More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

disappointed? Have you slept through the last 13 years? 

The last 13 years is irrelevant. Absolutely despise that argument. I’m not asking for the world just a very good right winger to transform the forward line and take pressure off ASM. 

I still think we're looking at holding out for Ekikite. I get the impression the financial package for him was pretty reasonable considering the upside they see. Obviously the agent demands stepped it up to a cost that made it less suitable.

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think people need to start accepting that that is our budget. Personally I’m disappointed I thought we’d go pretty big for the wide right or forward position. Paqueta & Diaby are just a dream at this point 

That's the budget they want people to think we have. Whether it is or not remains to be seen.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

The last 13 years is irrelevant. Absolutely despise that argument. I’m not asking for the world just a very good right winger to transform the forward line and take pressure off ASM. 

the window has another 2 months before it closes, you’ve got no idea of the clubs budget or plans or who they will sign. You’re sitting typing out that you’re disappointed. Christ. 

So we where willing to spend the remainder of our budget on a 19 year old with 6 months of first team football under his belt ? Seems pretty risky to me.

If the budget is indeed nearly gone then got to question why we spent 10 million or so on a keeper.

Edited by SUPERTOON

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

the window has another 2 months before it closes, you’ve got no idea of the clubs budget or plans or who they will sign. You’re sitting typing out that you’re disappointed. Christ. 

I didn’t say I was disappointed with the business we’ve done or the window as a whole I’m disappointed we may not get a quality winger. Especially if the quality we’ve been linked with. Fuck sake do we suddenly have to be happy and wag our tails about every aspect of the club now just coz Ashley has gone. Christ 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Are people actually saying they're disappointed when we've already signed 3 people prior to pre-season training start? Have a word like :lol: 

No maybe read what I wrote. Fuck me :lol:

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If the club want Paqueta (I don't think they do), it makes no sense to wait. He's a World Cup away from shooting up in value with significantly more interest.

I think if they really wanted him we’d know about it by now 

Just now, gdm said:

I didn’t say I was disappointed with the business we’ve done or the window as a whole I’m disappointed we may not get a quality winger. Fuck sake do we suddenly have to be happy and wag our tails about every aspect of the club now? Christ 

Not at all, but it's a strange take to be disappointed about a signing that may or may not happen.

Thing is we've made huge strides but all of our signings other than Bruno have been solid defensive additions. Wood was a pragmatic signing up top to secure survival.

I think going for at least one marquee player in forward areas is necessary tbh. Both to make a statement but also to drastically improve the team where it is currently weakest. The hardest and most expensive signings to make are those in the forward areas.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Not at all, but it's a strange take to be disappointed about a signing that may or may not happen.

I’m reacting purely on the reports. If it turns out to be wrong it turns out to be wrong that’s why I said if. Seems cunts just want to jump on anything on here just now. The ones telling others they should be happy seem to be the first to jump down others throats :lol: very weird 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Thing is we've made huge strides but all of our signings other than Bruno have been solid defensive additions. Wood was a pragmatic signing up top to secure survival.

I think going for at least one marquee player in forward areas is necessary tbh. Both to make a statement but also to drastically improve the team where it is currently weakest. The hardest and most expensive signings to make are those in the forward areas.

All I was trying to say. You’ve said it better than me to be fair. 

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think people need to start accepting that that is our budget. Personally I’m disappointed I thought we’d go pretty big for the wide right or forward position. Paqueta & Diaby are just a dream at this point 

[emoji38]

Ffs man!

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Are people actually saying they're disappointed when we've already signed 3 people prior to pre-season training start? Have a word like :lol: 

I would be if this is the case like big opportunity here to push on and compete with the top 6 who are improving massively this summer.

No one deemed worth listing yet on .COM transfer rumours page for July. Linked with 30 players in June (many more who didn’t warrant listing there) 3 signed. There were 26 rumours last July (only one, Willock eventually signed). Wonder how many we’ll be linked to this month? 

Just now, Scoot said:

[emoji38]

Ffs man!

Tbf I did word it badly. I’m not disappointed as a whole however I think if we didn’t add quality in those two positions quite a few would be disappointed.  I meant specifically about one position not the window as a whole  

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’m reacting purely on the reports. If it turns out to be wrong it turns out to be wrong that’s why I said if. Seems cunts just want to jump on anything on here just now. The ones telling others they should be happy seem to be the first to jump down others throats :lol: very weird 

I'm not "jumping" on you, you're perfectly entitled to feel how you want. I'm just pointing out that we don't know who we're targeting in that position, let alone how much we'll spend on them. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not "jumping" on you, you're perfectly entitled to feel how you want. I'm just pointing out that we don't know who we're targeting in that position, let alone how much we'll spend on them. 

I know you ain’t mate. Didn’t mean you. Your reply was decent 

Edited by gdm

Anyway you’d imagine there’s at least £40m left if we saved £10m on the keeper situation (Henderson was meant to be £20m) and Etikite was £30m not spent. Wait and see I guess 

We will sign at least one quality attacking player this window and when we do that I will be more than satisfied with the spending we have done in the first 2 windows.

That said, I can see there being 3 more for the first team squad. 1 big signing and 2 more with scope for the future.

To be honest I'm already in dreamland and any cunt in here even hinting towards any negativity wants a slap in the face. This is ace compared to the last 16 years (that's right, pre Ashley was spiralling down hill).

We've already come on miles, we have plenty of miles yet to travel and I'm just here for the ride. HWTFL.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Tbf I did word it badly. I’m not disappointed as a whole however I think if we didn’t add quality in those two positions quite a few would be disappointed.  I meant specifically about one position not the window as a whole  

For starters, we're absolutely definitely not going to reveal our budget to anyone. That's the reason downie says we had a budget between 80 and 90 million, it's just a guess, he doesn't actually know. 

Even if it is true, another 90 million window is absolutely streets ahead of what we've been used to.

If we can spend the rest on a striker or a right winger and look to a loan to buy in the other position (striker or right winger, which ever 1 we didn't spend the rest of the budget on), i think we've had a cracking window. Another central midfielder would be good too mind.

Let's just wait and see but definitely don't take much notice of journalists trying to guess the budget.