More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, ManDoon said:

Genuinely think our midfield is the worst in the league. I’m desperate for a CM. We could have VVD and with this midfield we are fucked. 

We'd be best sticking VVD in midfield, more mobile and better equipped than longstaff

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s why I keep banging the drum about  having a CM over a CB. We can’t persist with this midfield. It’s literally killing us 

Where are you finding these stats? I'd find that kind of thing fascinating to have a look through.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah, I dont understand why we aren't being linked with a CM but Eddie used to make do with Gosling at Bournemouth

We've ben linked with a plethora of midfielders.

I have a feeling the ones we have a very strong interest in are currently at ACON, and because we only have a couple of games this month we are going to wait for them to return and then pounce.

Can you imagine how much better almost every other player in the team could look if we had a competent midfield?

More patient controlled attacks, protection for our defence.. comfortably in possession of the ball in the midfield.

We can do none of those things at present because we don't have the pace, physicality or intelligence.

56 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Could really do with a left footer cutting in from the right to open up even more space for Trippier to get forward, as Almiron just isn't good enough on that side at all. And so I approve of this.

It's the litte things too with our midfield - no positional awareness or intelligence when we are in possession or trying to control the game. Pep said it best in some video I saw of him, but it's the simple shit like passing into space while a player is in stride, the proper foot when someone is in a position to score, etc. We're always just so terribly sloppy. 

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Our whoscored is hilarious:

dL7Zny9.png

Maybe we're trying to confuse the opposition?

Rather than having one or two weak areas which they can focus on attacking in the build up to the game, we're going to make planning against our weak spots impossible by the ingenious tactic of being shit at absolutely everything. :lol:

Just now, ManDoon said:

It’s criminal, we are criminal. The fact the midfield is so fucking pedestrian as well. We don’t even have pace in there. It’s a bad situation 

Willock was fast AF last season and this season he's lost 5 steps.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

7 goals and 1 assist from midfield this season isn't to shabby. Not sure we need another attacking midfielder though. 

We do when the ones we have are shite.

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Have to say it was cathartic to start up a new FIFA career as us and sell off 75% of the squad right off the bat.

Started changing Big Joe into a CM but got impatient and sold him off too.

Real ones edit Big Joe prior to starting career mode. 

But yeah, I go on an absolute tear - brand new starting 11 apart from Maxi. whole new bench, loan and sell everyone else off over the next 1-2 windows. 

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Something seems to have physically changed with him, I’ve no idea how or why 

We've went to more of a 4-3-3 with him on the right of the middle 3 which stops him from getting more into the box like he did when he was more central and playing slightly more off the forward.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Something seems to have physically changed with him, I’ve no idea how or why 

There is 100% a physical issue with him -- whether it was covid or that foot/toe injury he sustained. He's not anywhere near as sharp as he was last season. 

This whole playing for a move thing would make sense but his pace, his trapping, etc. are all off. 

29 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Absolutely outrageous stats there. Honestly, I'd think that if you just stood still in the middle of the pitch you'd have 1 interception per game. :lol:

I'm very surprised that Howe hasn't managed to get through to any of the current CMs so far (Jo aside - and I would say he's got that no.8 position more by luck than judgement). 

I'm sure agreeing on relegation clauses with potential players is proving to be a huge problem. Trippier and Wood are both over 30 and the kind of money they are on probably makes up for a season in the Championship if it comes to it, but these young ambitious talented players we are being linked with, will all want out if we go down. Imagine trying to come up with an acceptable agreement with them.  

Although I agree that our midfield is fucking embarrassing I don't think the stats on WhoScored are a great indicator. Rodri only has 0.6 interceptions per game for example (2.4 tackes though).

I noticed after looking for Joelinton's stats against Man Utd, on there they don't look too impressive yet he won absolutely everything. Think they recorded him as winning like 1 duel in the air for example which seems preposterous. I'm not sure what they use to register their statistics.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Away Toon said:

I'm sure agreeing on relegation clauses with potential players is proving to be a huge problem. Trippier and Wood are both over 30 and the kind of money they are on probably makes up for a season in the Championship if it comes to it, but these young ambitious talented players we are being linked with, will all want out if we go down. Imagine trying to come up with an acceptable agreement with them.  

Got to agree fees first. All the media stuff is saying Botman, Carlos, Ekitike and Badiashile are all receptive to the moves.