Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

I thought they had topic titles for a reason, or have the rules changed?

Of course technically you're right that this isn't the "correct" thread for this chat. But would you have felt as aggrieved about the temporary derailment if it were on any other topic than the Saudi ownership? 

I'm sure there's been other things discussed in here already, after all we're on P86, so correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall you popping up then and attemtping to moderate the thread. Or in any other threads where the discussion wanders occasionally, which happens daily. 

Why is this topic, and seemingly this topic only, so bothersome to you?

10 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Of course technically you're right that this isn't the "correct" thread for this chat. But would you have felt as aggrieved about the temporary derailment if it were on any other topic than the Saudi ownership? 

I'm sure there's been other things discussed in here already, after all we're on P86, so correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall you popping up then and attemtping to moderate the thread. Or in any other threads where the discussion wanders occasionally, which happens daily. 

Why is this topic, and seemingly this topic only, so bothersome to you?

Fuck me you really are a sanctimonious berk!

58 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

Fuck me you really are a sanctimonious berk!

That's laughable. You're the one who's appointed himself moderator, though seemingly only very specifically of Saudi-related chat.

I'm just asking why, yet *I'm* the sanctimonious one? Ok....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/13/newcastle-issue-take-leave-ultimatum-sven-botman-transfer/

Newcastle United are ready to walk away from a deal to sign centre-back Sven Botman from Lille after the French club changed their mind about accepting a £30m bid and raised the asking price to £36m.

That is likely to prompt a take it or leave it ultimatum from Newcastle this week before they move on to other targets.

That stance has already all but ended the Magpies pursuit of Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin after they were quoted an asking price of £60m for the England international.

It also brought a swift conclusion to their interest in Brentford’s Ivan Toney, who would have cost upwards of £50m. Neither move will happen unless those prices come down.

The same is true of Leeds United winger Jack Harrison, with Newcastle not willing to match his £30m asking price at this stage in the window.

The Magpies have always been wary of making a third bid for Botman, as they found Lille were also difficult to deal with in January, when they had two bids rejected.

But having been encouraged to bid again for the Netherlands Under-21 international, Newcastle thought a deal was close to being agreed only for the goalposts to be shifted once more.

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/13/newcastle-issue-take-leave-ultimatum-sven-botman-transfer/

Newcastle United are ready to walk away from a deal to sign centre-back Sven Botman from Lille after the French club changed their mind about accepting a £30m bid and raised the asking price to £36m.

That is likely to prompt a take it or leave it ultimatum from Newcastle this week before they move on to other targets.

That stance has already all but ended the Magpies pursuit of Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin after they were quoted an asking price of £60m for the England international.

It also brought a swift conclusion to their interest in Brentford’s Ivan Toney, who would have cost upwards of £50m. Neither move will happen unless those prices come down.

The same is true of Leeds United winger Jack Harrison, with Newcastle not willing to match his £30m asking price at this stage in the window.

The Magpies have always been wary of making a third bid for Botman, as they found Lille were also difficult to deal with in January, when they had two bids rejected.

But having been encouraged to bid again for the Netherlands Under-21 international, Newcastle thought a deal was close to being agreed only for the goalposts to be shifted once more.

One thing is for sure he won't be getting any information from the owners, so can't see which other source he would have, to get that privy information. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That's laughable. You're the one who's appointed himself moder

I'm just asking why, yet *I'm* the sanctimonious one? Ok....

What?  You mean quesioning why a subject not relating to the title of the thread is being discussed so much? Also how have you extrapolated that i have only chosen the  Saudia Arabia topic to be aggrieved about from the two things i asked? There weren't any other subjects brought into the conversation ? Not all of us follow the threads that closely! 

The Italian press claim we've bid €55 million.

The Northern Echo amongst others claim we've had a £32 million bid accepted. 

Luke claims we won't go above £30 million (probably because it fits his restricted budget narrative).

It's almost like none of them have a fucking clue what's going on.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I don't think it's fair to dismiss him because he's giving us negative news

It is when he talks shit most of the time and as I said he will get fuck all information off the owners after the way he has slagged them off. 

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Italian press claim we've bid €55 million.

The Northern Echo amongst others claim we've had a £32 million bid accepted. 

Luke claims we won't go above £30 million (probably because it fits his restricted budget narrative).

It's almost like none of them have a fucking clue what's going on.

On this one it really does seem like everyone is guessing