More transfer rumours

midds

I'm still fairly confident if we create chances for him, Wood will score goals this season like. He won't be first or even second choice for us next season, but the long term vision isn't important right now.

Edited by Klaus

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Watford are a concern to me. Plenty of goals in that team.

Is there though? They're scored 2 more goals than us this season so far. Dennis was on fire, but hasnt looked the same since being held back from AFCON and is also now suspended for 3 games and Sarr is capable of a run of goals, but outside of that there's not really much also. Minutes to goals Wood is miles better than King, we've strenghten out backline and Bruno coming in should mean St Max doesnt need to come so deep to collect the ball, so I think that'll improve us massively. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

You think Wood plays for us in the premier league next season??

100%

We can't change every player in the squad. He'd be third choice playing the system we are in now and he'd have a good shout of starting a reasonable number of games if we play 2 up top.

10 minutes ago, duo said:

Dwight Gayle isnt going to get us goals to stay up.  We just have to pray Wilson stays fit

I'm just meaning Wood isn't our only striker, Gayle just never strings enough games together to get any consistency, he's a really good finisher tbf, but its if he'll get the chances. 

Think obviously Wilson is the best at the club, but we can certainly still look to Gayle, we'd be mad to let him leave on loan to a champo club, if this is it, and I'm assuming were finished for the night?

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

I'll echo the sentiments, an excellent bit of business, extremely excited to see Bruno in action but can't shake feeling concerned about our lack of firepower.

Praying Wilson isn’t out too long. 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We 100% HAVE to stay up. We need to get rid of Fraser, Ritchie, Krafth, Gayle, Hayden, Dummett, Hendrick, Clark, Darlow, Wood - relegation means a number of those will stay and I don’t think I can handle that :lol:

I'd hope 90% of them would get moved on even if we are relegated. Those players won't get you promoted from the Championship anymore.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

100%

We can't change every player in the squad. He'd be third choice playing the system we are in now and he'd have a good shout of starting a reasonable number of games if we play 2 up top.

so you think we’ll bring in one striker in summer and get rid of Gayle? 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Because we’re going to want much better strikers than him to actually challenge for higher than 16th?

I think you have your expectations a little high if you think he'd not be a suitable squad player for where we're likely to be, heading into next season should we stay up. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

so you think we’ll bring in one striker in summer and get rid of Gayle? 

If we stay up, basically yes. Or tbh I could quite easily see Gayle and Wilson both leaving. Wilson as good as he is, is a liability in terms of injuries. Wilson and Gayle out and 2 new strikers in.

Just now, Lenny said:

I think you have your expectations a little high if you think he'd not be a suitable squad player for where we're likely to be, heading into next season should we stay up. 

I’ve just seen us bidding for two top class centre backs in the January window. If Wood is one of our three strikers next season I’ll be worried.