Sven Botman

The Prophet

48 minutes ago, NWMag said:

£30 million is not a lot in this day and age in my opinion. 

£20 million even 2/3 years ago only gets you a Miggy Almiron, a Rhian Brewster & a Dom Solanke

You wouldn't get Solanke for that, he's a smart lad.  Between him and his agent the negotiations would be murder as they're on to every trick in the book.  It's pretty hard to con dom.

27 minutes ago, loki679 said:

You wouldn't get Solanke for that, he's a smart lad.  Between him and his agent the negotiations would be murder as they're on to every trick in the book.  It's pretty hard to con dom.

I was referring to his £19 million move from Liverpool to Bournemouth in Jan 2019

We really need to get past this notion that 10m is a lot for a transfer now

Years of neglect have got us stuck in the mindset that 20M is a lot. When in reality that wouldn't even buy the best striker in the championship now

Suppose it depends on how patient we're willing to be and how much we want him ahead of the alternatives. If the player wants to come and we're not willing to blink first, then it could be one that goes late into the window. They'll fold, they always do.

Not too worried by this one. Sounds like we are calling their bluff. Expect we have or are going in with a final offer but are quite happy to move on to another target. I think they will blink first but if they don't I am pretty confident we will pick up someone just as good and maybe even return for him in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

I noticed Luke never has a bad thing to say about Mad Dog Hopey 

Well known fact that Hope is in total control of all things NUFC and Douglas, Edwards, Waugh et all are vastly Inferior. There's nothing they can do about it, they can only accept it. 

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Hope we go for Diego Carlos over this guy, and also Umtiti.

Would be better. 

Most people seem down on Umtiti. I don't watch Barca. Is he over the hill? He is only 28 isn't he. Should be coming to his best years as a CB. 

He has apparently turned down a bunch of clubs including fenerbache as he wants to move to a CL club fighting for titles. 

Edited by toontownman

12 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Hope we go for Diego Carlos over this guy, and also Umtiti.

Would be better. 

Think that guy could be a disaster in the premier league. Red cards, penalties a plenty.

Think Botman is the one, has experience but still so young.

Also I’ve seen people putting him into those team selections as a right sided central defender.. he is left footed. Schär is the one to partner him if this were to happen. Then Krafth, Fede and then Lascelles or Clark but I guess people will be leaving so unlikely to work out that way.

Schär needs a new deal I’d he doesn’t get it he’ll be away. They’ll probably let Fede go and keep Lascelles but Clark has used up all his chances, loaned to the championship perhaps.

9 hours ago, Ben said:

I noticed Luke never has a bad thing to say about Mad Dog Hopey 

He definitely aimed sly tweets at him whenever Hope laid into Bruce but never had the guts to actually tag him in any of it.