More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Light shades of HBA. Can't see it purely based on it not being a position that's a priority for a little while. 

Every Position is a priority, if we can improve any position they will.  Signing a winger doesn't mean we can't sign a centreback for example.  They aren't mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Every Position is a priority, if we can improve any position they will.  Signing a winger doesn't mean we can't sign a centreback for example.  They aren't mutually exclusive.

I understand that, but time and resources are mutually exclusive at the moment. I wouldn't expect or want Nicky Hammond to be spending too much time working on getting a number 10 considering the other positions that are desperately needed. If it's being lined up for the summer that's a different story.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I understand that, but time and resources are mutually exclusive at the moment. I wouldn't expect or want Nicky Hammond to be spending too much time working on getting a number 10 considering the other positions that are desperately needed. If it's being lined up for the summer that's a different story.

What time and what resources?  It's not just Hammond doing it all and making bids doesn't take long.  

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

What time and what resources?  It's not just Hammond doing it all and making bids doesn't take long.  

The limited time we have in January and the limited resources we have to be sorting out deals without a DoF + their team in place. Come on, you know exactly what I mean. 

I don't see why one bid should detract from making others except in the real closing stages where we're writing out the actual contracts and things might bottleneck there.

Early stage enquiries though, we should be able to be doing loads at a time.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The limited time we have in January and the limited resources we have to be sorting out deals without a DoF + their team in place. Come on, you know exactly what I mean. 

I do but if we have identified a target we want it'll take 2 minutes to bid.  The negotiations probably are time consuming but if Hammond cant work on multiple signings at the same time then we need to bring in someone to help him.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I do but if we have identified a target we want it'll take 2 minutes to bid.  The negotiations probably are time consuming but if Hammond cant work on multiple signings at the same time then we need to bring in someone to help him.

Saying as I don't think anyone will be brought in to help him, this is what I mean about why I can't see it happening. At least in January anyway. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Longstaff is averaging 0.4 interceptions. That’s absolutely criminal. We need a ball winning mid, and a mobile mid, desperately imo. 

How many interceptions is Shelvey managing? 1.04 per season would be a rough guess.