More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s a valid criticism. His performance this season was exceptional overall, but it’s still okay to say his transfer dealings across his career have been patchy at best - largely because of that obsession.

Nah it’s not. 

Obviously hasn't been a great day with a lot of our reported top targets being ruled out or linked elsewhere. 

Still, pre-season training will be when? Early next month? Plenty of time to move onto other targets, we could see Badiashile & Sarr rather than Botman & Diaby which wouldn't be a massive downgrade imo.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah it’s not. 

So we aren’t allowed to point out any flaws, because he had a great first half a season? :lol: 

Signings like DCL and Ake will not take us forward, not to the level we aspire to anyway.

His signings at Bournemouth were largely crap, paying over the odds for English signings (or from English clubs). I won’t dig it out again but it was a remarkable number of signings.

So far 4/5 January signings were all English based (or English) and now we’re being linked with many more. 

The market is crap and over priced. Our scouting needs to extend well beyond if we want to succeed. Of course there will be one or two deals to be done at the right time, but not the majority.

It’s not saying the quality of those players is constantly crap - if Ake was £20m, sign him up tomorrow. The price he’d go for though would be ridiculous and better spent on two players. 

We’re not going to have a limitless pot of money, at least not all at once.

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

DCL and Ake would be terrible value for money. Would be paying way over the odds.

DCL would be a shite signing in general, always injured and crap attitude. Ake would be alright, but there would be much better options for the cost/we could bring in two or three.

We really need to move away from Howe’s continued British market obsession. 

You don't even have a clue who Howe is actually trying to sign. None of us do.

This guy man :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol:

Fresh from accusing folk of hyperbole in the Botman thread no less.

Backtracking and hyperbole are not the same thing.

Go back to January and refresh your own memory, he was the next Maldini. Now it’s going to be a blessing in disguise he’s going to Milan because he’s such a slow fucker.

There’ll be loads of posturing going on and everyone looking for the best deal for themselves. We can’t just roll

over to demands and this will

lead to missing some targets but if a player really wants to come it’ll happen and those are the characters we’ll need.

Agents and clubs will drag out our signings as long as they can.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

You don't even have a clue who Howe is actually trying to sign. None of us do.

This guy man :lol:

I’m making an educated guess based on the rationale posted above. That’s again, assuming Howe has significant say/control.

Might be totally wrong, that’s fine… that’s how life works. I know as much as you all do and have never suggested anything else.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Go back to January and refresh your own memory, he was the next Maldini. Now it’s going to be a blessing in disguise he’s going to Milan because he’s such a slow fucker.

I didn’t say he was a slow fucker, but if you have ever watched him you would know he isn’t quick at all and that’s something we desperately need at the back.

Also go back to January when I said at the time I would prefer other options, so I’m not backtracking at all 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Signing PL-based players (or players with PL experience) was exactly the right thing to do in the position we found ourselves in at the time tbf.

Which is exactly what Howe said, and he has since mentioned that this summer he'll feel more comfortable now being able to really look at the whole market, and particularly some younger talents abroad.

But you know ... some folks would rather get over excited about some tenuous links :lol:

It's about building a squad, not just buying ready-made starters all the time.

If for instance we get rid of Clark and Fernandez and replace those two with an Ake, we're stronger than we were while having lost two players.

And we can't be comparing missing out on a say Ekitike and getting a DCL instead to replace Gayle/Wood/etc and thinking we're not still getting stronger in the end, because we are.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m making an educated guess based on the rationale posted above. That’s again, assuming Howe has significant say/control.

Might be totally wrong, that’s fine… that’s how life works. I know as much as you all do and have never suggested anything else.

'Howe's continued British market obsession' is pretty strong for something we aren't even certain of man :lol:

I honestly take no notice of journalists nowadays (some more than others) with their constant speculation and poo-pooing each other for nothing more than clickbait headlines. I'm confident that the owners will get the necessary recruitments in this summer; and most importantly recruitments with the required level of quality to move us forward. 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So we aren’t allowed to point out any flaws, because he had a great first half a season? :lol: 

Signings like DCL and Ake will not take us forward, not to the level we aspire to anyway.

His signings at Bournemouth were largely crap, paying over the odds for English signings (or from English clubs). I won’t dig it out again but it was a remarkable number of signings.

So far 4/5 January signings were all English based (or English) and now we’re being linked with many more. 

The market is crap and over priced. Our scouting needs to extend well beyond if we want to succeed. Of course there will be one or two deals to be done at the right time, but not the majority.

