Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

He’s an elite CB. It’s clear as day to me. 

I mean this as a complement, but nowadays, you don't often notice him, which is what good defenders do, he's not often having to do last ditch tackles, he's not making calamitous errors, he's just always in the right position to intercept the ball, or to ease a player off a ball. 

Just now, 54 said:

I mean this as a complement, but nowadays, you don't often notice him, which is what good defenders do, he's not often having to do last ditch tackles, he's not making calamitous errors, he's just always in the right position to intercept the ball, or to ease a player off a ball. 

Exactly this, we are ragged without him 

29 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Mate 100%. 

the way he’s covering passing lanes, bullying attackers, you’re not even trying. 

for the American football fans here this is like Peak Darrell Revis covering half a field. 

Botman Island :lol: 

Him and Schar work so well together. Just dovetail perfectly and both calm as you like on the ball. 

They had two pacey, awkward strikers on and then brought and even more rapid one on. They didn’t really cause problems bar a couple of chances at the start. When the whole team was dysfunctional. 

It really showed how much we missed him against Brighton. Burn looks so much better playing alongside him rather than replacing him.

Our season could depend on how much he can stay fit and injury free as I'd now say his position is the weakest replacement out on the first 11. Last season it was Trippier but we now have Tino there.

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Unbelievably good, only seen Woodgate completely transform a back 4 in the same way for us. 

Was going to mention something similar, but I think it doesn't give Schar the credit as they seem to compliment each other really well. 

4 minutes ago, CPL said:

Was going to mention something similar, but I think it doesn't give Schar the credit as they seem to compliment each other really well. 

Agreed, I don't mean to discredit Schar at all because he's been class as well, and is miles better than anyone Woodgate had to play next to. 

1 minute ago, M1tche said:

Agreed, I don't mean to discredit Schar at all because he's been class as well, and is miles better than anyone Woodgate had to play next to. 

Erm woodgate played alongside the mighty Titus, still have nightmares about that time he wiped him out ha

On 16/09/2023 at 20:19, 54 said:

On 17/09/2023 at 12:32, CPL said:

You two would be even better wordsmiths if merged together.