More transfer rumours

midds

We conceded 20 goals from Jan 1st and managed to score 25. Our defence was already top half during that period, we need goals badly. If the budget was 90mil I can’t see them spending £70m of it on a GK, LB & CB.

If Sarr was playing in the Bundesliga he'd probably be putting up much higher figures for goals and assists and we'd get very excited about signing him for 25-30 million.

It's his career path and familiarity which probably makes him slightly underrated and feel underwhelming. But it also makes him a pretty safe bet as he's been in England for 3 years already.

I'd fancy him to be a player who could get 8-10 goals a season in our side from the right. He got 5 in 22 for a desperately poor Watford side last year.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Be totally Meh if we signed sarr like or someone of that ilk

1 in 3 goal return almost as a winger across his entire career, rapid, good character, isn’t scared of doing the hard work off the ball and can beat a man without doing the whole box of ASM tricks shtick! I’d be more than happy if we signed him.

15 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

This Talbot guy or whats his name thinks Sarr will end up here. With Danjuma maybe om his way to West Ham Sarr wont go there. 

He’s started using Nufcblog as a source so I wouldn’t listen to a word he says 

Guest HTT II

I also don’t believe any rumours of a fixed budget, we will spend whatever we can or whatever it takes on the right player, as we have shown under the new owners already. These journos know fuck all and are probably basing their stuff off soundbites coming out of the owners and manager behind the scenes which is probably a selective way of lowering any unnatural expectations and transfer fever. Who would ever reveal their true hand anyway and say this is how much we are going to spend or not, whether it’s 10m or 300m. No club in history has done that. It’s not even educated guesses by these so called journos.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s started using Nufcblog as a source so I wouldn’t listen to a word he says 

Credit to NUFCBlog for some decent pickups recently, albeit solely at a youth team / reserves level.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

35m? We won’t get Diaby for that, so i’ll say Brennan Johnson with cash left over. 

That £35 million we bid for Diaby seems very relevant after a bit of snooping around.

Apparently we have been credited with a bid of £30 million for Porto's Brazilian winger Pepe, but I think there's been a mixup, I think we have actually bid that for the Porto right winger Otavio that has continuously been linked with a move to the Premier League this year. In fact there was a very strong link with Newcastle in March of this year that said we'd move for him in the summer.

Interestingly, Fabrizio Romano confirmed a few days ago that Otavio has a release clause of £35 million pounds that lasts until July 15th and after that it goes up to £55 million. I think we're probably negotiating that release clause or trying to structure it in a beneficial way.

My money is on Otavio for that right wing spot, unless Leverkusen come in and agree to accept the same amount for Diaby.

Edited by KaKa

Tbh it probably will be Sarr. He’s been linked a few times. Some people will be disappointed and some people will tell people how to feel and that it certainly shouldn’t be disappointment and what a great time we’ll all have. :lol:

Sarr wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice but the signings have been spot on so far 

Any decent finisher would hopefully be a massive upgrade. To be fair to Murphy, the number of times he gets sprung should be credited to awareness/ability on his part, but ugh the end product is a corner at best.

Just now, Teslact said:

Any decent finisher would hopefully be a massive upgrade. To be fair to Murphy, the number of times he gets sprung should be credited to awareness/ability on his part, but ugh the end product is a corner at best.

Corner of the post*

Would be happy with Sarr like, got a much higher ceiling than anything we have and given they were talking of £40/50m last time he went down I’d think it represents decent value too. Can’t imagine he’s on mega wages either which keeps the squad settled too. 

Guest HTT II

We need at least 25 + more goals from the side next season IMO.

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tbh it probably will be Sarr. He’s been linked a few times. Some people will be disappointed and some people will tell people how to feel and that it certainly shouldn’t be disappointment and what a great time we’ll all have. :lol:

Sarr wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice but the signings have been spot on so far 

:lol: disappointed we only got a Porsche instead of a Ferrari after 14 years of not being able to afford a bus ticket. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

:lol: disappointed we only got a Porsche instead of a Ferrari after 14 years of not being able to afford a bus ticket. 

It was sarcasm. Not everyone likes the same players tho that’s just the nature of opinions

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Right lads. If you have one signing left to spunk your remaining budget on, who would it be?

Your choice has to be based on who is worth finishing the remaining £35m reportedly, who can bring an immediate positive impact for the team consistently and won't be a flop?

Diaby? Paqueta? Eriksen? Belotti? Griezmann? Any other?

Diaby, probably.

Guest HTT II

Diaby seems highly regarded, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen him play, so on that basis, I’d prefer Sarr who I have and is tried and tested in our league.

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

This would suggest talk of a smaller budget is rubbish:

We tried…

Guest HTT II
Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Wilson will get 24 of them.

More chance he spends 24 weeks out injured… if we can keep him fit though I’d back him to get 15-20 goals in the league or all comps, easily. 

33 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That £35 million we bid for Diaby seems very relevant after a bit of snooping around.

Apparently we have been credited with a bid of £30 million for Porto's Brazilian winger Pepe, but I think there's been a mixup, I think we have actually bid that for the Porto right winger Otavio that has continuously been linked with a move to the Premier League this year. In fact there was a very strong link with Newcastle in March of this year that said we'd move for him in the summer.

Interestingly, Fabrizio Romano confirmed a few days ago that Otavio has a release clause of £35 million pounds that lasts until July 15th and after that it goes up to £55 million. I think we're probably negotiating that release clause or trying to structure it in a beneficial way.

My money is on Otavio for that right wing spot, unless Leverkusen come in and agree to accept the same amount for Diaby.

don’t think it’s Otavio tbh - they’ve just sold Luis Diaz, Vitanha and the guy to Arsenal 

Plus he’s 27 - we will be looking for a Bruno age type