More transfer rumours

midds

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I know it's not what people wana here, but, Wood isn't the only striker, we still have Dwight Gayle, he could be useful now we are stronger elsewhere. 

Gayle is finished, like 

Not that he ever excelled as a top level striker mind

Feel abit deflated we didn't get another attacking player but only because we had 2 today that both looked very likely but overall very pleased. Considering the last 14 years and the effort the club has taken to get the best they can I'm pleased. Yes it still going to be a fight to stay up but we are definitely in a better position now. So much more confidence now for the future and if we stay up just think of the next few windows and finally having a team to be really proud off. 

Pretty gutted we haven't added another attacking piece. We really needed another. 

A solid 7/10 window. No right to have got Bruno and Tripps. The other 3 are solid additions. 

Time for Fraser, Almiron and willock to step up. Hopefully Wilson is back sooner than expected and stays fit.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Gayle is finished, like 

Not that he ever excelled as a top level striker mind

I agree, but until Wilson is fit, he's an option other than Wood. 

I only dragged his name up because someone was saying Wood is our only striker right now [emoji38]

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I agree, but until Wilson is fit, he's an option other than Wood. 

I only dragged his name up because someone was saying Wood is our only striker right now[emoji38]

You have my backing on this one, with Maximo and Bruno hopefully linking up well - I can see him get chances.

i know I’ll get jumped on but I stand by my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t get this point of view. You judge each situation on it’s own merits.

I don’t constantly judge and assess my current partner based on my ex. Equally, I wouldn’t put up with my job being crap if my previous one was even shitter.

Aye, if we still had Ashley it’s incomprehensible how bleak the current season would be. But we don’t have Ashley, had a balance of £100m+ to play with and it’s okay to step back and say “maybe we could have spent that a bit better in some places, or made that deal sooner, or did this rather than that”.

Hopefully it’s enough. Really excited by the potential of the summer though.

Nah that’s a fair point. It’s more the attitude of certain people on Twitter that’s irked me. We have to realise the situation we’re in. Certain clubs had no intention to sell to us. Some players wouldn’t come due to our current circumstance and obviously due to ffp we don’t have a blank cheque book to spend whatever we want.

Edited by Likelylad

Hopefully with a better midfield now we change tact from lumping it up to a focal point with Wood's back to goal and get him facing the right way to get on the end of some of Brunos insane visionary passes. We could see more of Wood yet with better support just behind him.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Looks that way. He hasn’t ever been close to a start, for as long as I can remember. 

Actually thinking about it,if Wood was out while Wilson is also out, I could probably see them turning to ASM to play striker.

Huge mistake not signing a winger and another striker. Trippier and Guimaraes are very good players, but they don't score goals. The club is not in the middle of the table, goals are needed as much as clean sheets. 5/10 is my vote for this transfer window.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Pretty gutted we haven't added another attacking piece. We really needed another. 

A solid 7/10 window. No right to have got Bruno and Tripps. The other 3 are solid additions. 

Time for Fraser, Almiron and willock to step up. Hopefully Wilson is back sooner than expected and stays fit.

Personally, For the signings:

Trippier: 9/10 - other than him being 31 a great signing. CL ready.

Wood: 5/10 - expensive and wrong side of 30. He's someone we need though and there weren't many options. Weghorst is obviously a better striker but apparently has attitude issues too - still annoyed Burnley got him because Weghorst will get 5-10 goals I recon

Guimaraes: 10/10 - marquee signing, ticks all the right boxes, good age and CL ready, 

Burn: 7/10 - solid CB. Could be an aerial threat but suprising doesn't score much (2 in last 4 seasons with Brighton). Left footed and can play ball out so good short term option/ squad player. Newcastle fan is a plus

Targett: 8/10 - quality EPL LB. Good supply and as good as we could hope for. Not quite CL ready hence lower rating than Trippier and Guimaraes but could be a massive coup for us.

Overall

7.5/10 window for me.

-1 for no marquee CB e.g. Botman, Carlos etc

-1 for no reliable goal scorer e.g. Zapata

-0.5 No extra attack loaned e.g. Lingard, Alli etc

However, I will give PIF and co 10/10 for effort and 10/10 compared to previous regime. Pre PIF I would bite your hand off at this, being a little greedy now as I want to be as ambitious as City and PSG were but just hope we avoid relegation. 

1 minute ago, cranna said:

Huge mistake not signing a winger and another striker. Trippier and Guimaraes are very good players, but they don't score goals. The club is not in the middle of the table, goals are needed as much as clean sheets. 5/10 is my vote for this transfer window.

Not much of a mistake if we tried.

Just now, cranna said:

Agree, but our front players should be a lot more free now, with a better defense and Bruno. Think we will see more from them now, including Willock

I'm of the opinion we will get goals frequently enough if we can just stop conceding them. It's all about instilling confidence. If we have a solid platform, we will build. People like ASM can do as they please if we know they have a solid defensive line up behind them.