More transfer rumours

midds

You can feel his hatred for Newcastle. His journalism is always tainted by emotion. 

Luke Edwards would love nothing better than everything to go wrong at NUFC, so that he can talk about Steve Bruce.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm quite excited to see who we move onto after Ekiteke, but one thing that would piss me off is if we are chasing impossible signings. If Harrison or Raphina are realistic targets, then great. But I don't want to spend a month with us playing maybe only to be told no deal at the end of it.

We have a lot of time on our hands to be fair. Everyone was saying Botman would be impossible but it looks like a hell of a lot of time and effort went into it. It's worth it sometimes. Raphinia seems more realistic (that he'll leave, not that he'll come to us) due to his contract situation so would love to go all in on him.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Harrison is the wrong side for what we need. It's the right hand side that needs addressing. 

Yeah exactly. Unless we want to play him inverted on the right? Doesnt really add up like.

It doesn't even make any sense either. If we are looking for Ekitike alternatives, that suggests we have at least the 25m we were outlaying on him. Besides, any loan deals we may do won't be without cost. The guys a muppet.

However, one thing he will be correct about is a period of quietness while we concentrate on outgoings and the start of pre season.

Just now, STM said:

It doesn't even make any sense either. If we are looking for Ekitike alternatives, that suggests we have at least the 25m we were outlaying on him. Besides, any loan deals we may do won't be without cost. The guys a muppet.

However, one thing he will be correct about is a period of quietness while we concentrate on outgoings and the start of pre season.

In fairness to Luke he’s maintained all along that the Initial outlay for Etikite would only be around 12 million 

1 minute ago, STM said:

Reports suggested a very forgiving payment structure for Ekitike which wouldn’t massively impact this years transfer budget.

38 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

These types of comparisons are misleading when comparing a player who played for the team finishing 17th in the PL to a player in the team that finished 3rd in the Bundesliga.  Big differences in the quality of team mate and quality of opposition.  

like Raphinha is a massive creator. His expected Xa is 7 vs Diaby’s Xa of 9. And Raphinha is doing that in one of the weakest teams in the division while Diaby has those stats from one of the strongest. And obviously Raphs team mates didn’t tuck his potential assists away whilst Diaby’s over performed. 

Goalscoring wise Raphinha is pretty poor 1v1 or from better opportunities.  He scores a fair amount of his goals from penalties and strikes from distance. IMO Hes more of a playmaker than a forward but that’s not obvious from the goals and assists. 

I would love Raphinha. Never seen Diaby but I’m dubious of attackers Coming from Bundesliga with great stats. Werner, Havertz, Bailey, Sancho etc. I like Sancho - but I don’t seem him doing 15+ goals 15+ assists in the EPL like he did in Bundesliga. I hope he proves me wrong but atm I don’t see it. I’d be happy with 10+ each for the lad. 

For sure, stats don't factor in context; no more reliable than a Youtube video! Just an at a glance thing, for fun if nowt else.

Hope said 3x30m signings. So by my reckoning:

1. Botman

2. Striker

3. Winger

Targett was last years budget and Pope's fee will be easily recouped through sales.

Although, I think we will struggle to get the required quality in both striker and winger positions for 30m a piece, we may end up kicking the striker can down the road and concentrate exclusively on a winger.

I've said all along that I think we will end up signing Ivan Toney and I will stick by that and I know I'm contradicting myself.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

IMO unless we get another midfielder it's 9-13 for us. Unless the wingers and attackers are shit hot.

If we're not in a relegation battle at any point, 9th would be a decent improvement. 

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Could DCL play in a two with Wilson in a straight 4-4-2? ASM and Fraser/Almiron on the wings, Wilson & DCL with Bruno & Joelinton. A bit old school these days but would be exciting to watch.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Some of the names just seem like pie in the sky. Raphina, Osimhen, Diaby....you would have thought we'd have more chance going for someone a bit less proven along the Ekiteke lines. Maybe we have got someone else in mind but journos aren't aware of it.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

IMO unless we get another midfielder it's 9-13 for us. Unless the wingers and attackers are shit hot.

4 to 8

we are only a couple of signings away from being able to challenge for 3rd if we have a fair wind behind us