More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

I just keep picturing those tremendous thru balls Bruno Is capable of and Chris Wood trying to run on to them :lol:

Try imagining Maxi, Willock, Joelinton, Fraser and a fit again Wilson bursting on to them. Wood gives the attack a focal point and with him and Burn we’ll be a big threat from set pieces now. 

Edited by Whitley mag

A bit disappointed we didn't get Lingard/another attacking player. It's still fresh but after a few days I think I'll realise it was a decent window.

Don't forget the teams around us have done nothing in comparison. Watford have signed a bunch of nobodies, Burnley have probably improved their striker but nothing else and Norwich are as shit as before.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Don’t want to be negative but I’m pretty disappointed. We needed goals and don’t have any. 

I am as well tbh. The players brought in no doubt strengthens the team and I'm super excited to see Bruno G in action.
But I can't shake the feeling that not bringing in more firepower will bite us in the arse.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Watford are a concern to me. Plenty of goals in that team.

Aye if Sarr comes back they will be under Hodgson, likewise if Weghorst and Cornet start firing for Burnley.

However, I think overall now we are better than all 3 rivals at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I'm slightly nervous that the only 'striker' we have in the door is Chris Wood.

We've clearly strengthened defence and added quality in the midfield, in Bruno.

But I am nervous about the striking situation, especially when it's goals we need.

It is a worry

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

A bit disappointed we didn't get Lingard/another attacking player. It's still fresh but after a few days I think I'll realise it was a decent window.

Don't forget the teams around us have done nothing in comparison. Watford have signed a bunch of nobodies, Burnley have probably improved their striker but nothing else and Norwich are as shit as before.

Norwich are not shit though, tbf. They're clearly capable of kicking up points

Decent window I think, strengthened postions that needed it and got a back up striker in better than all the other No.2 strikers around us. We were also trying extremely hard on some class players, so hopefully we stay up and summer comes and we can do the same again and completely transform the team with players like Botman, Carlos and whoever else we might be looking at. Lingard would have a great not to finish on, but if we can get the original promising looking Miggy back and Willock even close to his loan spell, there's going to be alot of fun until the end of the season

That we started the day with 3 players already due to sign by all accounts, and yet look to be ending it with only 2 is a disappointing way to end the window. 

That Chris Wood is our only attacking addition scares me.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Norwich are not shit though, tbf. They're clearly capable of kicking up points

If we can't better the points Norwich get second half of the season we deserve to go down. It was only 2 games ago they were dead and buried. They'll still come bottom imo.

6 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Norwich who have won double the games we have? Luckily they can’t score goals either.

Concerned also with Burnley's new striker linking up well with Cornet. We needed to add some pace next to Wood, and Ekitike (sp?) would've been great. 

Anyways, I'm not hugely disappointed with the window overall, but the lack of goals is a worry. Having said that, if Howe can get others to start chipping in with goals from midfield and set pieces, while Wood keeps an opposing CB or two occupied, we may just have had a fantastic window. 

4 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Concerned also with Burnley's new striker linking up well with Cornet. We needed to add some pace next to Wood, and Ekitike (sp?) would've been great. 

Anyways, I'm not hugely disappointed with the window overall, but the lack of goals is a worry. Having said that, if Howe can get others to start chipping in with goals from midfield and set pieces, while Wood keeps an opposing CB or two occupied, we may just have had a fantastic window. 

I think the key for us now is set pieces with Wood and Burn, getting the runners breaking past Wood from midfield (good signs of this in 2nd half at Leeds) and better delivery in the box to Wood from full backs.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I know it's not what people wana here, but, Wood isn't the only striker, we still have Dwight Gayle, he could be useful now we are stronger elsewhere. 

Dwight Gayle isnt going to get us goals to stay up.  We just have to pray Wilson stays fit