More transfer rumours

midds

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be honest Grand Old Team absolutely despise all their players apart from the molerat Anthony Gordon, their forum is a great place to spend some time when you need a pick-me-up

He’s absolutely shite too. Fawning over him simply because he’s “a local lad”.

Can confirm Grand Old Team has been a hilarious way to waste a quiet afternoon at work for a good few weeks now. Perpetual state of multiple meltdowns. Team's shite. Russian funding. Stadium development potentially stalled. FFP breaches. It really does have it all. 

He turns 30 this year, and he really isn't that great. A big NO from me. 

Watford look like they will be going down and if we stay up then I'd have both Sarr and Emmanuel Dennis in ahead of him. If Burnley drop down, Cornet ahead of him too.

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Would we take Zaha?

I'm not sure he would want to join mind. And we would likely only match his wages.

I’d take anyone like that, because we need to think of a squad rather than our first 11. Our squad is atrocious.

Zaha is better than Matt Ritchie or Jacob Murphy, for example.

We unfortunately can’t buy 18 players in the summer, but it’s at the stage where pretty much anyone is an improvement on what we’ve got.

He's one that could have probably gone to a big club, and hit the heights. Not sure we should be the ones to give him one last chance. We've got ASM, with an extra 5 years, or so, left on the clock. I think ASM has a lot more ambition than Zaha ever demonstrated. All I seem to remember about Zaha was the appetite for a bigger contract, but I might be off the mark.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’d take anyone like that, because we need to think of a squad rather than our first 11. Our squad is atrocious.

Zaha is better than Matt Ritchie or Jacob Murphy, for example.

We unfortunately can’t buy 18 players in the summer, but it’s at the stage where pretty much anyone is an improvement on what we’ve got.

Now more than ever, we shouldn't just be taking anyone. 

We really can't end up being saddled with expensive dross like Everton have.

We shouldn't be going anywhere near Zaha. Please God, no.

I wouldn't prioritise current Premier League players. It's convenience shopping. If we look at Man City's most influential players in the last decade - David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero - they were all imported. 

You'll need tot do some shopping domestically for the spine in time, but as we've seen in January you're getting so much more value abroad than you are in England. We have a solid core of reliable English lads, it's about adding those game changers. 

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I wouldn't prioritise current Premier League players. It's convenience shopping. If we look at Man City's most influential players in the last decade - David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero - they were all imported. 

You'll need tot do some shopping domestically for the spine in time, but as we've seen in January you're getting so much more value abroad than you are in England. We have a solid core of reliable English lads, it's about adding those game changers. 

I've been that disenfranchised with football, for so long, I was going to recommend Charlie Mulgrew.

Newcastle and West Ham are keen to sign Union Berlin and Nigeria striker Taiwo Awoniyi, 24, this summer. (Sun)

Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have been told it will cost them £67m if they want to sign Uruguay striker Darwin Nunez, 22, from Portuguese club Benfica. (Express)

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe says 25-year-old French winger Allan Saint-Maximin has a future at the club despite links with a move away. (90 Min)

Newcastle have shown an interest in Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 28. (Corriere dello Sport - in Italian)

5 hours ago, TRC said:

I think Nunez is too big to come to us now unfortunately. I'd expect the top 4 to want him

Aye, have a feeling a Champion’s League club might get him, shame as he looks to be perfect age and a real goal scorer.

So many possibilities this summer and good players available though, so it’s easy not to get to hung up on any one player at the minute.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Should have signed him in January..

We tried, supposedly, but both he and the club turned us down..

“According to newspaper O Jogo, Newcastle had him among their January targets, and showed their willingness to spend €50m. That was turned down by Benfica, and the Magpies ‘admitted’ they could raise it to €60m.

That still doesn’t convince the Eagles, who hope the player will be more valued in the summer. But that isn’t the only problem, as Darwin isn’t keen on the transfer either.

O Jogo claims that the striker is not ‘seduced’ with the possibility of joining Newcastle and ‘denied’ the club. The fact the Magpies are currently trying to escape relegation is ‘seen negatively’ by the player.

It’s said the 22-year-old prefers to wait for the summer, as he could have the chance of signing for a club of another level.”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-denies-newcastle-magpies-not-seduce-despite-availability-spend-e60m/

19 hours ago, Thiago said:

Hard disagree here. I do think we need imports but the likes of Sagna, Nasri, Cliche, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Lescott, Adebayor all helped get City to 4th and made other teams in the division weaker as a consequence. 

Aguero and co. join when they finish 5th and get them to 3rd then champions. Aguero, Silva and Toure don’t join a team in our position.  

I think the best strategy is to take the best hungry talent from the division that will join to take us to 5-7 and into Europe. As a core at least. And supplement with the best talent from Europe we can get.  

Zaha would be our best player and can play left or right. Suddenly we are a massive problem on the counter.  

I don’t think we have a solid core of British players. I don’t think any of them get much time in the top half of the PL except Trippier & Wilson.  

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, have a feeling a Champion’s League club might get him, shame as he looks to be perfect age and a real goal scorer.

So many possibilities this summer and good players available though, so it’s easy not to get to hung up on any one player at the minute.

Secure safety early and go in early and aggressive imo.  

We seem to like to dally though.