Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Not really seen enough of him other than clips.  But as someone else alluded to, his kind of clumsy style when slide tackling and lack of pace might be an issue going forward under Howe, no? 

We've gone from basically camping on the edge of our box all game, to already pushing higher up the pitch under Howe.  But I am guessing he'd want us even further up and be able to close the gap between the defence and midfield.  Which under Bruce, was absolutely massive and has been a few times of late, as well.  Although in fairness, that has usually been on the counter when we have been caught in possession.  Hard for the players when they haven't been coached to attack for 2 and a bit years and we're chucking men forward, desperate for some points. 

He seems like a great potential signing and better than what we have.  His height and being a left footer makes it more exciting.  

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not really seen enough of him other than clips.  But as someone else alluded to, his kind of clumsy style when slide tackling and lack of pace might be an issue going forward under Howe, no? 

We've gone from basically camping on the edge of our box all game, to already pushing higher up the pitch under Howe.  But I am guessing he'd want us even further up and be able to close the gap between the defence and midfield.  Which under Bruce, was absolutely massive and has been a few times of late, as well.  Although in fairness, that has usually been on the counter when we have been caught in possession.  Hard for the players when they haven't been coached to attack for 2 and a bit years and we're chucking men forward, desperate for some points. 

He seems like a great potential signing and better than what we have.  His height and being a left footer makes it more exciting.  

He's one of Europe's most highly regarded young centre-backs. Surely there's a reason for that? Like you, I've not really seen enough of him, but both Man United and Liverpool were linked with him last year so that must mean something.

“He’s a defender, and by that I mean he likes to defend; he likes to play simple, he’s strong, he’s tall, he wins his duels, he doesn’t overcomplicate the game, he’s good on the ball, left-footed.

“He’s been doing extremely well since he arrived so yeah, no wonder there’s interest in him. It doesn’t surprise me [the links to Liverpool], not at all.

“If you analyse his performances this year, especially against the top teams we’ve played, you can be sure he can play at the highest level.

“He just needs to keep going, keep improving, keep adding experience to his arsenal and I’m sure he’ll have a great career, he’s been doing really, really well.

“His personality, his character, he is quiet but he understands the game and he wants to learn. He’s one of the first to arrive at the training ground, he’s a good professional, he likes to do his work and he’s hungry.

Just now, Shearergol said:

He's one of Europe's most highly regarded young centre-backs. Surely there's a reason for that? Like you, I've not really seen enough of him, but both Man United and Liverpool were linked with him last year so that must mean something.

I think too much was made of Howe's 'bad' signings at Bournemouth.  If he is keen on him and it seems like he is our number 1 centre back target.  Then I trust the experts much more than my 10 minutes of Dennis Wise scouting :lol:

Maybe I just sub-consciously want Diego Carlos from Sevilla as he's such a mentalist :lol:   

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think too much was made of Howe's 'bad' signings at Bournemouth.  If he is keen on him and it seems like he is our number 1 centre back target.  Then I trust the experts much more than my 10 minutes of Dennis Wise scouting :lol:

Maybe I just sub-consciously want Diego Carlos from Sevilla as he's such a mentalist :lol:   

I want them both. The quiet left footer and the mentalist right footer.

Just now, Shearergol said:

If we sign both, I think we are talking a different level of ambition from our new owners. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

If we sign both, I think we are talking a different level of ambition from our new owners. :lol:

The ambition where they’ve already stated they wanted to win the league in 5-10 years time? 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

that would secure the back. Yikes. Would that be worth 80M? Probably to be fair. They wouldn’t be one year players at all obviously. 

Just now, Manxst said:

The ambition where they’ve already stated they wanted to win the league in 5-10 years time? 

Yeah but, in one January.... here, I'm not complaining.

24 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Botman seems a no brainer even for a big fee. He's 21 and exactly what we need for the future. Really hoping this happens rather than half measures like Diop. Buy cheap buy twice.

I’m happy with Diop as a temporary measure and if we climb up the table as is the plan, becoming a more attractive proposition we can get Botman’s partner from the tier above.

Edited by Sima