More transfer rumours

midds

59 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

From L’Equipe, £55m opening bid.

There is nothing on L’Equipe about this. Another fake one this. 

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Ando posted about them i think??

He said something like ‘medicals booked in’

Which is really vague. Might mean ‘a medical’s booked in’ i.e A (one) medical is booked, 

Or that a number of medicals are booked in. 

Not doubting Ando might know something but nowhere has it said two medicals are booked in. 

I want to get excited but I won’t until Caulkin or the like reports it or I see a signing wearing a Newcastle top on the club website. There are so many fake itk accounts out there it’s (literally) untrue. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yep…. “Wtf 100 likes, the supporters of Newcastle are crazy”

Classic circular reference - I’ve seen three different versions each with a different source.

It’s so easy to see how things start to get reported as fact from nothing.

I’m not even sure I believe the Ekitike stuff quite yet. Nowhere reliable has reported it have they? Unless I’ve missed something. 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Classic circular reference - I’ve seen three different versions each with a different source.

Yep, it’s grim 

Asslani fits the profile of player we’re going for. Young, potential to get much better while also still being good enough for the here and now.

Not the tallest, only 5’10. But that shouldn’t matter if he’s good enough.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’ll try and downplay it in the press but they’ll be looking top 7. To keep someone like Bruno as well that’s the bare minimum we should be aiming.

No matter budget or plan, which we are all unaware of, I am very certain that the club won't break it's principles just to keep a player. 

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

No matter budget or plan, which we are all unaware of, I am very certain that the club won't break it's principles just to keep a player. 

But If they have promised a player we will try push for Europe they will do everything to keep a promise 

8 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

worth watching for the maddest compilation tune I've heard yet

Fucking hell, that's more like an Italian Kim Wilde with proper '80s synth than the usual Whistle Posse Eurodance pish.  Don't get me wrong, it is still utterly unlistenable, but at least it is different

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

But If they have promised a player we will try push for Europe they will do everything to keep a promise 

Bookies have us 7th favourite for the title ATM and quite a distance ahead of the next nearest side. Think that will be the target, 7th. 

We'd have been very close to that this season imo if we had a striker and not Wood playing for half the games. It's not a huge step up from were we are at at the moment. I mean West Ham and Leicester have been able to push for and get close to Champions League spots in the last couple of seasons. 

I've noticed when people have asked Luke Edwards about £25m on Etikite when he said our budget is £60m, he's started to say "it won't be that much upfront" which is a bit of a backpedal. Perhaps the journalists are starting to realise the whole line of not spending much is nonsense.