Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Maldini: if I make a sliding tackle then I have already done something wrong before” 

Or similar. I like that quote. Nothing against Botman this, before people start blabbing their lips. 

It sounds good, but Maldini liked a slide tackle too, in fact he was one of the best at it. 

20 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Botman. Ah-aaaah!

Fighter of the Night Man.

If we could genuinely get this started I would die a happy man.

Would be amazing to have "you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone" bellowed out.

Edited by David Edgar

I think what we’re meaning is that it’s best not to slide tackle. It’s an all or nothing challenge and as a forward I’d tempt defenders into a slide tackle confident that I’d skip passed them. The clip could just be bundling a load of eye catching tackles together as opposed to his general game. Hope so anyway.

BREMER IMPORTANT FOR MILAN AS NEWCASTLE PUSH FOR BOTMAN

Milan are reportedly increasing their interest in Gleison Bremer as Newcastle United look to secure Sven Botman with their lucrative offer.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the Lille centre back for a number of months now and they’ve been aware of the competition, but now things are looking significantly tougher as Newcastle have sent in an offer worth over €30m for Botman, leaving Milan in a difficult spot.

As reported by MilanNews.it, Milan do not want to be caught empty handed and so they’ve started exploring the possibility of signing Bremer from Torino. The Brazilian had a great season and has been linked with a move to Inter for some time now.

Bremer would cost around €25m, cheaper than Botman, who may be convinced by the super-offer from Newcastle.

The Rossoneri may also decided to place their trust in the Tomori-Kalulu duo, allowing them to reinvest these funds elsewhere.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Also a sliding tackle could also be making up for someone else's error or good play by the attacker. Just as likely is a highlights vid of Woodgate style nudging onto possession  wouldn't get many views.

It coulfd just be him saying he makes mistakes like any other player. Not sure if it's a direct response to a question about his ability in the slide tackle. Fans love it, the pundits love it, but a pro defender will be disappointed in themselves if it leads to that.

Another source (one of the most reliable ones when it comes to Milan):

Pending #Botman and the final choice (Newcastle strongly pressing against Lille, the Rossoneri are still trying), the candidacy of #Bremer for #Milan dates back. Already in January they were the two most welcome power plants: plan A and B for defense. (by Google Translate)

Guest HTT II

I don’t like defenders having to slide tackle all the time, he will get cards galore here and be beaten for pace easily.

If we are his 2nd choice (and you can't blame him as he's not a NUFC fans and the Italian Champions want him!) then I'm not arsed at all!

If I was Michelle Keegan's 135,840,039th million choice then I'd still gladly shag her!

1 minute ago, Paully said:

If we are his 2nd choice (and you can't blame him as he's not a NUFC fans and the Italian Champions want him!) then I'm not arsed at all!

If I was Michelle Keegan's 135,840,039th million choice then I'd still gladly shag her!

probably need to pay the £30m fee too

Another day goes by and he still hasn't signed? If he wanted to be here, he'd pay the transfer fee himself. I only want players who'll run through an actual brick wall to sign for us.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Another day goes by and he still hasn't signed? If he wanted to be here, he'd pay the transfer fee himself. I only want players who'll the to run through an actual brick wall to sign for us.

Why should he pay the transfer fee? Shouldnt Rafa be doing that?

Saw this in yet another speculative article about Botman not being keen:

”AC Milan are also reported to be keen on the 22-year-old Dutch central defender who is apparently better than Liverpool and Netherlands international star Virgil van Dijk.”

I mean, come on. On the basis of what? ? 

The rest of the shite journalism available here: 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/10/35m-player-not-convinced-by-newcastle-arsenal-and-tottenham-want-him/