More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Allow me to dream! no idea who Pedulla is, apparently a well respected journalist.

Let's see if he will accept 120k/week which we would never exceed..... :lol:  

We have been linked alot with him, but could also be to drum up the interest.

has a blue tick - that’ll do for me

Dybala would be the godfather of all statement signings. It would blow Robinho out of the water and then some.

I'd be shocked if it were happen, feels like we are 2 or so years away from a signing like that, just feels too early for us to be signing well established, prime age, elite level Champions League players.

Hojberg is the exact sort of signing I'd expect Everton to make if they were still capable of spending that much. I really really really want us to stay away from other big English club's cast-offs. Surely we can find a random forrin to do what Hojberg does? Tiote for 2.5 mil type signing would do the trick.

Hojberg reminds me of Schneiderlin. Over rated, good for certain team or style, but would struggle elsewhere. Personally I’d rather we go for athleticism and dynamism in the middle to complement a fast paced breakaway attack style, rather than a player who is sluggish and slows the play. 

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Hojberg is the exact sort of signing I'd expect Everton to make if they were still capable of spending that much. I really really really want us to stay away from other big English club's cast-offs. Surely we can find a random forrin to do what Hojberg does? Tiote for 2.5 mil type signing would do the trick.

Tbf he's not a cast-off. He's a regular. BUt I don't rate him like that.

30 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Dybala would be the godfather of all statement signings. It would blow Robinho out of the water and then some.

I'd be shocked if it were happen, feels like we are 2 or so years away from a signing like that, just feels too early for us to be signing well established, prime age, elite level Champions League players.

Don't want it. Massive wages. Injury prone. Been to the top. New league. Luxury player.

He’s a luxury that would be worth it imo. Dybala would be a statement that properly says we are aiming high. One and maybe even the only "luxury" player i'd love us to sign.

Toon is the place to be! He has had injury problems, but when he plays he delivers!

Edited by Ikon

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure what Hojbjerg's role would be within our side. He doesn't have the mobility or intelligence to be an effective DM. He frequently doesn't track runners, plus he gets sidestepped and turned so easily. He doesn't have the passing range or general ability to be playing further up the pitch. All in all, just a bit of a nothing player.

I haven't seen very much of him tbh, but that's my impression at least. He seems like an upgraded version of your Jack Colbacks/Tom Davies . I hope we get someone stronger and faster in midfield.

Think I’d rather get a box to box midfielder to add to Bruno anyway, and a attacking midfielder. With the box to box being very athletic and full of running as well as technical ability. Ideally. Depends on the setup too obviously. Then we would have good depth and a few options. 

Edited by Ikon

Reading that article about Dybala (via Google Translate) - it says "Dybala immediately recorded some polls from Newcastle, Tottenham and Atletico Madrid, memorized them and asked not to proceed" which doesn't sound particularly promising.

A bit of a reach that one.

52 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He’s a luxury that would be worth it imo. Dybala would be a statement that properly says we are aiming high. One and maybe even the only "luxury" player i'd love us to sign.

Toon is the place to be! He has had injury problems, but when he plays he delivers!

I don't believe in luxury players for a club like ours.

For us to improve and build on this season, I think the key upgrades are Shelvey and Fraser.

Beyond that, an alternative (preferably an upgrade) to Wilson is essential, while quality in any other position would be welcome. Personally I'd like to see us bring in another CB, as we lack depth and while Burn has been good, he has his limitations.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For us to improve and build on this season, I think the key upgrades are Shelvey and Fraser.

Beyond that, an alternative (preferably an upgrade) to Wilson is essential, while quality in any other position would be welcome. Personally I'd like to see us bring in another CB, as we lack depth and while Burn has been good, he has his limitations.

Agree with this.  I think a lot of the talk has been around a striker, wide player, CB and goalkeeper.  All guesswork, of course.  But swap GK for DM and I think they are the positions we need to strengthen the most.  

21 hours ago, Manxst said:

Why can we not sign a Paqueta type as well as a DM type to both complement Bruno? Why only a short term signing? The club has been strongly linked to the likes of Haidara, Kamara, Phillips in the past, as well as the more attacking players. I think they’re well aware that we need to strengthen both positions. 

Watching that video of Cannibaga, he's not afraid to come deep. I think Bruno and he would make an interesting pivot. With either Shelvey, or Willock adding the extra dimension where relevant.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Hojberg reminds me of Schneiderlin. Over rated, good for certain team or style, but would struggle elsewhere. Personally I’d rather we go for athleticism and dynamism in the middle to complement a fast paced breakaway attack style, rather than a player who is sluggish and slows the play. 

Difference is he’s done well at Southampton and Spurs.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Difference is he’s done well at Southampton and Spurs.

As I said, he’s an ok player- just in a certain system, which I’d rather we not play. I think he wouldn’t be as good in our team, as Schneiderlin was with Man Utd following his move. A player with differing characteristics would be my choice. 

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I’d put a new striker in between Shelvey & Fraser. Can’t rely on Wilson and we need some who’s actually good rather than just filling a hole like Wood. Those are the 3 big positions though.