More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

At least nowadays we know we really did try! :lol:

Yep, we have just got to accept currently at this stage , there are going to be a few players who don't see us at the level (Champions League/Europe) they want to play at. 

Stunned how there are still people that think some journalist would know how much we are about to spend. Use your brains and explain why any team would let their budget to be known by any outsider.

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

Stunned how there are still people that think some journalist would know how much we are about to spend. Use your brains and explain why any team would let their budget to be known by any outsider.

Its not even a set number. It can change with outgoings and I'm sure the new regime will be flexible and adapt should someone become available. So not even the owners know really much less some journalist.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

3 journalists have said the same now it’s fairly obvious they are being briefed by the club. Wether it’s actually true or the club are putting it out there to try keep prices down is up for debate but I doubt 3 journalists have just decided to make it up 

14 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its not even a set number. It can change with outgoings and I'm sure the new regime will be flexible and adapt should someone become available. So not even the owners know really much less some journalist.

Let’s be honest we’ll be lucky to get £10m for our out goings combined :lol: also it’ll be the owners briefing the journalists.

Edited by gdm

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

3 journalists have said the same now it’s fairly obvious they are being briefed by the club. Wether it’s actually true or the club are putting it out there to try keep prices down is up for debate but I doubt 3 journalists have just decided to make it up 

Alright, give me one logical reason why our owners would let journalists/whole world know how much we are going to spend?

Don’t really buy the narrative that the club are deliberately telling journalists we have a limited budget to get prices down. Everyone in the world knows how much money the Saudis have and will continually expect us to pay more.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Alright, give me one logical reason why our owners would let journalists/whole world know how much we are going to spend?

If they let them know then it’s going to be false. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

It’s likely to temper asking prices but I’ve absolutely no doubt they are being briefed they’ve said as much 

Sarr would be a much better option than Fraser, Murphy, or Almiron. So I'd be really happy with him. Ofc, we all want the glamorous big names through the door, I've been dying for Raphina all window. But, for now, we need to improve, and Sarr does that. Can't imagine he'd be the only wide player we bring in either.

47 minutes ago, Mikky said:

don’t think it’s Otavio tbh - they’ve just sold Luis Diaz, Vitanha and the guy to Arsenal 

Plus he’s 27 - we will be looking for a Bruno age type 

There's a lot of noise around him. Apparently his agent is in the country trying to push through a deal. My money's on him.

I think ideally they would go younger but there's not too many options at that position with a high output of goals/assists that aren't upwards of £40 million. And I think whoever we bring into the first team in that position will have a record of producing goals/assists.

image.thumb.png.d6a0c2ec717347b702e00d31f58b1a11.png

Just now, KaKa said:

There's a lot of noise around him. Apparently his agent is in the country trying to push through a deal. My money's on him.

I think ideally they would go younger but there's not too many options at that position with a high output of goals/assists that aren't upwards of £40 million. And I think whoever we bring into the first team in that position will have a record of producing goals/assists.

image.thumb.png.d6a0c2ec717347b702e00d31f58b1a11.png

He’s being very strongly linked with Villa 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s being very strongly linked with Villa 

He's been linked with a lot of clubs. Think they're just guessing. Prior to that it was Liverpool, until they denied it. I've put my money down on us :shifty:

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Would be happy with Sarr like, got a much higher ceiling than anything we have and given they were talking of £40/50m last time he went down I’d think it represents decent value too. Can’t imagine he’s on mega wages either which keeps the squad settled too. 

Yeah, I was underwhelmed originally when his name cropped up, but maybe some of us need to take a step back and accept that it's about improving the team at this stage, not buying CL players. Sarr would be a significant upgrade on Murphy and Fraser, and he's a good fit for where we are now.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's been linked with a lot of clubs. Think they're just guessing. Prior to that it was Liverpool, until they denied it. I've put my money down on us :shifty:

I’d personally be shocked if we signed someone we have yet to be linked with, despite a lot of rubbish the media come out with, signings are rarely made these days without a journalist mentioning it first.

Guest HTT II

Under Howe Sarr has a higher ceiling to improve vastly too, I’m all aboard signing him like.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d personally be shocked if we signed someone we have yet to be linked with, despite a lot of rubbish the media come out with, signings are rarely made these days without a journalist mentioning it first.

We were linked back in March. The source was A BOLA newspaper in Portugal. Article is no longer on their site though, but it's referenced in loads of articles mentioning it from March.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We were linked back in March. The source was A BOLA newspaper in Portugal. Article is no longer on their site though, but it's referenced in loads of articles mentioning it from March.

Sounds like an agent talking.