More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, DJ_NUFC said:

This man is angling for a redemption story. #NeverForget how he treated fans when defending his buddy Bruce. 

Still, looks like he’s been right about some of these transfer shenanigans. 

Ive heard Jones this week and Botman before end of window (Lille have asked for time to find a replacement before announcing sale)

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

You can say what you like about Luke's tweeting style (and his preciousness), but he is actually on the money far more often than not.

Nah, he’s a gobshite who knows fuck all. He didn’t exactly break the Wood story, I did by recommending him a few weeks back!

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

Ive heard Jones this week and Botman before end of window (Lille have asked for time to find a replacement before announcing sale)

Jones?

I wonder how many other agents might "leak" some releases clauses to us with the hope of a big payday. Perhaps its something we should look into, if they aren't already.

Could well be a few players out there at clubs unwilling to sell in the circumstances but might be forced to if we meet the release fee.

Just now, Slim said:

Phil ?

Phil Jones indeed.   Strategy is get an experience one in to help with younger ones (Botman).   This is for all positions - so Wood/Wilson for striker and a young striker brought in also.  Just rumours I heard

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I wonder how many other agents might "leak" some releases clauses to us with the hope of a big payday. Perhaps its something we should look into, if they aren't already.

Could well be a few players out there at clubs unwilling to sell in the circumstances but might be forced to if we meet the release fee.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Trippier’s agent leaked the clause info to us… and it’s a common practice in the game and something we’ve exploited in the past with Carr. This brings me back to what I said the other day, we need good relationships with agents and scouts who know inside info clubs and players themselves won’t be willing to just divulge. It’s sneaky and I hate agents, but it’s the name of the game.

Jones would be an iffy one imo but if it's the best we could achieve then I wouldn't hesitate. 

I'd take Alli but would feel more comfortable about it if he was like the sixth signing, following at least one CB and CM. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hasn’t Jones played like once in 2 years. Would be an awful and embarrassing move

More than a good few of our players to be fair…

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Jones would be an iffy one imo but if it's the best we could achieve then I wouldn't hesitate. 

I'd take Alli but would feel more comfortable about it if he was like the sixth signing, following at least one CB and CM. 

I do feel like anyone like Alli, Martial and lingard or the likes won’t be moving till the last week of the window. January in particular is when these sorts of moves happen late.

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Nick Hammond has certainly been a busy man since he joined. Hope he continues to negotiate well and we get a few more in before window shuts 

Get back to work Nick. Focus on shifting some of the shit and bring in a central midfielder ffs.