Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Chronicle's taken it https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-sven-botman-ac-milan-24359942?kj=

“Ultimately, Newcastle United’s great project, in combination with playing in the Premier League, was the deciding factor," he told De Telegraaf. “That last one has been a dream my whole life. AC Milan also gave me a good feeling, but Newcastle United felt just a little better in the end.

"I really wanted to go to Newcastle United in January, because I also heard, and that’s a cliché, I know, that a train like this doesn’t pass by very often. But the clubs couldn’t figure it out.

“And afterwards this might be better, because I can now experience a lot of preparation and I was able to say goodbye to Lille in a beautiful way. That club deserved it. Staying wasn’t a punishment for me in January either, because I knew there were two great Champions League games against Chelsea coming up."

34 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Chronicle's taken it https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-sven-botman-ac-milan-24359942?kj=

“Ultimately, Newcastle United’s great project, in combination with playing in the Premier League, was the deciding factor," he told De Telegraaf. “That last one has been a dream my whole life. AC Milan also gave me a good feeling, but Newcastle United felt just a little better in the end.

"I really wanted to go to Newcastle United in January, because I also heard, and that’s a cliché, I know, that a train like this doesn’t pass by very often. But the clubs couldn’t figure it out.

“And afterwards this might be better, because I can now experience a lot of preparation and I was able to say goodbye to Lille in a beautiful way. That club deserved it. Staying wasn’t a punishment for me in January either, because I knew there were two great Champions League games against Chelsea coming up."

Saying all the right things. Think he'll be a star.

I'm genuinely surprised that we managed to sign him especially with AC Milan showing interest. Last year Brentford were beating us to the signing of Ajer who was one of our main transfer targets. Now if we can bring in a striker or right winger, I'd consider this window as a success :celb:

18 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I'm genuinely surprised that we managed to sign him especially with AC Milan showing interest. Last year Brentford were beating us to the signing of Ajer who was one of our main transfer targets. Now if we can bring in a striker or right winger, I'd consider this window as a success :celb:

Last year we couldn't afford (well, the bellend owner wouldn't sanction it!) a loan deal for a Leicester reserve!

24 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I'm genuinely surprised that we managed to sign him especially with AC Milan showing interest. Last year Brentford were beating us to the signing of Ajer who was one of our main transfer targets. 

It will take a while to mentally adjust to the new reality.

Joyously though, we will all have to do so - sooner rather than later !!!!

9 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Italian press meltdown incoming 

We are more concerned with Maldini extending with our new ownership or not. Botman was not seen as a priority among most Milan fans--the Tomori-Kalulu CB partnership was a frankly frightening combination.

Botman needs time, I hope you give it to him. I also hope you buy Paqueta. Mostly for the sell-on clause, but also because he'd actually suit what Howe wants and I think he's a good kid, he deserves to be in a place that gets the most out of him.

Edited by Milanista

4 minutes ago, Milanista said:

We are more concerned with Maldini extending with our new ownership or not. Botman was not seen as a priority among most Milan fans--the Tomori-Kalulu CB partnership was a frankly frightening combination.

Botman needs time, I hope you give it to him. I also hope you buy Paqueta. Mostly for the sell-on clause, but also because he'd actually suit what Howe wants and I think he's a good kid, he deserves to be in a place that gets the most out of him.

Why do you think it didn’t work out at Milan for him out of interest?

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

Why do you think it didn’t work out at Milan for him out of interest?

I wrote a long diatribe on him here.

After that post, I saw some more of Howe's tactics, and I wrote an addendum of sorts somewhere here, where I think Paqueta would actually work as Howe likes to have one of your CMs turn into a CAM as your 433 morphs into a 4231, which is what suits Paqueta the best.

1 hour ago, Milanista said:

I wrote a long diatribe on him here.

After that post, I saw some more of Howe's tactics, and I wrote an addendum of sorts somewhere here, where I think Paqueta would actually work as Howe likes to have one of your CMs turn into a CAM as your 433 morphs into a 4231, which is what suits Paqueta the best.

I can't handle this Paqueta talk, I don't have enough underwear.

I know the whole Bruno buddies is cool and all, but Jesus christ the link up play at Lyon, insane. Would be so much fun to watch week in week out and thats what we love attacking entertaining football, and with a solid DM covering him and Bruno we would be in for a treat!

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

I can't handle this Paqueta talk, I don't have enough underwear.

I know the whole Bruno buddies is cool and all, but Jesus christ the link up play at Lyon, insane. Would be so much fun to watch week in week out and thats what we love attacking entertaining football, and with a solid DM covering him and Bruno we would be in for a treat!

He's a hard worker, fast, strong, gets stuck in--he's a great player. He should have done well at Milan, but we have this superkid named Yacine Adli and apparently we're going after De Ketelaere, though I'm a bigger fan of Adli.

Maldini has re-signed with Milan, so that Italian arrogance from our press will be... overwhelming.

41 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’s in Spain on holiday. Guessing we did some photo shoots when he was here earlier in the week, like.

I thought training starts today?