More transfer rumours

midds

If we really did enquire about the likes of Pellegrini, then Paqueta is definitely on our radar, and I'm beginning to really think we end up getting him, provided we can structure other deals to make it all work from an FFP point of view.

Would Paqueta be our 'next-level stratosphere' type of signing or are we talking like a Diaby, Isak, Osimhen or even higher like a Dembele, Nunez or Dybala?  

Just keen to understand what constitutes next level for people given where we are today

Edited by kingxlnc

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Would Paqueta be our 'next-level stratosphere' type of signing or are we talking like a Diaby, Isak, Osimhen or even higher like a Dembele, Nunez or Dybala?  

Just keen to understand what constitutes next level for people given where we are today

I don't think you will see us make a signing exactly like that. At least not for a few years. Instead they're likely going to look to bring in players like Bruno. Not already established, but technically very sound, with a huge amount of potential to become that next level superstar while they're here. Hence chasing the likes of Ekitike and Botman. 

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Paqueta, like Bruno would be an amazing signing for where we are right now IMO. They're both perfect in the sense that they are both great talents that the top clubs haven't quite gone all in on yet within the past season, and so it allows us to come in for them, without them turning their noses up at us. Lyon not making it into Europe also was significant, as it means Paqueta wouldn't be sacrificing that to join us.

The other players you mentioned I think are now a step too far for us, as there appears to be some stiff competition for them all, and they are all after European competition. Perhaps there would be a chance with Isak, but not sure, besides I don't think we bring in another main striker now.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Wew, very ambitious signing. Nice to aim high initially, and see what happens though.

This would definitely point to more of a 4-3-3 next season, as ideally we would need a goal scoring midfielder to add into midfield with Joelinton, and then Bruno sitting deeper.

Looks like that might end up being the approach. Interesting.

Would be an unbelievable signing.. 4 years left on his deal tho.. but money can shout load to some players ?

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

50m bid turned down for pellegrini.. according to della sport .

That's not far off what Lyon apparently want for Paqueta, so perhaps a bit of pressure being applied by looking at other options, as there were previous reports we were looking to pay £50 million for Paqueta.

Just now, KaKa said:

That's not far off what Lyon apparently want for Paqueta, so perhaps a bit of pressure being applied by looking at other options, as there were previous reports we were looking to pay £50 million for Paqueta.

We haven’t bid for Pellegrini. I’d be extremely surprised if we have. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Good at making deals quickly and quietly Liverpool most times. 

Exceptionally run club at the minute. The way they smoothly added Diaz in January with minimum fuss was crazy. And now they've arrived on the scene late and out of nowhere for Nunez and are set to wrap it up. Mad.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Exceptionally run club at the minute. The way they smoothly added Diaz in January with minimum fuss was crazy. And now they've arrived on the scene late and out of nowhere for Nunez and are set to wrap it up. Mad.

Being famous, successful and rich certainly helps. 

I'm confident we'll sign at least two 'Bruno calibre' players (£40 million or more). One of them will be Paqueta imo.

After Juninho and Bruno's departures, there's no doubt that Aulas has already budgeted this summer's incoming money for Paqueta. Reportedly they're quoting us £60 Million now which is probably 1/3 more than they'd accept from any other club. 

It makes sense to wait until they get desperate - somebody else might make an acceptable bid late in August, we easily outbid them and the Brazil bromance gets us in the CL.

Just now, Ikon said:

We haven’t bid for Pellegrini. I’d be extremely surprised if we have. 

Perhaps not. Just responding to the post that claimed we had.

Have seen that £50 million amount mentioned before regarding what we'd be looking to pay for Paqueta though, and so perhaps we're looking around to see who else we'd be able to get in that range, to put some pressure on Lyon.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think Bruno and Paqueta are a bit above Botman like, Paqueta especially looks like he could play for any club on the planet.

Bruno and especially Paqueta are well ahead of Botman imo

Paqueta is a regular for Brazil, Bruno gets sub appearances here and there, Botman hasn't got a single senior cap.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Good at making deals quickly and quietly Liverpool most times. Even if this is not news.

It's news to me tbh. It's going to make catching these clubs a lot harder as long as they keep signing the best players. Stil....baby steps and all that.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Being famous, successful and rich certainly helps. 

For sure ... we're at least facing the right direction now too, and so plenty to look forward to for us also.

Not sure if we are interested in Paqueta or not. But spunking say 50m on him, a starting Brazil player would make people take notice, no doubt.  Think a deal like this or similar to it would make it easier for us to attract players to join. Bruno was a massive signing and a proper good one. Paqueta would be more of a statmement that would show we mean business. Once we get that first big big signing I’m sure others will be willling to follow. I’m just talking hypothetically now, but I can see it like this.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Bruno and especially Paqueta are well ahead of Botman imo

Paqueta is a regular for Brazil, Bruno gets sub appearances here and there, Botman hasn't got a single senior cap.

Aye, for all the flirting I would be surprised if Paqueta actually comes here. I think the only slim reason he might is the fact he flopped in Italy a couple of years ago - so there could still be a bit of hesitancy.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, TRon said:

It's news to me tbh. It's going to make catching these clubs a lot harder as long as they keep signing the best players. Stil....baby steps and all that.

We'll be fine. There are so many players out there that get overlooked. Nunez just 3 years ago was playing in the second division in Spain. It's all about timing when you're not quite at the top as a club yet.

The timing for the Bruno signing was exceptional, and we've clearly swooped in and added a player that can play for any of the top clubs right now. Just need to use that blueprint for a few more and we are on our way.