More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

We’re signing players on their way up, not those past their prime.

Will be staggered if that one is anything other than absolutely 100% steaming bullshit.

We just signed Trippier, Woods and Burn.

We should break the bank for a top centre back and striker this summer, after that I’d be happy with potential like Johnson and Hickey in other positions. This summer represents the chance to get a top striker like Nunez, Isak, Osimhen or Martinez. 

I’d love the likes of Diaby, Antony or Paqueta aswell, but they’d be an absolute icing on the cake signing if we get a top CB and striker.

28 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Burn isnt past his prime. Trippier is a full England international, leader and all around a great personality to have around the squad - he was signed for an initial £12m and is on under 100k a week. Wood was signed because of circumstance rather than on his individual ability, although he has done his job. 

Coutinho would want 200k a week and has been happy enough to take his money and sit on Barcas bench for the last 2 years, hes not the type of player/personality we will sign.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d 100% want Coutinho, still one of the best players in his position in the world.

He was so anonymous against us mind… 

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Burn isnt past his prime. Trippier is a full England international, leader and all around a great personality to have around the squad - he was signed for an initial £12m and is on under 100k a week. Wood was signed because of circumstance rather than on his individual ability, although he has done his job. 

Coutinho would want 200k a week and has been happy enough to take his money and sit on Barcas bench for the last 2 years, hes not the type of player/personality we will sign.

Burn is older than Coutinho. Can’t you just acknowledge the other guy’s right and move on? :lol:

You just signed some guys to get you out of a tight spot. Sure, you will probably change your approach now, but that’s not what you said.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Howe doesnt play with a 10 though - so coutinho would be playing deeper.

Dont think he could play at his best in the hustle and bustle of central midfield.

If he moves to a 4-4-1-1  he might fancy Coutinho in behind the striker. That said, I don't think he fits the profile of players that we'll be looking at.

8 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Burn is older than Coutinho. Can’t you just acknowledge the other guy’s right and move on? :lol:

You just signed some guys to get you out of a tight spot. Sure, you will probably change your approach now, but that’s not what you said.

Burn is also a CB, if you have been watching football for 5 minutes you will know that CBs generally peak later than attacking midfielders/#10s and especially ones that just sat on the bench during their peak years (a position that we currently dont play btw).

I understand peoples desire of 'big names' but we will not go down that route.

Edited by Nine

Just now, The Prophet said:

If he moves to a 4-4-1-1  he might fancy Coutinho in behind the striker. That said, I don't think he fits the profile of players that we'll be looking at.

No i dont either.

I get that Howe might want to play a different way once we have better players throughout the squad but at the moment, Id say players in his wage bracket are beyond us.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

No i dont either.

I get that Howe might want to play a different way once we have better players throughout the squad but at the moment, Id say players in his wage bracket are beyond us.

I thought we were the richest club in the world

3 hours ago, Nine said:

:lol: Happy enough to take his money and sit on Barcas bench for the last 2 years and not the personality we will sign? Coutinho has always been a very good character. Never heard anyone say anything bad about his personality. 

Also, the two years prior to moving to Villa he played for Bayern (where he was mostly used off the bench if I remember it correctly but still scored 11 goals that season). After that he missed over 8 months due to a knee injury. He did look lost for Barcelona at times, but he was at the club during a period of shambles. The Coutinho at Aston Villa is once again one of the best players in the league. I probably would prefer other players over him, but saying no to Coutinho if the owners want to splash the cash would be quite insane. 

Coutinho Bruno Joelinton in midfield would be dreamy.

11 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle United want to sign 29-year-old Barcelona and Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, currently on loan at Aston Villa.(Sport)

I'd rather not. He's one of those players who really needs a team built around them.  He's doing well at Villa as they already had a team semi built/used to playing with a player like him in Grealish. I feel he wouldn't do that well at Newcastle as the players we have wouldn't compliment him so well.

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: Happy enough to take his money and sit on Barcas bench for the last 2 years and not the personality we will sign? Coutinho has always been a very good character. Never heard anyone say anything bad about his personality. 

Also, the two years prior to moving to Villa he played for Bayern (where he was mostly used off the bench if I remember it correctly but still scored 11 goals that season). After that he missed over 8 months due to a knee injury. He did look lost for Barcelona at times, but he was at the club during a period of shambles. The Coutinho at Aston Villa is once again one of the best players in the league. I probably would prefer other players over him, but saying no to Coutinho if the owners want to splash the cash would be quite insane. 

Coutinho Bruno Joelinton in midfield would be dreamy.

So did he not sit on the bench for 2 years during his prime at Barca? Doesnt exactly strike you as a player that regained the hunger he had at Liverpool does it? [emoji38] Im sure hes a decent lad all told but that speaks volumes tbh, hes done decently at Villa since coming in but its a short stint there which he probably hopes will trigger a bigger club coming in for him. In footballing terms is a luxury #10 player as well, not the type of position we look anything like utilising from what we've seen from Howe so far.

This convo is pointless anyway because as I said hes outside our wage bracket. I get that alot of fans will want him (big name, previous success) and will look for reasons why the transfer would make sense but at 200k odd a week it just doesnt. Also its amusing to see that its already silly season around here, I've seen some lately that have seriously wanted Ben Arfa back [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I thought we were the richest club in the world

Doesnt matter. The wage bill should grow organically.

If Coutinho came in on 200k or 250k or whatever, how long before ASM wants the same, or Wilson, or Bruno Gibberish?

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

You really don't see the difference between the January transfer window and this coming summer window?

I'd rather have Paqueta than Coutihno I think. If Coutihno was available for the right terms then sure, but I think Paqueta would be similar wages to Bruno plus they're already used to linking up

Edited by xLiaaamx

13 minutes ago, Teasy said:

You really don't see the difference between the January transfer window and this coming summer window?

Yeah, but I'm mot sure why we wouldn't go after one or two experienced heads if available? 

10 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Yeah, but I'm mot sure why we wouldn't go after one or two experienced heads if available? 

We could, as long as the deal fits in with our wage structure.