More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Our Ekitike bid was accepted, and also publicly stated by the Reims owner as being higher than the Milan bid. If the player doesn’t want to come, it’s nothing to do with negotiating. Our owners still have to work within FFP, which due to the previous owner has been neglected beyond belief- as such any wealth is meaningless because we can’t just go out and spend it.

But you probably know all this. 

The facts are that fans are all in and showing this with their actions too: shirts and merchandise sales are probably as high as they’ve been since the Keegan era, clamour for tickets or memberships hasn’t been as prominent since the 90’s therefore when we are spending all this money to back the team we will expect signings especially when it’s evident short term the team needs them and long term the team has to have them if we retain Bruno and Botman.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Okay, so the actual reality is you don't even know who we've bid for, or whether or not we've been knocked back, but carry on.

I’m actually probably more aware than you give me credit for however crack on!!

1 minute ago, Yelevats said:

I’m actually probably more aware than you give me credit for however crack on!!

If that's true, then fair enough.

When all is said and done this window we'll have the players we need. Under MA and Charnley, we just made offers that wouldn't be accepted until the window closed and we got no one in, so not sure how the current ownership could ever compare to that.

4 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

The facts are that fans are all in and showing this with their actions too: shirts and merchandise sales are probably as high as they’ve been since the Keegan era, clamour for tickets or memberships hasn’t been as prominent since the 90’s therefore when we are spending all this money to back the team we will expect signings especially when it’s evident short term the team needs them and long term the team has to have them if we retain Bruno and Botman.

And the facts are that we have already spent a load of money on signings, both in Jan (the highest in Europe iirc) and already so far this summer. With undoubtedly more to come. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If that's true, then fair enough.

When all is said and done this window we'll have the players we need. Under MA and Charnley, we just made offers that wouldn't be accepted until the window closed and we got no one in, so not sure how the current ownership could ever compare to that.

How confident are you that we’ll get:

CF

RW

as a minimum because I think we need a dynamic central midfielder too.

I get that we are making bids however players have value and we seem to be always shooting lower than the perceived value of the entity. 

it’s like going into Waitrose and offering lower than the value the seller wants , your always going to get a no. Just give the sellers what they need and get what we need. if that happened I’m sure we’d all be more content 

1 minute ago, Yelevats said:

CF

RW

I get that we are making bids however players have value and we seem to be always shooting lower than the perceived value of the entity. 

it’s like going into Waitrose and offering lower than the value the seller wants , your always going to get a no. Just give the sellers what they need and get what we need. if that happened I’m sure we’d all be more content 

We aren't, as proved with Botman and Ekitike we are bidding more, probably more than their actual worth, but because its us they are trying to have our eyes out and I'm quite happy the club are saying  get stuffed as there will come a point when selling clubs realise we'll move on and best take the offer when it's there.

7 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

CF

RW

Just paying whatever means we'll have our eyes taken out and we'll only be able to bring in one or two as oppose to 4 or 5. Or am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

CF

RW

It is a foolproof policy mind - just give the sellers what they want. We'd have a title winning side within THIS WINDOW!

1 minute ago, madras said:

To complete the food shopping analogy, it's like going to the shop and asking how much a tin of beans is and them saying £1 to most people, £10 to a few and £20 to you.

Why is that going to change because I don’t see the wealth of the owners dropping ?

4 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Why is that going to change because I don’t see the wealth of the owners dropping ?

It's because we are being treated even more differently than the Chelseas of this world, add in players may be reticent to come until we are closer to the finished article. Selling clubs are trying us out to see how desperate we'll get. We know we'll pay a premium but only up to so far.

49 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

CF

RW

I am confident we will get all three.

We are negotiating, as every club does, based on what the buying club perceives the value of the player to be. You don't base a players value on whatever the selling club determines it to be man. That's basic stuff! Ultimately they then meet somewhere in the middle or both parties walk away.

We will negotiate up until a certain point in the window, depending on how far in the window we are willing to go, and then will decide when we ultimately buy the players we are most happy paying for.

£30m is steep for the Salzburg kid...... basically, not much Sesko Value.

(that pun may have been used already but fuck it, every daily visit to this thread brings another 30 bloody pages :lol: )

Edited by Ketsbaia

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

£30m is steep for the Salzburg kid...... basically, not much Sesko Value.

(might've been used already but fuck it, every daily visit to this thread brings another 30 bloody pages :lol: )

Rumour has it they turned down 20mill Euro from Spurs a week or so back.

I'm happy with our current transfer situation, for the continuity of the team I would like our transfers done before the last two friendlies, however I can totally understand that better deals will be done the closer you get to the window closing and clubs will panic with time closing in and cash on the table.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm happy with our current transfer situation, for the continuity of the team I would like our transfers done before the last two friendlies, however I can totally understand that better deals will be done the closer you get to the window closing and clubs will panic with time closing in and cash on the table.

Loan deals especially are more and more likely the closer you get the the end of the window. I think we'll see minimum 1 loan perhaps 2 if it has a good option to buy built in.

8 hours ago, Yelevats said:

This is a parody account isn’t it?

Either way I’ve just been to Waitrose and tried the bartering system and he’s right it didn’t work. However, someone outside the shop said they were an agent for Waitrose and wanted £120 for a banana so I bought it. Result!