More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

It’s been our best window in like 10 years and people still complain lol. God help out board 

That’s because we should have the resources and time to ensure we’re not relegated. “Not as bad as Ashley” isn’t exactly a huge positive is it.

It was absolutely critical that we signed a FB, a CB, a CM and a CF and we've done all of that. We're a good attacking player away from being nearly certain of survival so it's pretty good going. Hopefully the gaps left by failing to sign Lingard/Ekitike will be filled by good coaching and positive tactical choices. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Does seem a bit odd to give up with just under 5 hours left like. Unless they've exhausted the list of players they think will improve us. 

There has to be some players out there that will improve us. We can’t rely on injury prone Wilson, ASM and Wood to fire the goals in that are needed. Hopefully the new defenders can help us let in less than we score then.

Certainly a disappointing day if that is indeed us done. Woke up with 2 fresh signings looking likely, ended up with one of those falling through, and nothing additional. I was WFH today (and had SSN in the background pretty much all day), but feel sorry for anyone who specifically took the day off work for 'Deadline Day' [emoji38]

Overall I'd say a 6 or 7 out of 10. 2 signings that should really have been signing for clubs further forward at the moment, and 3 others with vast PL experience, mostly covering positions we needed, and probably all improvements on what we have, if not spectacular. 

One more attacking signing and it would have been a solid 8, but I guess you can't fault the effort of the owners, and they have invested ca. £90m.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

“They’ve gone for experience, character and fight” is right out of a PFM handbook like :lol: 

Really worry about what we’ve done. For what we’ve spent, I only see Trippier and Bruno as improvements.

Everyone we've signed is an improvement on our squad like, some massively some by a small amount, but we're in a much better position to where we we're a month ago.

You can’t chloroform the fuckers and drive them up in the boot of a car!
If they don’t want to come then so be it. Hopefully in a couple of seasons they’ll wish they had. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It was absolutely critical that we signed a FB, a CB, a CM and a CF and we've done all of that. We're a good attacking player away from being nearly certain of survival so it's pretty good going. Hopefully the gaps left by failing to sign Lingard/Ekitike will be filled by good coaching and positive tactical choices. 

Perfectly put, I really don't get some of the negativity, its been a good window, especially by Newcastle standard, if we'd got Lingard in it'd have been excellent. 

Just now, 54 said:

Perfectly put, I really don't get some of the negativity, its been a good window, especially by Newcastle standard, if we'd got Lingard in it'd have been excellent. 

I reckon it’s the knowledge that we have one creative player capable of scoring and he seems to get injured every single game. That’s the reason for the negativity I reckon.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Everyone we've signed is an improvement on our squad like, some massively some by a small amount, but we're in a much better position to where we we're a month ago.

Targett improves nothing, we have options just as good as him already at the club.

Burn may be an improvement on Clark, but won’t improve the starting 11. He’d be possibly 4th choice for me behind Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez.

I won’t go into Wood discussion again.