More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Since August 2019, Calvert Lewin has managed only 93 more league minutes than Callum Wilson. For the same money, easily north of 50M, you probably get Raphinha, so no thanks.

Ekitike for me! A double punt on Ekitete and Brereton Diaz would be cool too.

Agree Calvert Lewin is a no no. Dont think Ekitike or Diaz is good enough. Nunez and Schick have both done things in CL, league and national team. Much safer options.

14 minutes ago, madras said:

So more or less every position on the field bar FB (strange unless Targett is agreed).

And that's names mentioned to you, fairly sure in their position I'd be a bit more secretive.

Targett is agreed for £15m isn’t he? All media reports suggest that’s the case. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-newcastle-matt-targett-23380512.amp

Someone would need to talk me into wanting Werner like. I remember putting him in my World Cup fantasy team based purely on his stats running up to it and he was dreadful. Since then I haven't seen anything better from him, only missing sitters and being perpetually offside. 

Despite having finalised a shortlist prior to January, only Trippier was mentioned before the window opened. There will be absolutely loads of guesswork 

Surely the priority will have to be anyone they want to being in who is out of contract and even then we'll have to guarantee survival?

58 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It makes sense that Botman may now just be one of many targets, rather than the number 1 CB target. He had that status in Jan thanks to a combo of ability & us having no other left footed CBs. Now we have Burn we don't have to focus quite so specifically on left sided centre backs. 

Werner is a player that makes lots of goal scoring opportunities with his pace but is a very poor finisher. There was an article in the press either just before he signed for Chelsea or just after explaining why, something to do with his technique I remember. Since he signed for Chelsea he's gone backwards. At the moment we are not a team that has many chances and watching him miss the few we do have would not make for pleasant watching.

24 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

What's interesting about this, is that it is absolutely the sort of move I could see us doing, even if we sign Targett. He fits our profile entirely and there is a strong possibility that he wants to be closer to home.

I don't normally believe that Romano bloke but this is one to watch IMO.

There's going to be times when we sign young talented players, even when the position they play in no longer seems like a priority.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Someone would need to talk me into wanting Werner like. I remember putting him in my World Cup fantasy team based purely on his stats running up to it and he was dreadful. Since then I haven't seen anything better from him, only missing sitters and being perpetually offside. 

I have no doubt Eddie will call you in June to discuss 

18 minutes ago, STM said:

What's interesting about this, is that it is absolutely the sort of move I could see us doing, even if we sign Targett. He fits our profile entirely and there is a strong possibility that he wants to be closer to home.

I don't normally believe that Romano bloke but this is one to watch IMO.

There's going to be times when we sign young talented players, even when the position they play in no longer seems like a priority.

Why do you not believe Romano normally?

46 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Thought Isak was supposed to be absolutely class but just checked and he's scored only four league goals this season. Schick and Nunez's stats are both excellent. 

Nunez should be target number one. Second should be Schick. Calvert Lewin is a good player but its pointless because hes got the same problem as Wilson. Isak is a talent for sure but we need a top goalscorer.