More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Weird that we were looking at signing two CBs last week for £25m+ and we’re now only looking at one permanently.

Concerned that CM isn’t as much as a priority as it should be.

We might still be looking at a second. Providing Edwards is correct he doesn't say we're looking at loans exclusively.

24 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Weird that we were looking at signing two CBs last week for £25m+ and we’re now only looking at one permanently.

Concerned that CM isn’t as much as a priority as it should be.

Could definitely be that we want Botman (or someone else) and are prepared to wait until the summer if necessary. 

Been very quiet on CM/DM in comparison to other positions. Hopefully the rumour of the ownership wanting a marquee CM is true. To be unveiled in Saudi after the Leeds game ;)

Edit: Cough Cough - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10398151/RB-Leipzig-midfielder-Amadou-Haidara-type-player-Newcastle-need-sign.html 

Edited by toontownman

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Dean Saunders also said it wasn’t fair that we bought Wood and made some shite story up about Brian Clough.

Bloke is an absolute whopper.

Saunders makes stories up as well. Fella is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. Some of the shit he comes out with…

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure we say with confidence that a winger who's never played at a higher level than the Turkish Super League is a better fit than a proven Premier League goal scorer.

Although he is playing from the left for Besiktas more recently, he's not a winger. It's a fair point though to him not being proven.

Looking at his physical profile it is quite surprising no one in the Prem or high up in the Championship has ever tried for him.

Would Haidara class as ‘marquee’?

I’m not sure how much name recognition he’d have in England, never mind KSA.  That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be happy to see him sign - but I’m not sure I’d call him marquee

Kamara or Fofana sure as hell would be imo. This lad seems good given the reports on this season and links to top clubs but he's currently away at the AFCON, would €40m not be a tad steep? Especially when we could buy Kamara or Fofana for potentially cheaper than that?

39 minutes ago, LV said:

Saunders makes stories up as well. Fella is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. Some of the shit he comes out with…

Another one that should join Agbonlahor in a padded cell.

Apparently RB Leipzig are trying to raise some money for signings themselves this January, as they are not going too well in the league, and so Haidara may well be available for a fair price. BILD has apparently stated that 'we will need to pay more than 20 million Euros', which is very feasible.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Would prefer Fofana or Kamara for similar money but, honestly, any good cm/cdm would absolutely augment our horrific midfield.

Keep seeing Fofana being mentioned, is everyone talking about the guy who plays for Lens (Seko) or the one playing for Monaco (Youssouf)? 

Just now, Dembacha said:

Keep seeing Fofana being mentioned, is everyone talking about the guy who plays for Lens (Seko) or the one playing for Monaco (Youssouf)? 

Lens I think. Also linked with Leeds & Burnley