More transfer rumours

midds

Just comparing Ekitike and Broja on FBRef; goals, attacking performance, passing dribbling... Ekitike is more effective hands down, despite playing less football last season. Broja only beats him on pressing. Gouiri compares a lot better. 

48 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

https://theathletic.com/3380360/2022/06/24/jonathan-david-transfers/

I've clipped our bit featuring Caulkin. 

Would rather David than Ekitike, as I'm massively biased. :lol: 

Both would be super ?

Very different players. I think David could play behind Calum or replace him. His stock has probably cooled a little too. Howe would be great for him though. If I have one criticism with David it's his work rate. I think that's due to the role he has been given rather than ability to do so. Lille were also the masters of not passing to him for the longest time. It's a miracle he scored as many as he did to this point.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Both would be super ?

Very different players. I think David could play behind Calum or replace him. His stock has probably cooled a little too. Howe would be great for him though. If I have one criticism with David it's his work rate. I think that's due to the role he has been given rather than ability to do so. Lille were also the masters of not passing to him for the longest time. It's a miracle he scored as many as he did to this point.

Needs to work on his composure as well, find David can be very reactive and fighting the ball even in low pressure situations.

As I continue to pop in here for updates, I think I've come to a strange realisation that I'm not that excited about this transfer window.

Ive been so detached from the wider footballing landscape the last few years that I don't know who the fuck any of our rumoured targets are. So I wouldn't know who/what I'm getting excited over. :lol:

Shame really. 

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just comparing Ekitike and Broja on FBRef; goals, attacking performance, passing dribbling... Ekitike is more effective hands down, despite playing less football last season. Broja only beats him on pressing. Gouiri compares a lot better. 

I can't see Ektitike having the same impact Broja would immediately. I'm going to trot out the ol "Broja is PL proven" line because I actually think it's relevant in this instance. Gouiri might fair better than Ektitike in the short term. 

13 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Needs to work on his composure as well, find David can be very reactive and fighting the ball even in low pressure situations.

Strange when he is generally ice cold in 1 on 1's and on goal. Still has the silly miss in him like most!

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Strange when he is generally ice cold in 1 on 1's and on goal. Still has the silly miss in him like most!

I'm mainly reference his international play, don't watch Lille outside of CL games. Could be the quality of player around him for Canada. 

10 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Lingard might be a shrewd move, would be an upgrade on Fraser and Murphy.

At this point I agree. His wage demands might be high, but they could probably be accomodated into our FFP strategy. Still hope we can get in someone more in the mould of Ekiteke, but if not then Lingard would definitely give us some options.

“Newcastle set for January budget of £50m - despite another £140m allowed by FFP”

:lol:

Spent £92M, could’ve been a lot more had other deals come off.

“Newcastle rule out summer spending spree with transfer budget likely to be less than £90m”

:lol: :lol:

On the cusp of reaching £57M before July, with another £26M supposedly on the table for Ekitike as well.

Never change, Lukey boy.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

“Newcastle set for January budget of £50m - despite another £140m allowed by FFP”

:lol:

Spent £92M, could’ve been a lot more had other deals come off.

“Newcastle rule out summer spending spree with transfer budget likely to be less than £90m”

:lol: :lol:

On the cusp of reaching £57M before July, with another £26M supposedly on the table for Ekitike as well.

Never change, Lukey boy.

Best thing about this is every signing we now make he's claiming its a few million less

His latest tweet saying hes gonna cost 30 million not the reported 37 ha

Edited by jack j

Here's a prediction. Lascelles will now ask to leave and will join one of the newly promoted sides.

He's now 4th choice and our club captain. Something had to give. Reckon we will easily recoup 12m 

When that happens, we will dip back into the CB market but this time for someone young, very raw and on a loan or cheap deal.

Just now, STM said:

Here's a prediction. Lascelles will now ask to leave and will join one of the newly promoted sides.

He's now 4th choice and our club captain. Something had to give. Reckon we will easily recoup 12m 

When that happens, we will dip back into the CB market but this time for someone young, very raw and on a loan or cheap deal.

His position hasn’t changed that much, surely? He’s still in direct competition with Schär for the right-sided place, but now won’t automatically slot in if the occupant of the left-sided place is out.

I’d be surprised to see him go this summer, but wouldn’t be upset by it.

Guest HTT II

Get the French lad signed, a proper DCM, a RW and a top striker and we are laughing. 

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

His position hasn’t changed that much, surely? He’s still in direct competition with Schär for the right-sided place, but now won’t automatically slot in if the occupant of the left-sided place is out.

I’d be surprised to see him go this summer, but wouldn’t be upset by it.

I actually think Lascelles is a decent squad player, but since he's probably one of our more saleable assets, it makes sense to cash in on him. Sort of similar to the Hayden deal. He never really let us down, just we had outgrown him, and I would say we are close to that with Jamal as well. We do need money in to fund some of the players coming in.

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Lingard might be a shrewd move, would be an upgrade on Fraser and Murphy.

I think we're just keeping our powder dry on Lingard. Wait until later in the window, if it becomes clear nobody is going to pay him what he wants then we'll make contact again.

Obviously if someone we really like is available in the meantime then we'll go for them instead but I reckon Lingard is definitely still on the shortlist. 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I think we're just keeping our powder dry on Lingard. Wait until later in the window, if it becomes clear nobody is going to pay him what he wants then we'll make contact again.

Obviously if someone we really like is available in the meantime then we'll go for them instead but I reckon Lingard is definitely still on the shortlist. 

Hope not. Just like Tarkowski. Want too much wages relatively to their average ability. £200kpw for a tiny purple patch at West Ham over a 12 year career? No thanks.