More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

It's chronic that there's so much imbalance in the team. Sign one player, and then you realise the rest of the shit that needs sorting with ever diminishing timescales.

CM, CB, LB, and in all probability another striker are all massive priorities. The thought of Matt fucking Ritchie try-harding it through another game is lifting.

I thought this against Cambridge. You would see Trippier play a simple pass into longstaff who would either not read it and make the wrong run or inexplicably miscontrol it and leave everyone out of position. 

The difference in quality to what Trippier would have been used to must have hit hard during that game. 

Just seeing him control everything dead was a farcry from what we've become accustomed to. 

Richie aswell stood out like a sore thumb but he's been thst way for a long time. If Howe can't see basic things like that then it's going to be his downfall. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Providing Wood goes through, I think most of us would've been satisfied with spending £32.5M+ on two established internationals with Premier League experience that cover both flanks at FB/WB and up front.

We're only 2/5 through the window, there's plenty more to come. Based on the bids we've made we're clearly going for two more centre-backs, a left-back, and another striker. I know there hasn't been anything quite as solid in CM, but I'm sure we're actively looking there as well.

As much as it was fun while it lasted, I don't think Joelinton is the solution and the others definitely aren't. The CM signing is as important as any of the others, IMO, we've been piss poor there for years now.

Totally agree that we need another CM (it's always been priority number one for me, but the manager doesn't seem to agree) but I don't see any reason why this number 8 role can't be Joe's position forever more now. He's one of the first names on the teamsheet due to his resurgence in that position and you'd anticipate that being the case for the rest of the season. It's Shelvey who needs lobbing into the sea. A proper CDM who can move the ball forward would represent an instant upgrade; but Joe can just keep doing what he's doing regardless of who's alongside him imo. 

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

Just seen us linked to Holgate from everton, always thought he was a decent player, would help out in our defensive frailties...

There was talk earlier this week that they'd be prepared to let him leave on loan this window. Seems strange, I'd have thought Rafa would've liked him.

24 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

There was talk earlier this week that they'd be prepared to let him leave on loan this window. Seems strange, I'd have thought Rafa would've liked him.

certain Rafa tried to sign him for us. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

5-6 was the number bandied about. 

Yeah, 4-6 is what I was hearing, and there's a long way to go in this window. I think if we can get good players through the door near the end of January, we'll go for it. 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

80m apparently [emoji38]

The 80m line is a load of bollocks really as they’ve just lumped supposed wages of £160k p/w in to get to that. Sounds like the actual fee would be ~£40m