More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, thorin said:

So we're trusting the process which will leave us with Wood up top again, are we? :D

Still amazed people don't understand how the market works, even if we bid the same amount as Villa, Sevilla might have declined...

Fact is however, we need more than what we most likely are able to fill with the rumoured cash available, unless they get a Saudi club to buy someone for inflated prices!

We NEED a LB and a RW, with cover for Wilson. I don't see that as particularly challenging.. Anything after that is a bonus.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You're taking one signing in isolation, while ignoring the rest of the business that was done to criticise "the process". That process contributed to Champions League form in the second half of the season.

That's all your interpretation, I just mentioned the process and Wood in the same post.

Adding to the "process" right now is the fact we seemingly want Ashworth in right away, which might be the reason for holding out on players signing for other clubs.

Edited by thorin

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We NEED a LB and a RW, with cover for Wilson. I don't see that as particularly challenging.. Anything after that is a bonus.

Forgot the CB with pace, Howe wants a higher line. We're doomed if we go with the pace we have now to the midline.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Anyone that doesn't think the January window was a success is either being deliberately obtuse or they didn't watch much of us from February onward.

Or didn't watch us before. People who didn't watch before don't know that we didn't even play the game of football.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Use Offside Trap, man.

You play too much FIFA/FM brohan, he he. Our line has been shit unfortunately. Well, it became better after Burn, but it's not working :P

2 minutes ago, thorin said:

You play too much FIFA/FM brohan, he he. Our line has been shit unfortunately. Well, it became better after Burn, but it's not working :P

I really don't. It's just one of the legends I associate with the game. I can't get into it these days. Too much worrying about upsetting a player for not complimenting his haircut. Their attempts at reality remove the gaming aspect from it.

I don't see how you can say defence isn't working. It works very well, aside from a few rash moments. Those rash moments can be better eliminated by increasing our ability up front.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I really don't. It's just one of the legends I associate with the game. I can't get into it these days. Too much worrying about upsetting a player for not complimenting his haircut. Their attempts at reality remove the gaming aspect from it.

I don't see how you can say defence isn't working. It works very well, aside from a few rash moments. Those rash moments can be better eliminated by increasing our ability up front.

True, but any offside traps we've tried setting has not worked. It's been all of them really. I mean, sure it can be harsh, and I might be a couple of steps further as we're aiming to go for Europe. However, when you start pushing that line further up the field we're gonna have serious issues.

Let's not forget that we've been somewhat lucky too, imho.

If it's because of the combination play of having so big gaps since we were still focused on the defence I'm not sure, but there are definitively matches were I've been thinking "oh no, not this again" and just waited for a goal against, however it never popped as we've been lucky.

2 minutes ago, thorin said:

True, but any offside traps we've tried setting has not worked. It's been all of them really. I mean, sure it can be harsh, and I might be a couple of steps further as we're aiming to go for Europe. However, when you start pushing that line further up the field we're gonna have serious issues.

Let's not forget that we've been somewhat lucky too, imho.

If it's because of the combination play of having so big gaps since we were still focused on the defence I'm not sure, but there are definitively matches were I've been thinking "oh no, not this again" and just waited for a goal against, however it never popped as we've been lucky.

It was a joke man.

Anyway, I've never felt like that for a long time. Even against Everton and Chelsea I thought I'd end the game disappointed with a draw.

3 minutes ago, thorin said:

True, but any offside traps we've tried setting has not worked.

Can you give me an example? I am genuinely struggling to recall a moment this season where we have tried to set an offside trap and been caught out. 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Can you give me an example? I am genuinely struggling to recall a moment this season where we have tried to set an offside trap and been caught out. 

It's not like we're actively trying to set them, I was interpreting his reply to the backline not needing any pace as we could just push up into an OT. But I can recall several times where not even the CBs are on the same line, even tho we have more problems with our backs following the line or following the attacker behind the line. Coulda shoulda woulda formulated differently most likely.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It was a joke man.

Anyway, I've never felt like that for a long time. Even against Everton and Chelsea I thought I'd end the game disappointed with a draw.

True, same. The feeling when watching a match nowadays is so completely different.

My bad, seems people take everything I say literally and not able to interpret between the lines. Luckily it seems not everyone are :D

3 minutes ago, thorin said:

True, same. The feeling when watching a match nowadays is so completely different.

My bad, seems people take everything I say literally and not able to interpret between the lines. Luckily it seems not everyone are :D

I'm jus pulling yer leg a bit. Obviously the lack of pace at CB is a concern, but we seem to have managed to overcome it, through teamwork. I suppose relying on that teamwork will eventually prove costly so I definitely agree with the need for more pace, just think our attacking capability is our biggest priority, which will produce benefits to all other departments.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Would be a good solution if we could use Darlow to knock a few quid off. I do wonder if Darlow is happy to be a backup though. Would have thought he wanted to play.

I think he’s still more concerned about his hair

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Would be a good solution if we could use Darlow to knock a few quid off. I do wonder if Darlow is happy to be a backup though. Would have thought he wanted to play.

Imagine he wouldn't mind being backup at Man Utd. Genuinely pretty shocked they want him.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I agree.If only we could sign another Batty and Lee for starters,then Bruno could pull the strings further up field.

Guess the issue with a number 10 is that if owt happened to Paqueta you’d need to either change system or there’d be a huge downgrade (Almiron for example) whereas a midfield three there’s more flexibility and options if someone is injured or suspended.