More transfer rumours

midds

There's some absolutely woeful patter on Twitter regarding the transfer window. Yes it could've been better but it wasn't helped by Sevilla, Lille and Man U being twats. 

Just spent 90 million quid but last summer we wouldn't pay a loan fee for Hamza Choudhury ffs.

I know there's some divvy's among our support but I hope it's not something that's going to become a common theme. 

Well I’m happy with the window, some solid additions in Burn and Targett and then some ludicrously good one in Trippier and mainly Bruno. We have given ourselves a great chance and that’s all we could ask for.

Over to Howe now to get the results.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Well I’m happy with the window, some solid additions in Burn and Targett and then some ludicrously good one in Trippier and mainly Bruno. We have given ourselves a great chance and that’s all we could ask for.

Over to Howe now to get the results.

Yeah, this is where I'm at too. A good solid window with crucial additions to the squad. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He would have, but can’t lay any blame at the owners.

i haven’t seen anyone blame the owners yet. It’s just disappointing that we haven’t managed to bring a creative player in. I’m hoping Almiron starts to perform.

We’ve given ourselves a great chance. Regardless of another attacking option, if we can’t stay up after spending 90 million serious questions will be asked of Howe.

We’ve signed an England right back and world class midfielder. The other additions are solid and I think Burn will surprise people, his stats for Brighton are impressive. 

We’re up against 3 teams we should now be finishing above, barring a complete injury crisis of epic proportions.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

No more incomings - Hope

Figured that out as soon as Man U put the blocks on Lingard. We lined up our shots and took them, ultimately just the wrong targets in the end, striker-wise anyway. Happy enough with the rest of our work, but ultimately that is a big hole left in the team. 

Just now, gdm said:

I just keep picturing those tremendous thru balls Bruno Is capable of and Chris Wood trying to run on to them :lol:

My old man man wants to play Gayle till Wilson is back. He hates big strikers more than I do [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

There's some absolutely woeful patter on Twitter regarding the transfer window. Yes it could've been better but it wasn't helped by Sevilla, Lille and Man U being twats. 

Just spent 90 million quid but last summer we wouldn't pay a loan fee for Hamza Choudhury ffs.

I know there's some divvy's among our support but I hope it's not something that's going to become a common theme. 

I don’t get this point of view. You judge each situation on it’s own merits.

I don’t constantly judge and assess my current partner based on my ex. Equally, I wouldn’t put up with my job being crap if my previous one was even shitter.

Aye, if we still had Ashley it’s incomprehensible how bleak the current season would be. But we don’t have Ashley, had a balance of £100m+ to play with and it’s okay to step back and say “maybe we could have spent that a bit better in some places, or made that deal sooner, or did this rather than that”.

Hopefully it’s enough. Really excited by the potential of the summer though.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

We’ve given ourselves a great chance. Regardless of another attacking option, if we can’t stay up after spending 90 million serious questions will be asked of Howe.

We’ve signed an England right back and world class midfielder. The other additions are solid and I think Burn will surprise people, his stats for Brighton are impressive. 

We’re up against 3 teams we should now be finishing above, barring a complete injury crisis of epic proportions.

Watford are a concern to me. Plenty of goals in that team.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

My old man man wants to play Gayle till Wilson is back. He hates big strikers more than I do [emoji38]

Gayle with the pace he had 5 years ago would actually be a decent idea, not this Gayle though :lol:

I'm slightly nervous that the only 'striker' we have in the door is Chris Wood.

We've clearly strengthened defence and added quality in the midfield, in Bruno.

But I am nervous about the striking situation, especially when it's goals we need.