More transfer rumours

midds

Nowt in that article mind. Targett and Ekitike are already odds-on and it's just speculating that the third is Botman. The quotes are taken from NUFCTV.

Either way, whatever. It's going to be a successful transfer window, even if everything doesn't happen within the first week or two. 

Targett, Ekitike, Botman, Sarr, Henderson

Would that please the fan base? I get the feeling quite a few of us were expecting a bit more quality on a couple of those, maybe rightfully so. I’d personally be pleased with those 5.

Just now, Nine said:

Would that please the fan base? I get the feeling quite a few of us were expecting a bit more quality on a couple of those, maybe rightfully so. I’d personally be pleased with those 5.

Nope, we would need another striker and CM

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nope, we would need another striker and CM

I’d agree on the CM as we currently have 5, if we persist with 4-3-3 then 6 in total would make sense. Striker I think we are covered with Ekitike in, I know Wilson and his fitness issues but assuming he can play at least 20-25 games then Ekitike and Wood behind him should be fine.

If you look at Wilson’s fitness record at Bournemouth besides 2 freak season ending injuries in his early years there was pretty consistent for 3/4 years after until he moved to us. I have faith that Eddie can get more out of him fitness wise than Bruce did. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I’d agree on the CM as we currently have 5, if we persist with 4-3-3 then 6 in total would make sense. Striker I think we are covered with Ekitike in, I know Wilson and his fitness issues but assuming he can play at least 20-25 games then Ekitike and Wood behind him should be fine.

If you look at Wilson’s fitness record at Bournemouth besides 2 freak season ending injuries in his early years there was pretty consistent for 3/4 years after until he moved to us. I have faith that Eddie can get more out of him fitness wise than Bruce did. 

I honestly have zero faith in Wilson staying fit for a large chunk of the season. Would be a huge risk if we go into a season with him, Wood and Etikite as our only options.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I honestly have zero faith in Wilson staying fit for a large chunk of the season. Would be a huge risk if we go into a season with him, Wood and Etikite as our only options.

I think we'll see an improvement in his fitness. The guy literally hopped on a plane straight after our matches without doing any sort of recovery training/treatment to see his family. Now that he's moved his family up to Newcastle hopefully he can take more care of his body after training and matches which will translate in a less injury prone player for us.

Just now, Conjo said:

I think we'll see an improvement in his fitness. The guy literally hopped on a plane straight after our matches without doing any sort of recovery training/treatment to see his family. Now that he's moved his family up to Newcastle hopefully he can take more care of his body after training and matches which will translate in a less injury prone player for us.

I hope you're right.  But he has always had injury problems for the last 6-7 years, hasn't he?  So I'm not sure it's going to suddenly mean he stays fit.  Especially after numerous injuries over his career and him now the wrong side of 30. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I hope you're right.  But he has always had injury problems for the last 6-7 years, hasn't he?  So I'm not sure it's going to suddenly mean he stays fit.  Especially after numerous injuries over his career and him now the wrong side of 30. 

His appearances in PL seasons (starting this season and working backwards) - 18, 26, 35, 30, 28, 20, 13

Compared to Harry Kane (just picking someone who is a nailed-on starter) - 37, 35, 29, 28, 37, 30, 38, 34

I'd say someone who has only managed more than 30 appearances once in seven seasons can't be fully relied upon.

I’d rather we signed another quality midfielder than another striker: either someone on the right of a 3 (pushing Bruno back) like Paqueta/Fofana etc. or a solid athletic dm like Philips/Sangare.

43 minutes ago, Nine said:

Dunno tbh after being linked with Eriksen, paqueta, Diaby and told we’d spend big on a striker I’d be a little disappointed. Not sure Etikite & Sarr take us to the next level imho. Etikite is definitely one for the future 

Edited by gdm

41 minutes ago, Nine said:

I'm not totally sure I'd be over the moon,I'd be pleased it was an upgrade on what we have, but, I'd be expecting us to be a bit more ambitious, Villa signing Digne meant Targett would be benched, they secured Coutinho, and also Carlos and Kamara, they seem to be miles ahead with their movements, and convincing players to sign. 

Most of our rumours are simply that, out of all of them, Targett I do like, Ekitike sounds close but is it? And the others I think we'll probably miss out on, Sarr is a player that really doesn't interest me at all, ambitious, would be Raphinha, Conor Gallagher, Conor Cody, Calvert Lewin. 

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not totally sure I'd be over the moon,I'd be pleased it was an upgrade on what we have, but, I'd be expecting us to be a bit more ambitious, Villa signing Digne meant Targett would be benched, they secured Coutinho, and also Carlos and Kamara, they seem to be miles ahead with their movements, and convincing players to sign. 

Most of our rumours are simply that, out of all of them, Targett I do like, Ekitike sounds close but is it? And the others I think we'll probably miss out on, Sarr is a player that really doesn't interest me at all, ambitious, would be Raphinha, Conor Gallagher, Conor Cody, Calvert Lewin. 

I find it very odd. Considering the slump they ended up in and us passing them whilst being all lost. Is the Gerrard drawing factor really that big?

1 hour ago, Nine said:

I'd be over the fucking moon with that. 

Honestly not arsed about having a perfect window. All I want it's consistent improvement window to window until we're in a place to seriously compete. 

If that means improving in only 3-4 of the 6 positions we need to improve on then that's fine by me. I'd hate for us to be the type of fans who take what we've now got for granted. 

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Botman and Henderson aren't happening judging by what's been said like.

Tbh with signing targett and potentially Ekitite on loan then I'd want 3 or 4 big signings on top of that.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Tbh with signing targett and potentially Ekitite on loan then I'd want 3 or 4 big signings on top of that.

Botman ??

why not ?

I thought the Milan deal had collapsed ?

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Botman ??

why not ?

I thought the Milan deal had collapsed ?

Just what I think

Botman fancies Milan. Milan aren't keen on paying want Lille want yet..think they'll find a middle ground

1 minute ago, jack j said:

I’m weirdly optimistic that we’ll get Eriksen.

15 minutes ago, worthy said:

I find it very odd. Considering the slump they ended up in and us passing them whilst being all lost. Is the Gerrard drawing factor really that big?

I'm not sure? They clearly dont worry about FFP like we keep hearing, they get linked to a player, and before you know it, it seems they sign.

To be honest they haven't messed about.

But, I suppose having Dan Ashworth now, might just see us pull our finger out, within 48hrs, Hayden has gone out, and Gayle to follow, while making space for Targett, I guess you could say, those moving on,covers that transfer. 

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just what I think

Botman fancies Milan. Milan aren't keen on paying want Lille want yet..think they'll find a middle ground

Yeah, think this is a negotiating position for Milan as much as anything now that Botman has tipped his hand that they're his preferred destination. And if anything it only seems to have woken up Spurs and Man U to the situation. You have to imagine (that for this window at least) they'd both be ahead of us in his thinking. Especially Spurs.