More transfer rumours

midds

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Trippier’s agent leaked the clause info to us… and it’s a common practice in the game and something we’ve exploited in the past with Carr. This brings me back to what I said the other day, we need good relationships with agents and scouts who know inside info clubs and players themselves won’t be willing to just divulge. It’s sneaky and I hate agents, but it’s the name of the game.

I did also see that there was another player we were linked with (Bremer perhaps, it might not have been) that has the same agent as Trippier and Wood and that's what got me thinking about it. There's definitely reason to keep these agents on side.

12 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Surely we go for Joe rodon

I think that would be a loan if we did and I can imagine Spurs would want to want until the last week of the window to see what unfolds before letting players leave on loan. But yes he would be a good addition.

Just now, Sima said:

Rashford anyone? Not necessarily for this window but long-term.

I'd be enquiring as to his availability as he's struggling at Man Utd.

He needs away from there as do a few of them, they’ve absolutely wasted his potential under what 3-4 different managers now who simply don’t have a clue where to play him, how and what is best for him or the team. He’s a lovely human being too :smitten:

Providing Wood goes through, I think most of us would've been satisfied with spending £32.5M+ on two established internationals with Premier League experience that cover both flanks at FB/WB and up front.

We're only 2/5 through the window, there's plenty more to come. Based on the bids we've made we're clearly going for two more centre-backs, a left-back, and another striker. I know there hasn't been anything quite as solid in CM, but I'm sure we're actively looking there as well.

As much as it was fun while it lasted, I don't think Joelinton is the solution and the others definitely aren't. The CM signing is as important as any of the others, IMO, we've been piss poor there for years now.

Just now, Rich said:

Providing Wood goes through, I think most of us would've been satisfied with spending £32.5M+ on two established internationals with Premier League experience that cover both flanks at FB/WB and up front.

We're only 2/5 through the window, there's plenty more to come. Based on the bids we've made we're clearly going for two more centre-backs, a left-back, and another striker. I know there hasn't been anything quite as solid in CM, but I'm sure we're actively looking there as well.

As much as it was fun while it lasted, I don't think Joelinton is the solution and the others definitely aren't. The CM signing is as important as any of the others, IMO, we've been piss poor there for years now.

I think we will maybe get a few more left field signings in and maybe one ‘star’, either permanently or on loan. We will likely be getting, towards the end of the window, players almost pushed to us from agents and clubs desperate for money or to cut on wages or cut losses. Players like PEA, maybe Ali, maybe Ramsey etc. Who knows, I, sure there will be endless more speculation and our business is far from done, far from!

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Rashford anyone? Not necessarily for this window but long-term.

I'd be enquiring as to his availability as he's struggling at Man Utd.

Strange you should mentioned Rashford but I saw the stats comparing Wood and Rashford and it's quite surprising how close Wood is in terms of Goals considering he's played for Burnley.

Wood - 150 Apps - 50 Goals

Rashford - 190 Apps - 57 Goals

It surprised me that Rashford hadn't scored more although when I looked at assists Rashford has 38 and Wood has just and ofcourse Rashford plays as wide midfielder/forward alot.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think we will maybe get a few more left field signings in and maybe one ‘star’, either permanently or on loan. We will likely be getting, towards the end of the window, players almost pushed to us from agents and clubs desperate for money or to cut on wages or cut losses. Players like PEA, maybe Ali, maybe Ramsey etc. Who knows, I, sure there will be endless more speculation and our business is far from done, far from!

Aye, as people have said there are only two games in January. It was critical we got some automatic starters in to give us the best possible chance of getting results in those.

But there are still 17 games to go after the closure of the window, so I'd expect us to be active until the end as well. Wouldn't rule out a signing that seems incredibly unlikely now happening right at the death.

Imagine the lift a genuine superstar (speaking relatively vs. the rest of the squad) could give us going into the Everton game. Two weeks to bed everyone in during training after we play Leeds, too, thanks to Cambridge.

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

It’s impossible to call one way or another until the end of the window and see the business in total. But if it ended with the current players + Phil Jones we’ve got serious, serious bother to attend to.

I'd bet the house that it won't be the current players, plus Phil Jones. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's chronic that there's so much imbalance in the team. Sign one player, and then you realise the rest of the shit that needs sorting with ever diminishing timescales.

CM, CB, LB, and in all probability another striker are all massive priorities. The thought of Matt fucking Ritchie try-harding it through another game is lifting.

Sort out the spine and LB now that Wood is in. And after that everything else is a bonus for later on. Even if vital too obviously. Cm, LB and CB should be our next 3 priorities. 

Yeah what toon25 said.. 

Edited by Ikon