More transfer rumours

midds

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

Does Diaby replace ASM ? 

I wondered this but according to Transfermarkt he's played as much on the right as on the left recently so I don't think he'd be a replacement. 

ASM, Diaby & Wilson as a front three would be explosive ?

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The article also states we are interested in Ake and Kelly as back up to Botman.

If Botman doesn't come off? Rather than signing them as well?

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yeah Howe still wants a ball play left footed CB, Botman number one target and if he doesn’t come then Ake is next on the list.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

"Nickson first proposed Botman and, while Howe has also been impressed by the reports, the head coach has alternative targets, including some domestic ones. Nathan Ake (now of Manchester City) and Lloyd Kelly, both of whom Howe signed for Bournemouth, were mentioned during meetings in January and they would be viewed as ideal recruits, although their fees may prove prohibitive."

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"Nickson first proposed Botman and, while Howe has also been impressed by the reports, the head coach has alternative targets, including some domestic ones. Nathan Ake (now of Manchester City) and Lloyd Kelly, both of whom Howe signed for Bournemouth, were mentioned during meetings in January and they would be viewed as ideal recruits, although their fees may prove prohibitive."

I’d much rather take Botman over Ake, I could see him becoming a real leader of the club for a number of years. Clearly Ake is better than what we’ve currently got and it could even be argued his speed would be better suited to what we currently need, but just something about getting Botman that sends out a real message to rivals.

9 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Botman, Targett, Lodi, Diaby, Paqueta, and Nunez. Job done. :lol: 

I think Its Targett or Lodi, Lewis or Dummett as cover 

I think we have identified 5 key positions:

GK: Henderson

CB: Botman

Winger: Diaby

LB: Lodi

ST: Nunez

I can see the first 4 happening, Nunez will be a stretch too far but its nice to see some ambition. I've said all along that I see us signing Toney, and I will stick by that.

After these positions, it will be wheeling and dealing time and be very dependent on who leaves and who becomes available. We will probably sign a CM but may well be a loan or someone fairly cheap who gives us something different.