More transfer rumours

midds

On 03/04/2022 at 12:34, joeyt said:

Don’t see Brighton all that often. But he always looks like he has a howler in him and seems rash. The Wilson red he was in no man’s land, should have been sent off against Liverpool and I might be remembering it wrong. But I’m sure he has had some blooper reel errors for goals?

If it is true that we are interested. I’m guessing it is due to him being able to play out from the back and Howe wanting us to change style even more for next season. 

12 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Newcastle are  looking at everyone.........papers gotta sell and clicks have to be maintained.

If you thought January was bad for reporters using us for clicks/to shift papers the Summer is going to be on a whole other level. Don't believe anything till they're holding the shirt. 

Also, while we're on. If we're talking about stealing continental keepers from mid-table sides, give me Jose Sa at Wolves over anyone already mentioned.

We've been talking to Phillips since January according to my mate (Leeds fan). He can't see him signing for anyone but us. Pinch of salt, but would be a great replacement for Shelvey (as would a pinch of salt given how he played against Spurs).

3 hours ago, Flip said:

Paqueta can play many positions. For the national side he has been used as a winger, striker, box to box and second striker. His playing style is not similar to Coutinho at all. Paqueta is a bit more technical and brute force, while Coutinho is the classic #10 with creativity and flair. Paqueta is far from a luxury player as his work rate is unbelievable, or at least for the national side. Seen him only once or twice for Lyon so no idea how he plays there.

Fair enough then, admittedly I have never seen him play. Sounds like he could fit int our side.

8 hours ago, Flip said:

Paqueta can play many positions. For the national side he has been used as a winger, striker, box to box and second striker. His playing style is not similar to Coutinho at all. Paqueta is a bit more technical and brute force, while Coutinho is the classic #10 with creativity and flair. Paqueta is far from a luxury player as his work rate is unbelievable, or at least for the national side. Seen him only once or twice for Lyon so no idea how he plays there.

Paqueta and Bruno G in our midfield together next season PLZ

I’d change the system if it meant linking Paqueta up with Bruno. I’m sure Howe isn’t adverse to a 4-2-3-1 and has used it before. If St Max rumours have any substance that would boost the kitty aswell. 

Bruno - Phillips/Kamara/Gueye

St Max/Antony - Paqueta - Diaby

Nunez

Newcastle United are open to selling French forward Allan Saint-Maximin, 25, in the summer. (90min)

Newcastle have made Reims' 19-year-old French striker Hugo Ekitike their top attacking target this summer. (Football Insider)

The Magpies have set out a seven-player transfer wishlist which also includes Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25. (Mirror)

But Newcastle are set to miss out on one target as AC Milan have agreed terms with Lille's 22-year-old Dutch centre-back Sven Botman following talks in the last week. (90min)

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

DCL is a very decent player, but unless they sync their injuries we can't afford to have him and Wilson sat on the treatment table for half of the season.

Yeah if he wasn’t injury prone as well he’d be perfect. 

As long as Transfer Markt is accurate, is the below really that bad a history? Don't know the circumstances of each but it's not like there's anything specific recurring, and the only particularly long layoff was a fractured toe, which isn't exactly an 'injury-prone' type incident.

21/22 Fractured Toe      Aug 28, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021 - 125 days - 16 games missed

20/21 Hamstring Injury  Feb 11, 2021 - Feb 19, 2021   - 8 days     - 2 games missed

20/21 Muscle Injury       Jan 2, 2021 - Jan 26, 2021    - 24 days   - 3 games missed

18/19 Bruise                   May 5, 2019 - May 31, 2019   - 26 days   - 1 games missed

17/18 Back Injury           Apr 23, 2018 - Jun 30, 2018   - 68 days  - 4 games missed

16/17 Ankle Injury         Jan 2, 2017 - Feb 25, 2017      - 54 days  - 8 games missed

Guest HTT II

I personally think he has it all and would be a great signing, power, heading ability, pace, can finish with either foot, can play off the last man or against the defender or in the box, I’d rather we overspent on someone more proven in Abraham mind, but DCL has it all.

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

Agree, he’s insanely good in the air. Really one of the best in the prem. 

Aye, I’m not sure it’s Howe’s game to get crosses in to the box always, but if so, he’s one of the best.