More transfer rumours

midds

Henderson is 25, and by all accounts a very good distributor. It makes perfect sense for him to compete with Dubravka over the next 2/3 years so as Dubs wains with age (33+), Henderson comes into prime GK form (28+).

Anyone advocating going for pope or others who are 30 or over are clueless I'm sorry. And you can't complain about price, thanks to Kepa and Pickford the precedent has been set. 30/40 m for a keeper is normal.

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Didn’t Botman say he’d prefer Milan. I can’t see how we sign him if Milan really want him.

I’ll be gutted if we end up with Mings, we already have his twin in Lascelles.

He pretty much kept is options up. Said we were a really interesting project and Milan were historic and what not.

I watched quite a bit of Botman after we were heavily linked in January. He looks very accomplished for his age, comfortable on the ball, strong and a good reader of the game. My only slight concern is that he's not the quickest, which could be a problem in recovery or if he gets dragged out of position.

I'm nitpicking though, he was in the Ligue 1 team of the season for a reason and he would be a big statement signing. The fact Milan have distanced themselves from signing him in recent days is promising.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I watched quite a bit of Botman after we were heavily linked in January. He looks very accomplished for his age, comfortable on the ball, strong and a good reader of the game. My only slight concern is that he's not the quickest, which could be a problem in recovery or if he gets dragged out of position.

I'm nitpicking though, he was in the Ligue 1 team of the season for a reason and he would be a big statement signing. The fact Milan have distanced themselves from signing him in recent days is promising.

I agree - Milan fans also seem happy that Kalulu is coming through and say they have other positions to prioritise with him, Kjaer, Tomori and Romagnoli already there.

Romagnoli is probably leaving on a free and Kjaer is coming back from injury. They still probably need a CB - but true that Kalulu has thrived since being moved centrally so probably opens up other opportunities in the market for competition rather than first choice.

After the January window had long closed, the Athletic also reported a club source (which we all took to be Staveley/Ghodoussi) as stating "Botman wanted to come, he still wants to come".

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Botman & Diaby would take it beyond £75m you would have to think.

Comfortably. I know Scott Wilson mentions in his tweet we will go close to our transfer record for Diaby, but in reality we will need to break it to get him. £50m at least. 

If we sign Botman then I think him and Burn for the left CB slot and Schar & Lascelles for the right CB slot is more than fine for one season. Next season you upgrade on Schar and move Lascelles on. Could easily play 3 of those 4 in a back 3 if he goes that way and we still have Dummett as extreme back up for left CB in a back 3 and Krafth as right CB in a 3.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I can't remember where I read it (so it could be total horseshit), but apparently Lyon are wanting circa €70 million for Paqueta.

Same for Leverkusen and Diaby.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I can't remember where I read it (so it could be total horseshit), but apparently Lyon are wanting circa €70 million for Paqueta.

And we'll probably start the bidding at £20m. Both numbers are equally unrealistic, but we'll likely meet in the middle.

Or we'll look elsewhere. We showed over January that we won't be held to ransom, despite it being January and us being 19th.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

Scott Wilson is quite measured in his updates, so this one for me means there’s definite legs. Also explains Milan’s row back as the Italian press were giving it ‘done deal’ on the Botman front last month to Milan.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Arsenal will surely use him this year?

He wants to play regularly, and Arteta doesn't rate him ahead of Gabriel and Ben White.

Arsenal have been negotiating with Marseille for a permanent transfer, but he's done so well last season that other clubs are interested and they can get more for him from elsewhere, while Marseille are struggling to match.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reports that we're interested in Saliba.

Milan also after Saliba if they can’t get Botman. They’re pleased with how Tomori worked out and want to run a similar tactic with Saliba.