More transfer rumours

midds

44 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Don’t know whether Ashworth has a non compete clause in  place though which would make this a no goer.

He will likely not be involved in direct negotiations, but there won't be anything in his contract saying we can't sign players from Brighton or vise versa.

10 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm going to be fucked off if we don't sign him despite the fact I'm ignorant as fuck and still don't know a lot about him.

I just want Bruno to be happy. 

Basically a Brazilian Zidane. Like literally from what I've seen of him that's basically how he plays (not saying he'll be as good as Zidane[emoji38])

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's like FM when you blow your entire budget on a striker you didn't need, but leave holes all over the park.

Aye but you can just ask the owners for more readies and they come up trumps within 30 seconds

Fffp

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's like FM when you blow your entire budget on a striker you didn't need, but leave holes all over the park.

Yeah, but the striker is Haaland from the most recent FM game and he is basically a cheat code anyway. 

On 14/01/2022 at 09:10, Coffee_Johnny said:

Benoit Badiashile--not yet 21, 6'4", steady improvement (from an already exceptional starting point...) representing France at all youth levels, now over 80 appearances for Monaco--would be an exceptional signing. 

Had my eye on him/been on virtual wish list for a while. Howe-ver, in Eddie we trust. 

57 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Basically a Brazilian Zidane. Like literally from what I've seen of him that's basically how he plays (not saying he'll be as good as Zidane[emoji38])

Reminds med of Kaka from my Wise scouting.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

He will likely not be involved in direct negotiations, but there won't be anything in his contract saying we can't sign players from Brighton or vise versa.

Could be more of a challenge around knowing players’ release clauses, wages etc. Might make things tricky.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What would people prefer? Erisken on a free to save but money for a striker, or Paqueta for big money and Etikite being the only striker bought in ?

The latter, we have wilson but someone of the calibre of Paqueta, who is as I understand it on here the best player to ever grace a football field, would be a huge upgrade 😉 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What would people prefer? Erisken on a free to save but money for a striker, or Paqueta for big money and Etikite being the only striker bought in ?

Whichever I'm happy.

Lorenzo Pellegrini? Are we everyone’s clickbait at the mo? 

“Newcastle United made front page news in Italy today after being linked with AS Roma skipper Lorenzo 

The Italy international is a man in form this summer after scoring goals8 in his country's UEFA Nations League campaign against Hungary and Germany. And the man who lifted the Europa Conference League trophy with Roma woke up to his name in headlines on Corriere dello Sport.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lorenzo-pellegrini-newcastle-united-roma-24182293

43795C72-A309-40F8-9FA8-53B4FA8E96A6.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Lorenzo Pellegrini? Are we everyone’s clickbait at the mo? 

“Newcastle United made front page news in Italy today after being linked with AS Roma skipper Lorenzo 

The Italy international is a man in form this summer after scoring goals8 in his country's UEFA Nations League campaign against Hungary and Germany. And the man who lifted the Europa Conference League trophy with Roma woke up to his name in headlines on Corriere dello Sport.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lorenzo-pellegrini-newcastle-united-roma-24182293

43795C72-A309-40F8-9FA8-53B4FA8E96A6.jpeg

Wew, very ambitious signing. Nice to aim high initially, and see what happens though.

This would definitely point to more of a 4-3-3 next season, as ideally we would need a goal scoring midfielder to add into midfield with Joelinton, and then Bruno sitting deeper.

Looks like that might end up being the approach. Interesting.

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He’s absolutely class at free kicks. Can’t see him wanting to leave Roma mind. Probably after a new contract!

That’s the answer right there - he ain’t leaving Roma