More transfer rumours

midds

Paqueta could play the RF of 3-4-3 if we're going 3 at the back at any point, which the Lodi interest suggests we might. Or as the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 (or obviously Bruno's role in a 4-3-3 with Bruno dropping back). I think he looks perfect but I feel like we'll be mainly looking to continue strengthening from the back while bringing in a couple of forwards or wingers.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I think Paqueta is one of those (not unlike Bruno) where we aren't necessarily chasing to get that deal done but if its later in the window, we've done most/all of our other business and we get word that Lyon would do business at an amount we're happy with, we'd do the deal.

Even with MA gone and the promise of better days ahead I don't care for transfer windows anymore. no protracted negotiations, rumors, back and forth, dodgy sources, itks etc. I just want to wake up in August with the deals done kind of thing.

Not making a judgement on this thread or anyone like, and I'll exit forthwith, but I just never realized how the part of me that liked the offseason spectacle was unceremoniously chucked into the sea years ago.

Edited by thomas

41 minutes ago, Mansour said:

Paqueta seems more of a CAM (Coutinho/ Bruno Fernandes), which is fine if he was available for around 30m. I would not spend anything more than that on him, though. We should wait it out and address our other positions before we go after him, in my opinion.

:lol: Paqueta won't ever be available for around £30m. That being said, while I do agree with the sentiment that a few other positions needs to be filled first, I do think a central midfielder, either an offensive or defensive one depending on how we want Bruno to play, has to be a priority after RW and LB in my opinion. I know we have ''depth'' there. But an injury to Bruno and that is a relegation battling midfield. 

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Even with MA gone and the promise of better days ahead I don't care for transfer windows anymore. no protracted negotiations, rumors, back and forth, dodgy sources, itks etc. I just want to wake up in August with the deals done kind of thing.

Not making a judgement on this thread or anyone like, and I'll exit forthwith, but I just never realized how the part of me that liked the offseason spectacle was unceremoniously chucked into the sea years ago.

That’s a long sleep 

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: Paqueta won't ever be available for around £30m. That being said, while I do agree with the sentiment that a few other positions needs to be filled first, I do think a central midfielder, either an offensive or defensive one depending on how we want Bruno to play, has to be a priority after RW and LB in my opinion. I know we have ''depth'' there. But an injury to Bruno and that is a relegation battling midfield. 

To take the team to the next level, as well as filling the holes at LB and RW, Shelvey needs to replaced. Howe has done well to improve him as much he has, but he's still extremely limited on and off the ball. He tends to take up similar positions to Bruno awell. The type of midfielder we replace him with depends on how we intend to play Bruno.

2 hours ago, nufcnick said:

And, what’s your problem? 

You can’t guarantee something then when it’s questioned offer to bet the person but change what you said originally. That’s mental :lol:

other than that no problem at all

Edited by gdm

52 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Used to call them midfielders in my day ?

:lol: I do think someone who calls themselves a midfielder should be as effective out of possession as in it.

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s like if Sissoko actually had a footballing brain. Good player.

I could easily see him play the central role in a 3 - allowing Bruno to go further forward - or they could rotate 

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Linked with Simeone’s son Gio. I’ve seen him score about 7 goals in the 135 minutes of football I’ve watched him play. So needless to say I want him to sign 

Diego Simeone's son? Didn't know he had a son that played football

19 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Diego Simeone's son? Didn't know he had a son that played football

Think his other son is on the books at Atletico too

We absolutely need to sign a first choice LB. Priority #1 for me. 

After that it’s all equal. If we want to progress as a club we need to control games and play Eddie’s way. That means it’s ball playing CB, right winger, attacking midfield. 

And I’ll say it on repeat - Paqueta is transformational in how we play. More so than anyone else we could ever sign from mid to forward. He’s the link we’ve always missed, and we’ll struggle to control games consistently. As said above - bruno injury and we’re back to long ball and counters only.