It’s not saying the quality of those players is constantly crap - if Ake was £20m, sign him up tomorrow. The price he’d go for though would be ridiculous and better spent on two players. 

We’re not going to have a limitless pot of money, at least not all at once.

I'm fairly certain there was a Bournemouth fan on here who posted that his signings we're no where near as bad a people love to make out, it was just one or two in his final season that where poor :lol: 

And while the majority of his signings where English or from British clubs, he was managing Bournemouth, hardly going to be able to attract a load of people from abroad. 

Also I personally think Ake would be a really good signing and someone who could take up to that top 6 region, he'd be a starter for the next 2/3 seasons and be great to have as a backup further then that. He would certainly better then all out other CB's and would take us forward. DCL i'm meh on, he could be decent injuries aside, there is obviously a player in there.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

'Howe's continued British market obsession' is pretty strong for something we aren't even certain of man :lol:

Well, the evidence of his transfer dealings across his whole career point to a British obsession. That’s not fiction, look at his deals.

Just now, 54 said:

I'm fairly certain there was a Bournemouth fan on here who posted that his signings we're no where near as bad a people love to make out, it was just one or two in his final season that where poor :lol: 

And while the majority of his signings where English or from British clubs, he was managing Bournemouth, hardly going to be able to attract a load of people from abroad. 

Also I personally think Ake would be a really good signing and someone who could take up to that top 6 region, he'd be a starter for the next 2/3 seasons and be great to have as a backup further then that. He would certainly better then all out other CB's and would take us forward. DCL i'm meh on, he could be decent injuries aside, there is obviously a player in there.

Bournemouth fan in peace IIRC.

And I don’t disagree with the majority of that. Those signings were probably okay for Bournemouth, but he’s not managing them now and he’s trying to push on with us.

But so far it’s hard to ignore, a majority of our deals concluded and current rumours continue that British base.

I broke the Tiote signing on here after a quick glance on Newsnow which was then pretty decent, mostly print media and even though we slagged them off as pathetic rumour mongers it's a world away from now with the clickbaity shite of Football insider and such, there's not one site on there comes even close to the Daily Mail for fucks sake when it comes to insider stuff.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Did anyone describe him as the next Maldini? Is anyone who described him as the next Maldini saying it's a blessing in disguise he’s going to Milan?

He looks a very assured defender for his age. He's great on the ball strong, decent in the air has good tactical awareness, but he does lack pace. 

I'm sure most would have him here in a heartbeat. Critiquing someone's game isn't really the same as saying they're useless and you don't want to sign them.

Good luck to him at Milan, he'll fit them like a glove.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, the evidence of his transfer dealings across his whole career point to a British obsession. That’s not fiction, look at his deals.

And I don’t disagree with the majority of that. Those signings were probably okay for Bournemouth, but he’s not managing them now and he’s trying to push on with us.

But so far it’s hard to ignore, a majority of our deals concluded and current rumours continue that British base.

To be fair the deals in January where 100% the right thing to do to get us out of the situation, getting competent players with experience in the Premier League where 100% needed, it would have been a huge risk to sign 5 players who might take a period of time to adjust from around Europe.

Also the rumours you're picking are very selective, yes we're being linked with DCL, Ake and Henderson, but we've also been linked with Paqueta, Botman, Ekitike, Nunez etc.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You can't use his transfer strategy as a stick to beat him with man, as the Bournemouth situations was not comparable to what he has now.

He's also explained that in January it was an approach he thought was best to get us out of the mess we were in, and he was proven right. Resoundingly so.

Lets see the kinds of players that start coming in first before saying the man has an obsession :lol:

The strongest link so far has bee Ekitike, and the reports are that It's Howe that is really pushing for him and rates him, so I doubt he's hung up on just the British market.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

To be fair the deals in January where 100% the right thing to do to get us out of the situation, getting competent players with experience in the Premier League where 100% needed, it would have been a huge risk to sign 5 players who might take a period of time to adjust from around Europe.

Also the rumours you're picking are very selective, yes we're being linked with DCL, Ake and Henderson, but we've also been linked with Paqueta, Botman, Ekitike, Nunez etc.

Yeah, exactly :lol:

All the numerous foreign players we have been linked with that have been just as speculative have been completely ignored :lol:

IIRC, the Bournemouth fans that have been on here (who I'd trust the opinion of more than anyone on here) all say that Jordan Ibe is his only out-and-out failure in the transfer market. Even his other buys that didn't work out either worked out eventually (at Bournemouth or elsewhere) or recouped their fee/made a profit.

Edited by Kid Icarus