuinely LOLed at this [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, the next article will be that Botman has taken out a restraining order against us 

Mandy and Mehrdad spotted rummaging through Sven’s black bin bags and recycling @ Casa Del Botman.

It's a very confused article. Wilson says we've agreed the structure of a deal with Lille, but that's not a full agreement. So at this stage Botman's preference is totally irrelevant, he doesn't have a decision to make until a club has a full agreement with Lille.

Edited by The Prophet

There is a difference between convincing players and almost begging them. If the issue is Botman does not want to come as opposed to Lille trying to get a little bit more, I hope we move onto the next target.

1 minute ago, Mansour said:

There is a difference between convincing players and almost begging them. If the issue is Botman does not want to come as opposed to Lille trying to get a little bit more, I hope we move onto the next target.

And I’m sure the owners and manager will be of the same opinion also, hence why if we’re still trying to progress the deal, that won’t be the current circumstance.