More transfer rumours

midds

This was the time to show our teeth and break our wage structure to get in a world-class player on a free; hope we made every effort to bring him here. I’d be furious if we lost out to him based on wages, more so if it’s Everton or Leicester he’s chosen.

How would some kind of insurance clause interact with FFP?

Say we offer him a 4 year contract on good wages, but put in a clause that states if he has any health issues that prevent him from playing, we'll terminate his contract and instead he'll be paid a lump sum equivalent to what he would have gotten over the 4 year? Would that payment be taking into account or not? It seems like something could be done there anyway.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Probably about Italian clubs yeah 

Funny coz every Italy based player they’ve linked us too has turned out to be bollocks so far and there has been plenty of them. From half the Roma squad to oshimen to zapata and so on 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Funny coz every Italy based player they’ve linked us too has turned out to be bollocks so far and there has been plenty of them. From half the Roma squad to oshimen to zapata and so on 

Think their is genuine interest from us in Osimhen, not that I think we have any chance of signing him 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone seen much of this lad ?

It's an odd one, this rumour - the only noise from the italian press is that Inter "would be prepared to offer Correa to Newcastle at a knock-down price". Nowt about Newcastle being actually in for him. And if he is a Lazio player on loan to Inter with an option to buy, does it really mean that Inter will buy him and immediately flip him to us? 

Sounds like Inter have been sold a pup and is mentally willing a newly-minted club in search of a forward to come take him off their hands.

@Milanista, any insight into this at all?

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He's the one who spent last season on loan at Inter, they had an obligation to buy which kicked in this summer. I think he's been linked before.

What type of striker is he ?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What type of striker is he ?

Craig Bellamy, with worse stats. Can play on the left, and can be a real nuisance. Mainly used as a support striker.

I don’t think he’s particularly good tbh, inconsistent and been injured a fair bit. More of an AM than a striker as well. Sounds like Inter are hawking him around as they have an obligation to buy for 25m and don’t want to. Handsome bastard though.

Edited by McCormick

Wish we would be in for Domenico Berardi, if we're snooping around Sassuolo (perhaps while looking at Scamacca). He's exactly what we need right now - direct, pacy, hardworking RW with an eye for a goal and an assist. Amazingly, a one-club man all his career.

12 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Wish we would be in for Domenico Berardi, if we're snooping around Sassuolo (perhaps while looking at Scamacca). He's exactly what we need right now - direct, pacy, hardworking RW with an eye for a goal and an assist. Amazingly, a one-club man all his career.

@Milanistasaid this about him a few days ago: 

“Berardi is slow, ponderous on the ball, the type of player who has amassed stats that people cite without watching him play. He's stuck at Sassuolo for a reason: no big club wants him. Milan need a RW, and we're not interested.”

Wraith (I know I know) had Ben Jacobs on his YouTube show and I just dipped in and out. Says we’ll table a 35m big for diaby to test the water and he’s been told he is interested in coming to newcastle and also later on he says it’s about 50/50 on Eriksen as we are one of 5 clubs in for him 

possibly a lot of shite but thought I’d pass it on as there’s no much else going on