More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, JeffJ said:

We "evolve" but we don't "revolve".

Or vice-versa.

I suppose what you're trying to say is, you don't want another Man City on your hands.

Yes we do.

Eddie's your man. 

Actually glad the World Cup isn't this summer. Full focus on getting players in without the hassle of that to delay and interrupt the situation.

6 players are essential I think. Half a new starting 11 basically.

GK - Henderson 

CB - Botman

LB - Targett

CM - Phillips

ST - Nunez

RW - Antony

That would be the minimum I would expect and then perhaps a couple of youngsters depending how many if the current squad are sold/released.

Well Bailey is saying one thing before going safe: It is believed that day-to-day bosses Amanda Staveley and her husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi are setting a budget of around £100m for the summer, but we are told that majority owners Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund have also made it clear that funds are, and will always be, available for any 'marquee' signings.

So no one really knows the budget. We have £100m to spend but we also might spend another £50m or 100 or nothing.

Guest HTT II

I think their strategy will be similar to January. They will be willing to spend mega money on say a Botman if they can, but adequate money on a back up if needed like they did with Burn. I also think they will look at releases clauses and free transfers and also be prepared to spend big on a kid with potential like with the French lad. My worry is if PIF want a marquee signing which I’m confident they will be more than willing to fork out for, how much a say Howe will have in that and how such a player would fit in with the whole philosophy he’s creating and wants to go with. I can see us spending record money for us on a CF, maybe DCL or Nunez, 50-60m + perhaps. I think we will spend over 100m, including money from sales in that.

3 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Henderson £20m

Botman £35m

Targett £15m

Lingard (Free)

Decent striker £30m-£50m

Marquee: Paqueta £50m

Job done 

I like that list!

Would like Darwin Nuñez to be the striker and also wouldn't mind Boubacar Kamara on a free.

Guest HTT II
51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not declaring a budget is a good thing.

Much like January it should be on a deal by deal basis. We were willing to go to £35m for Carlos then spent less than half on Burn.

My only hope is that we don't have to go the Burn & Wood route to fill numbers in the squad.

Signing Wood for 25m shows that in reality, money won’t be an object for the new owners, it also shows a trust in Howe and not being averse to the odd risk take, given Wood’s age, likely poor resale value and his limitations as a CF. They basically, yet intelligently as it’s turning out, were willing to do what it took to bring in the players to keep us up. Next stop is top 6 for these next season IMO and our spend will reflect that aim.

Guest HTT II

I’d leave the GK position alone for now unless we could get an upgrade on loan and I’d give Leeds 100m for both Phillips and Raphina and I’d give 50m for DCL. That along with say Targett signed up and Lingard on a free would improve us massively. Try and recoup 20m + in sales.

Guest HTT II

Having said that, I’m sure the likes of Howe have and can identify players like Phillips, Raphina and DCL for less money shopping abroad.

The only players from these shores who I've seen linked, who make sense, are the likes of Bissouma, Sarr etc. Mainly because we will pay the wages for players on their way up in the game, rather than picking off squad players from Chelsea etc.

I suggested Werner yesterday, but as some have pointed out, it just makes no sense, when we have just signed Bruno and given him a wage half of what Werner is on.

For every "star" that we could sign, we'd be better off signing two potential "stars" and build a solid squad.

I could absolutely see us paying 35m for Bissouma and giving him 80k a week IMO.

DUBS 

HENDERSON/LENO 

DARLOW/WOODMAN 

TRIPS                                   SCHAR                       BOTMAN/GVARDIOL             TARGETT 

MANQUILLO                       LASCELLES                         BURN                              HICKEY 

BRUNO                     K.PHILLIPS/BISOUMMA

JOELINTON                          SHELVEY 

S.LONGSTAFF

FRASER                                                 PAQUETA                                                  ASM 

MURPHY                                               WILLOCK                                                  DIABY

E.ANDERSON  

NUNEZ/WERNER 

WILSON 

WOOD  

:pedro: 

Imagine. Feel like i'm already getting carried away.

