Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 hour ago, ToonScotman said:

I find it very strange that it is being said he doesn’t want to join us, especially when he was literally buzzing to sign for us before in January liking photos etc talking about us and wanting to join. I’m pretty sure he’d have spoken to the club in January and both parties were happy or we wouldn’t be back in for him. Same goes for Ekitike there was obviously conversations between the 2 parties and on the player side said he’d be ready to join in the summer or we wouldn’t have went back in.

He might just be a narcissist who enjoys being courted. All the posts raised his profile, why wouldn't he like them?

7 hours ago, AJ9 said:

I mean maybe I’m daft but I’m thinking champions league, historical European powerhouse, living in Italy, genuine football legends around the place, winning trophies and generally better weather are all massive ticks. I get what you mean about the role and the project but I still don’t think that unless you’re a Newcastle fan you pick here over Milan ffs

We have the best greggs, North Shields, the big market and the metro for getting about in.

4 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

If Milan don't make an offer then it's not really a choice.

And are you happy with a player choosing us because “it wasn’t my choice”?

bruno, trippier, burns and targets attitudes has been second to none because they wanted, believed and fought every inch they could and I’ve come to love that about us now.

I’m kind of wanting that to be an essential for us now.

Edited by Gawalls

13 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

And are you happy with a player choosing us because “it wasn’t my choice”?

bruno, trippier, burns and targets attitudes has been second to none because they wanted, believed and fought every inch they could and I’ve come to love that about us now.

I’m kind of wanting that to be an essential for us now.

We’re now in the market for players who will be wanted by the elite clubs. We’re not going to be everyone’s first choice that we’re after but that doesn’t mean they’ll be like Owen for example. Botman has even said himself he sees us as a good option so I’ve no doubt if he does come, he’ll give his all.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We’re now in the market for players who will be wanted by the elite clubs. We’re not going to be everyone’s first choice that we’re after but that doesn’t mean they’ll be like Owen for example. Botman has even said himself he sees us as a good option so I’ve no doubt if he does coke, he’ll give his all.

If we sign him, it will show others we are not to be sniffed at!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

I used to love watching Serie A in the 90s, AC had some team, my soft spot was for Parma and Sampdoria however. 

14 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

So we're second choice... so what.

We wouldn't have been the 100th choice a year ago.. 

are we genuinely second choice for him or are we second choice because only two bids have been accepted?

All I’m saying is I’d like us to keep that same burning desire and spirit we currently have.

Don’t understand why people are taking it as gospel that he doesn’t want to sign for us. If that was the case, I don’t believe for one minute we would be wasting our time trying to get the deal done.

Same with Ekitike. 

9 hours ago, Reblancks said:

Hello everybody. Please don't kill me, I'm Italian and a fan of A.C Milan, I signed up for fun and without trolling or making fun of anyone.

I just wanted to write that the Italian newspapers write that the player only wants Milan just for his interview with ESPN NL, which seems to me really explicit, but everyone can think as they want.
Regarding the player, I think that every Milan fan has got tired of this saga that has been going on for almost 1 year. 

Furthermore, if you want serious and true news on the Italian transfer market, I recommend Gianluca Di Marzio, Alfredo Pedullà or just for Milan Carlo Pelleggatti. all the others say bullshit or report news of these two, as always in this period.

How do you think Botman would fit in at Milan, as it seems Tiomori and Kalulu have the centre back spots nailed down, would you play a back three? Or is it just for squad competition and fighting on more fronts?

28 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t understand why people are taking it as gospel that he doesn’t want to sign for us. If that was the case, I don’t believe for one minute we would be wasting our time trying to get the deal done.

Same with Ekitike. 

I started my original comment with “if he came to us because it wasn’t his choice”

NUFC not being his first preference doesn’t mean he wouldn’t play his best and be professional if he was here.  Given the choice, of course most would sign for Milan - if not all.  Hardly a black mark against him if he’s hoping for the bigger move.  Yes, we’ll need to move on if he won’t sign - but the fact we’re still in it (apparently) suggests that isn’t the case.

37 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

are we genuinely second choice for him or are we second choice because only two bids have been accepted?

All I’m saying is I’d like us to keep that same burning desire and spirit we currently have.

And if Lyon had bids accepted from Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, would we have still been Bruno's first choice? Probably not.

It's daft to have the attitude that if we aren't someone's first choice, we don't want them, or that they won't have "desire and spirit". Its not an all or nothing thing.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

And if Lyon had bids accepted from Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, would we have still been Bruno's first choice? Probably not.

It's daft to have the attitude that if we aren't someone's first choice, we don't want them, or that they won't have "desire and spirit". Its not an all or nothing thing.

He could have gone to Arsenal, but he said no fuck that 

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

NUFC not being his first preference doesn’t mean he wouldn’t play his best and be professional if he was here.  Given the choice, of course most would sign for Milan - if not all.  Hardly a black mark against him if he’s hoping for the bigger move.  Yes, we’ll need to move on if he won’t sign - but the fact we’re still in it (apparently) suggests that isn’t the case.

If he did come and was looking for a bigger move that would also be a good thing, far too many in our squad just looking to get paid and have a nice house.