More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Some journalist the other day said that wasn’t accurate. Said we were ready to offer £35m, don’t think they specified a sum that would get it done but they were making out it would be a fair amount less than £60m

Ben Jacobs 

Not sure if we'll get him anyway but bit worried about those stats on him not doing defensive work. Already have that issue with ASM on other side not sure can deal with another on other side would impact any high press.

Both Diaby & Raphina are going to cost North of 60 mil. Would take both in a heartbeat and that area is the most important to fill with quality, but can't see either of them coming, especially with the others that are in for them and they will be starters at those clubs. Any other players of interest who are of the like? Asensio has been mentioned, T Hazard too, rodrygo. 

Richarlison off to Chelsea by the sounds of it, was never sure about him and his attitude. I'd certainly have Raphina here though, I don't like his over the top play acting and all that stuff (similar to Richarlison) but I actually think he has more footballing ability.

He might scowl a lot and spend a ton of time rolling about but his attitude on the pitch is excellent, he gives a lot for his team and was one of their very few good players from last season

Imagine a team of:

Pope

Trippier    Schar    Botman   Targett

Bruno    Joelinton

Raphinha         Erikson            ASM

Wilson

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Raphinha vs Diaby (last season)

/ Diaby was deadly last season; 13 goals and 12 assists beats Raphinha's 11 and 3 comfortably

/ Diaby scored those 13 from far fewer shots than Raphinha (53/85). This could be to do with the latter's efforts mostly coming from outside the box, unlike the former. 

/ Diaby is a far more accurate passer, completing 74.6% compared to Raphinha's  63.8%. 

/ Where Diaby's chance creation typically comes from in-game passes, Raphinha likes to create from dribbles. He also takes far more set pieces. 

/ Raphinha is easily more comfortable with defensive actions; tackles are 54-19 and blocks are 59-12. He also has a lot more touches in that opposition penalty area (48-6).

/ Raphinha is competent in the air (40.3% of duels won), but it's not really Diaby's game (26.3%).

Summary: Diaby is an out-and-out attacker with the returns to match, whereas Raphinha is a more traditional winger but who likes a dig from range. 

These types of comparisons are misleading when comparing a player who played for the team finishing 17th in the PL to a player in the team that finished 3rd in the Bundesliga.  Big differences in the quality of team mate and quality of opposition.  

like Raphinha is a massive creator. His expected Xa is 7 vs Diaby’s Xa of 9. And Raphinha is doing that in one of the weakest teams in the division while Diaby has those stats from one of the strongest. And obviously Raphs team mates didn’t tuck his potential assists away whilst Diaby’s over performed. 

Goalscoring wise Raphinha is pretty poor 1v1 or from better opportunities.  He scores a fair amount of his goals from penalties and strikes from distance. IMO Hes more of a playmaker than a forward but that’s not obvious from the goals and assists. 

I would love Raphinha. Never seen Diaby but I’m dubious of attackers Coming from Bundesliga with great stats. Werner, Havertz, Bailey, Sancho etc. I like Sancho - but I don’t seem him doing 15+ goals 15+ assists in the EPL like he did in Bundesliga. I hope he proves me wrong but atm I don’t see it. I’d be happy with 10+ each for the lad. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Imagine a team of:

Pope

Trippier    Schar    Botman   Targett

Bruno    Joelinton

Raphinha         Erikson            ASM

Wilson

Never heard of this cunt.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

These types of comparisons are misleading when comparing a player who played for the team finishing 17th in the PL to a player in the team that finished 3rd in the Bundesliga.  Big differences in the quality of team mate and quality of opposition.  

like Raphinha is a massive creator. His expected Xa is 7 vs Diaby’s Xa of 9. And Raphinha is doing that in one of the weakest teams in the division while Diaby has those stats from one of the strongest. And obviously Raphs team mates didn’t tuck his potential assists away whilst Diaby’s over performed. 

Goalscoring wise Raphinha is pretty poor 1v1 or from better opportunities.  He scores a fair amount of his goals from penalties and strikes from distance. IMO Hes more of a playmaker than a forward but that’s not obvious from the goals and assists. 

I would love Raphinha. Never seen Diaby but I’m dubious of attackers Coming from Bundesliga with great stats. Werner, Havertz, Bailey, Sancho etc. I like Sancho - but I don’t seem him doing 15+ goals 15+ assists in the EPL like he did in Bundesliga. I hope he proves me wrong but atm I don’t see it. I’d be happy with 10+ each for the lad. 

Raphinha is twice the player Diaby is and that’s based on having seen 0 of Diaby since he left PSG. Signing Raphinha is all I want.

He loves being the barer of bad news like, and actively looks to dent any positivity. Hes also states "Not much money left to spend", so I look forward to us putting a £35m bid in for Diaby in a couple of days.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Follow up is even worse. No money and Harrison main target. 

I can't see how Harrison is realistic. Leeds will have brought in £100m minimum through Philips and Raphinia so will be asking stupid money for him.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

He loves being the barer of bad news like, and actively looks to dent any positivity. Hes also states "Not much money left to spend", so I look forward to us putting a £35m bid in for Diaby in a couple of days.

If there's a big gap between signings now and fans start getting impatient (like what happened inbetween us signing Wood and Bruno) watch what he does. Guarantee it'll be something contrarian and positive.

He's the most extremely divorced man I've ever encountered. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Harrison would be great; not quite Raphinha levels but I doubt he’s a realistic signing anyway.

We do have a budget, people need to stop getting so sensitive when he highlights that. Looks like the Ekitike deal falling through has hurt us slightly, looked liked we’d be getting an FFP- friendly deal with regards to payments. Not sure we’d be able to swing that with other targets.

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I can't see how Harrison is realistic. Leeds will have brought in £100m minimum through Philips and Raphinia so will be asking stupid money for him.

I'm quite excited to see who we move onto after Ekiteke, but one thing that would piss me off is if we are chasing impossible signings. If Harrison or Raphina are realistic targets, then great. But I don't want to spend a month with us playing maybe only to be told no deal at the end of it.