There's 26 here give or take the likes of Lascelles or Anderson but i feel like our squad could look something like this next season.

8 minutes ago, TRC said:

Favourites for Rodyrgo at Real Madrid according to the Mirror.

Not a fan.

I wouldn't mind a loan for Werner. Pay half the wages, agreedd price for option to buy. Probably £20m all in for the season (loan fee + proportion of wages). If it works, throw in another £30m for a transfer - if not - let him go.

Chelsea can't shift him this summer anyway unless Bayern want him. A loan to restore his value is probably the best bet and we should negotiate a buy-price at the start.

6 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

DUBS 

HENDERSON/LENO 

DARLOW/WOODMAN 

TRIPS                                   SCHAR                       BOTMAN/GVARDIOL             TARGETT 

MANQUILLO                       LASCELLES                         BURN                              HICKEY 

BRUNO                     K.PHILLIPS/BISOUMMA

JOELINTON                          SHELVEY 

S.LONGSTAFF

FRASER                                                 PAQUETA                                                  ASM 

MURPHY                                               WILLOCK                                                  DIABY

E.ANDERSON  

NUNEZ/WERNER 

WILSON 

WOOD  

:pedro: 

Imagine. Feel like i'm already getting carried away.

There's 26 here give or take the likes of Lascelles or Anderson but i feel like our squad could look something like this next season.

Glaring lack of quality at RW there.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not a fan.

I wouldn't mind a loan for Werner. Pay half the wages, agreedd price for option to buy. Probably £20m all in for the season (loan fee + proportion of wages). If it works, throw in another £30m for a transfer - if not - let him go.

Chelsea can't shift him this summer anyway unless Bayern want him. A loan to restore his value is probably the best bet and we should negotiate a buy-price at the start.

Marina wouldn't agree to the buy price unless it was an obligation. New owner and management will take awhile to learn about.

random - Chelsea drove the hardest deals with loan players under Marina. Especially the young players. They force the young players to sign new contracts when they go and get first-team loans or they'll let them rot in the reserves. So Gallacher's contract runs until 2025 now, so now he's a success if they want to sell him they get a massive transfer fee. If it doesn't work out, they know he's talented, sign for another year and go back on loan. That's why Keneddy is still there, he's been there since 2015 - they keep making him sign new contracts ffs. They'll never get a fee for him. But when it works, it's great for them. Which is why it's great fun that their 2 most valuable CBs will leave for free.

Edited by The College Dropout

Goalkeeper: Someone on loan with an option to buy. 

Fullback: Hickey, young with tons of potential, can play many roles. There will be injuries and it’s good to be able to rotate too. Manquillo is good as on of four. 

CB: Someone classy, CL level.

CM: Florian Grillitch on a free

AMC: Paqueta (not sure if he’s a Howe kind of player though)

RW: Pino from Villarreal. Would cost a lot. 5-6 years younger than Raphinha and wouldn’t cost near as much in wages. I also think he’ll be a better player in a year or so. 

Striker: no idea really. He’s not young anymore but if we could get someone like Zapata in on loan with an option to buy it would be class. Even if the loan itself costs quite a bit. Or just buy him for a decent price instead of splashing 60m on someone not as proven. 

Can’t see us signing quite as many as 7 players. Also the CB, AMC, RW and striker combined would cost a bomb :lol: Unless we can get a older one like Zapata for decent money (30m) (we spent on Wood) 

Edited by Ikon

28 minutes ago, TRC said:

Favourites for Rodyrgo at Real Madrid according to the Mirror.

Interesting that this originally came from "sport" the Spanish outlet, which has no mention of Newcastle. 

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/madrid-vendera-rodrygo-40-millones-13445602

However, there's another link further down which suggests we are trying to gazump Villa for Coutinho. The only way this could happen is if Villa can't afford the wages, and Bruno has had a word with him.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/newcastle-dispuesto-pagar-millonada-barca-13456781