More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Right lads. If you have one signing left to spunk your remaining budget on, who would it be?

Your choice has to be based on who is worth finishing the remaining £35m reportedly, who can bring an immediate positive impact for the team consistently and won't be a flop?

Diaby? Paqueta? Eriksen? Belotti? Griezmann? Any other?

Well we could get Eriksen and Belotti and still have 35 million left over.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Aye so probably take them two out? Who'd you spend £35m on?

I’d go for a RW, I think it’s the priority position, in terms of names, I haven’t seen Diaby play so can’t really say him.

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Right lads. If you have one signing left to spunk your remaining budget on, who would it be?

Your choice has to be based on who is worth finishing the remaining £35m reportedly, who can bring an immediate positive impact for the team consistently and won't be a flop?

You aren’t getting the first two for £35m but my wish would be Diaby. Him on right, Wilson thru the middle and ASM on left would be brilliant 

9 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Diaby seems like a no go but would splash the remaining budget on a rw.

9 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

RW as I feel it’s our priority position at this very moment, bonus if we can get a player that can also play centrally. Ekitike would perfect now, would leave us some cash for a ST or CM also. 

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

35m? We won’t get Diaby for that, so i’ll say Brennan Johnson with cash left over. 

I like that Johnson, looked good in the play offs, only time I saw him tbh, did you see Corbeanu? Again play offs for MK Don's, lower level I know, but looks some player, loaned to them via Wolves.

Howe spoke in loads of press conferences about a need for us to start adding goals from open play which tbh we didn't really do to a great extent even giving our good run of form. I'm sure a forward and right winger are still top priorities.

53 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well we could get Eriksen and Belotti and still have 35 million left over.

There are no ”free” transfers. Transfer fee gets pretty much converted to higher signing-on fee and wage.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

That's fair enough like. We're gasping for reinforcements up top and as much as I'd love us to strengthen the midfield, we were never going to fix all of the squad's considerable problems in two transfer windows.

From what I remember he said wide forward and forward that can play across the line were the priorities albeit that might change with outgoings.

Yup. Signing somebody like Eriksen is not free. It will be a signing-on fee and then high wages for the length of the contract. 

Once you take into account full cost and wages for life of contract the overall cost of signing Eriksen on a 'free' would probably be more than the cost of signing somebody like Sucic for 20 million. Plus free agents at 28+ essentially have a nil value come the end. 

I'm not opposed to older players as free agents as part of a balanced squad building but they're usually not the bargains they're made out to be. In fact they're often the most financially draining types of signings because of the sunk cost and lack of end value.

If we had unlimited spending power this wouldn't matter. But with FFP we have to essentially make sure most of our signings are sensible investments as much as they are good players.

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Be totally Meh if we signed sarr like or someone of that ilk

Careful do you not remember the last 13 years. Be grateful for Sarr :lol:

Edited by gdm

I think Sarr would be mildly disappointing because I hope that we'd get a higher profile wide player - but I also think he'd actually be a very solid signing, an upgrade on current right sided options and a player with scope to develop.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

That's fair enough like. We're gasping for reinforcements up top and as much as I'd love us to strengthen the midfield, we were never going to fix all of the squad's considerable problems in two transfer windows.

He can play RW too and can even play as a forward he’s just a very talented attacking player.