More transfer rumours

midds

On 14/03/2022 at 00:45, nufc123 said:

Yes but we are going nowhere with Murphy and Almiron because Maximin and Fraser are going to miss many games. So will Wilson. Striker and wide player is a must over everything.

I agree with this. 

I was saying to a mate last night. Whilst you would like another CB to come in and a DM. The starting defence and the midfield options look pretty strong by our current standards, I think. Yet our front 3 is just toothless when it comes to goals and regularly creating chances. 

A centre forward that is fit for more than half a season and a wide forward type should be priority and I think they will be. 

You’d massively upgrade the team with a GK, DM and two new attacking players. 

I think Thursday night showed we need a real DM so Bruno can push further forward, can’t help but feel he’s a bit wasted in that role. If we could get Nunez and the lad from Leverkusen I think we’d be set in the forward positions.

21 minutes ago, Newintoon said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10630029/amp/Newcastle-eyeing-200MILLION-PSGs-Neymar-battle-Man-City-signature.html

I don’t think Neymar is going to take a year out from the champions league and £200 million for a 30yr old seems excessive but if they want to spend that who am I to argue ? 

edit - thinking about it what a waste of money this would be, we havnt got unlimited funds before ffp would catch up with us.  Although obviously bullshit what’s the most u would pay for him.

We could contest FFP after how reportedly Everton are being consulted and managed rather than given the expected penalty.

Fuck it, bring him in.

Edited by Sima

58 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I agree with this. 

I was saying to a mate last night. Whilst you would like another CB to come in and a DM. The starting defence and the midfield options look pretty strong by our current standards, I think. Yet our front 3 is just toothless when it comes to goals and regularly creating chances. 

A centre forward that is fit for more than half a season and a wide forward type should be priority and I think they will be. 

You’d massively upgrade the team with a GK, DM and two new attacking players. 

Yeah my hope is that we'll spend big on two wide players and a centre forward this summer. 

Wilson and ASM gives us a nice group of five battling for three starting spots and then some actual quality on the bench.

Wood as emergency third choice striker would be OK for a year or two.

Fraser fourth choice wide man.

Add a new GK, CB and CM and I'd be very excited to see what the squad could do next season.

It's just accepted that we're gonna go balls to the wall and spend a fortune, right? :lol:

I hope so. Considering what we spent in January just to stay up, plus the deals involving big money that didn’t quite come off (Lingard, Botman, Carlos etc). Then if the owners are serious about kicking on. Surely we’ll be spending £100m plus in the summer? 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If we could get Nunez and the lad from Leverkusen I think we’d be set in the forward positions.

The two players i would go for. Think we have a good chance on Nunez. Who are going to pay what Benfica are asking for? Arsenal and maybe West Ham. Dortmund will be looking for a striker. Diaby may be more difficult. Both would go for £50m-60m. Kamara for "free" and maybe Botman. Close to 1.5 then..

43 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

The two players i would go for. Think we have a good chance on Nunez. Who are going to pay what Benfica are asking for? Arsenal and maybe West Ham. Dortmund will be looking for a striker. Diaby may be more difficult. Both would go for £50m-60m. Kamara for "free" and maybe Botman. Close to 1.5 then..

Man Utd have been linked with Nunez too, and could easily afford the fee, even more so if Ronaldo leaves. 

48 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Would you bin off ASM for Moussa Diaby or keep him as backup? ASM probably won't be happy being backup, to be fair.

Would bin Maximin for Diaby. Not a big problem really. Both can play on either side.

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Would you bin off ASM for Moussa Diaby or keep him as backup? ASM probably won't be happy being backup, to be fair.

Why can’t we keep ASM and sign another wide man and finally build a squad ?

January was about making us solid, be hard to beat and that has proven to be the case. 

Assuming we stay up then the summer has to be about sorting that front three out.

Both against Chelsea and Everton we played well in parts but were let down by a lack of cutting edge.

Get a top striker and winger in and that suddenly changes. 

Just imagine Nunez and Diaby in our side, would be quite transformative. 

10 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

We'll spend up to or about 150M this summer I reckon, with the largest percentage of that being on forwards.

CB

LB (Targett?)

CDM

RW/LW

CF

With maybe a few cheaper youngsters/loans here and there. I think 6/7/8 in total. 

Reckon it will be more like 90, not including Targett, but bare in mind I expect we might get at least one free signing.

If we get Lingard, that gives us more finance to spend on fewer players.

We don't want to be held over a barrel for previous targets like Botman or Carlos.

Not sure everyone else’s opinion on him, but I hope we stay well clear of Carlos. I wasn’t too keen on us getting him in January but understood the need we had. Certainly think if we stay up we can get younger and better targets