More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So we're not signing Pacqueta because the price is inflated.

The prices of all other players are also inflated.

So I guess according to him we're signing nobody? :lol:

If you knew the richest club in the world was desperate to sign one of your star players you'd be mental not to stick an extra 10-20 million on the players valuation.

If we're telling every George, Luke or Craig all our plans it's going to do us no favours.

Edwards hasn't had an in with the club since Bruce departed, it's probably why he had his bald head so far up Eddie's sphincter during the last press conference.

He broke the Chris Wood story, but he also said we had a £50 milliom budget and we'd sign Nketiah off the top of my head.

24 minutes ago, Stottie said:

If someone is for sale, they are for sale and if the player agrees terms with both clubs, top bid wins. An actual scenario where a foreign club says the price is 30M to Villa but 50M (i.e., not 31M) to NUFC is hard to believe. It is even harder to believe when clubs have just had a season plus whatever with no matchday revenue and need all the money they can get. If a player we've bid on looks like heading elsewhere for a lower fee, I don't see why the agent would not contact us and invite us to bid again. Any agent not doing that is not going to get the best package for the client.

I'd love Paqueta, with the only proviso being that Willock was one of our most Brewced players and deserves a chance with the new setup.

Willock has looked all but disinterested this season.Absolutely nothing to do with the previous manager.

The key is to replace Shelvey and decide where we want Bruno to play. If Bruno is playing as a progressive DM, we need a more attacking midfielder, like Paqueta. If we want Bruno further up the pitch, we need a defensive midfielder.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I thought Willock was starting to hit some form before the injury tbf.

I did say all but disinterested.Too many games where he’s happy to go through the motions for me.He played 29 games last season so if he started to hit some form before his injury,how many poor games  did he play before his end of season form kicked in? Lack of form or lack of effort? As a comparison,Almiron always puts a shift in,as does Fraser.

Sorry,to go to the next step,every player will need to give 100%.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The key is to replace Shelvey and decide where we want Bruno to play. If Bruno is playing as a progressive DM, we need a more attacking midfielder, like Paqueta. If we want Bruno further up the pitch, we need a defensive midfielder.

Bruno,our attacking midfield player is better defensively than our two defensive holding midfield players when we’re under the cosh,usually in the second half.He’s the one who regularly breaks up the play just outside our box then gets us going forward.I think with better players around him,he’ll become somewhat special in the Premier League over time.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

100% :thup:

My preference would probably be a DM. Against the better sides Bruno can sit deeper with the new DM and help cover the back four, in other games he can push forward and pick the ball up a bit further up the field. 

I’m wavering on it TBH. I think when he have more possession we can probably allow Bruno to be the deeper player and have someone else more creative ahead of him. 

But then I guess there’ll be games against good teams where we might need extra protection as well. 

I'd rather have a top quality DM and give Bruno more license - and focus on more pace and goals out wide. That's generally because as much as Iove #10s - I think it would give us the better chance of immediate progression up this particular league.

52 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Or we've been clever and briefed them in confidence.

One thing I'm 100% confident in, is that there is no chance at all the owners would brief and confide anything with that bald cunt.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

So we're not signing Pacqueta because the price is inflated.

The prices of all other players are also inflated.

So I guess according to him we're signing nobody? :lol:

Haven't you learned to take this shit with a pinch of salt?

23 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I did say all but disinterested.Too many games where he’s happy to go through the motions for me.He played 29 games last season so if he started to hit some form before his injury,how many poor games  did he play before his end of season form kicked in? Lack of form or lack of effort? As a comparison,Almiron always puts a shift in,as does Fraser.

Sorry,to go to the next step,every player will need to give 100%.

I think that's harsh on the lad. The game did seem to pass him by on occasions, but you could see he was still alert. I'm prepared to think it was just him acclimatising to the new set-up. Thought he was excellent towards the end.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m just as excited to get Ashworth confirmed as I am regarding any signing tbh, really hope we can push that through soon.

Same. Really hoping we get him (and a chief exec) sorted ASAP, ideally before the window opens on 10/6.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I think that's harsh on the lad. The game did seem to pass him by on occasions, but you could see he was still alert. I'm prepared to think it was just him acclimatising to the new set-up. Thought he was excellent towards the end.

That said, I agree he'll need to maintain that kind of form for the future. But I think he's got it in him.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Seems that big Sven to Milan isn't as nailed on as it seemed.

That’s a big shift - possible acceptance that he wants a PL move to us or Spurs?

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Haven't you learned to take this shit with a pinch of salt?

Of course. I take absolutely none of it seriously.

Just Luke Edwards clearly hasn't understood that his Tweet pretty much says we'll make no signings.

Just now, Chris_R said:

Of course. I take absolutely none of it seriously.

Just Luke Edwards clearly hasn't understood that his Tweet pretty much says we'll make no signings.

Had to read it again, ye bugger. But it doesn't. It says that the initial prices we've been quoted are inflated. It's not news, it's just what happens. He's making assumptions based on what happens. He's a narcissist cunt who can't go on holiday without looking forward to checking his phone the minute the plane lands.